The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2022, 07:11 PM   #6061
Dask
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: NY
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Maybe we will get Hokum Hare or punk-disguised April in connection with Jersey Red’s episode appearances?
If they pack punk-disguised April with Jersey Red it will be highly sought after. If they pack Jersey Red with any other character not so much.

Hokum Hare would have been the perfect Loot Crate figure, that's when Loot Crate was still a thing.

Punk Pack (e.g. Dumbo, Jersey Red, Dopey, Grunt), Gangster Pack and other Pedestrian Packs will likely be super-limited, made-to-order NECA store exclusives considering the rather lukewarm reception to the Pre-Mutation Pack. In a line that has always been mutant-centric, humans are not regarded as desirable by the average collector, disbarring Shredder, Casey and April.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:56 PM   #6062
King Kahn
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I do remember them saying they canceled stock and it would be put into their SDCC sales one year. Wish I could remember which one. I just remember thinking they should have done this. I wonder if they are expecting SDCC attendance to be light and are afraid it would not sell out.




Interestingly my mousers showed up Friday, no shipping notice or anything, but they still show unfulfilled on my NECA account.
Yeah. They have def done that before.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:40 AM   #6063
Meow
Stone Warrior
 
Meow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: EU/Austria
Posts: 670
This just came in by mail

Mouser Multipack (54262) - currently shipping
Foot Soldier Deluxe Figure (54155) - Q2 (2022)
TMNT x Universal Monsters April O'Neil as Bride of Frankenstein (54185) - Q3 (2022)
Rock Soldier Infantry & Crooked Ninja Turtle Goon 2 pack (54252) - Q3 (2022)
Smash & Zach 2 pack (54255) - Q3 (2022)
Usagi Yojimbo (54257) - Q3 (2022)
Neutrino 3 Pack (54282) - Q3 (2022)
D&D Lost Wave 4 Pack (52272) - Q3 2022 (after Comicon)
Pre-Mutation 4 Pack (54264) - Q3 2022 (after Comicon)
Ultimate Greta (Wedding) (30627) - Q3 2022 (after Comicon)
The Thing 40th Anniversary Poster Figure (04954) - Q3 2022 (after Comicon)
Tokka & Rahzar 2 Pack (54127) - Q1 (2023)
Secret of the Ooze Accessory Set (54241) - Q1 (2023)
Secret of the Ooze Turtles 4 pack in VHS packaging (5423 - Q1 (2023)
The Turtle Van (54287) - Q1 (2023)
__________________
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:46 AM   #6064
IMJ
Foot Elite
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 4,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
This just came in by mail

Mouser Multipack (54262) - currently shipping
Foot Soldier Deluxe Figure (54155) - Q2 (2022)
TMNT x Universal Monsters April O'Neil as Bride of Frankenstein (54185) - Q3 (2022)
Rock Soldier Infantry & Crooked Ninja Turtle Goon 2 pack (54252) - Q3 (2022)
Smash & Zach 2 pack (54255) - Q3 (2022)
Usagi Yojimbo (54257) - Q3 (2022)
Neutrino 3 Pack (54282) - Q3 (2022)
D&D Lost Wave 4 Pack (52272) - Q3 2022 (after Comicon)
Pre-Mutation 4 Pack (54264) - Q3 2022 (after Comicon)
Ultimate Greta (Wedding) (30627) - Q3 2022 (after Comicon)
The Thing 40th Anniversary Poster Figure (04954) - Q3 2022 (after Comicon)
Tokka & Rahzar 2 Pack (54127) - Q1 (2023)
Secret of the Ooze Accessory Set (54241) - Q1 (2023)
Secret of the Ooze Turtles 4 pack in VHS packaging (5423 - Q1 (2023)
The Turtle Van (54287) - Q1 (2023)
Look at the remainder of what could be released still as compared to how long out it takes something to ship and it's apparent that we could be in for FW TMNT through all of 2024 or maybe longer. Definitely longer if you get into the Archie line.

Which I would say is.... 95% terrific for collectors that the line has had such legs.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:59 AM   #6065
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 726
Those pics apparently from somewhere at NECA of the superhero thugs and other weird character choices already sculpted is a head scratcher for me. I think this line is petering out and fast as far as what we are willing to pay these prices for and what each of us considers essential. If that stuff makes the light of day I'll be pretty surprised.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 11:36 AM   #6066
Dask
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: NY
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Those pics apparently from somewhere at NECA of the superhero thugs and other weird character choices already sculpted is a head scratcher for me. I think this line is petering out and fast as far as what we are willing to pay these prices for and what each of us considers essential. If that stuff makes the light of day I'll be pretty surprised.
NECA tends to support lines for years on end. Just check out their Alien and Predator figures. I have a feeling they will make plenty of obscure figures as well, including characters from latter episodes such as Dregg and Carter. They may reduce the production numbers or make them a NECA store exclusives.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 03:31 PM   #6067
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 726
Those other lines you mentioned have a buttload of reuse built in. I don't see them going with new characters forever. I hope I'm wrong about this (because I feel we've bought the Turtles themselves enough times over) but I think they'll milk them for more such as the disguises on the usagi box and so on before they keep going with that many new characters.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 06:30 PM   #6068
teemu
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 599
Trevor said they plan to do them all. Not sure if they will and people will buy into it all, but I see them getting out those specific ones like Dirk Savage/AJ howard, tempestra, Rex-1 etc next year and then the line starts to fizzle out.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 03:40 PM   #6069
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,368
New SpeekyGeeky interview with some reveals announced: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cevr5xzJPyR/

Last edited by mikey0; 06-13-2022 at 04:06 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:11 PM   #6070
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
New SpeekyGeeky interview with some reveals announced: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cevr5xzJPyR/
Anybody wanna share so we don't all have to pay with our eyeballs?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 05:39 AM   #6071
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior
 
D Piddy 1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 672
One opportunity that I think NECA are overlooking with this line is releasing or re-releasing the actual Turtles themselves. I'm sure loads of people missed out on the brothers and would love to add them into their collection - what is a TMNT collection without the TMNT themselves?

They could easily take the Turtles from the TID set and do twin packs or single packs - I'm certain they would fly off the shelves.
__________________
Twitter handle: @D_Piddy1982

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:22 AM   #6072
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant
 
coreyrc87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tupelo, MS
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
One opportunity that I think NECA are overlooking with this line is releasing or re-releasing the actual Turtles themselves. I'm sure loads of people missed out on the brothers and would love to add them into their collection - what is a TMNT collection without the TMNT themselves?

They could easily take the Turtles from the TID set and do twin packs or single packs - I'm certain they would fly off the shelves.
Agreed. TID style Turtles and Foot Soldiers should be in constant production and always readily available, or at least on a regular online order schedule (maybe put them up every other month?). I haven't heard of it happening specifically, but I'm sure there are collectors that would've gotten in on the line but haven't due to the difficulty of just obtaining the four main characters and the primary army builder.
__________________
coreyrc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 05:45 PM   #6073
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,368
The Fwoosh Mousers review: http://thefwoosh.com/2022/06/neca-te...ousers-review/
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 02:37 AM   #6074
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior
 
D Piddy 1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyrc87 View Post
Agreed. TID style Turtles and Foot Soldiers should be in constant production and always readily available, or at least on a regular online order schedule (maybe put them up every other month?). I haven't heard of it happening specifically, but I'm sure there are collectors that would've gotten in on the line but haven't due to the difficulty of just obtaining the four main characters and the primary army builder.
I wonder if anyone from NECA ever checks these forums? Or are we just p*ssing in the wind (moaning)?!

You're right on the Foot Soldier thing. In fact I would say that the core characters that should get at least a yearly release (re-release) are the Turtles, Shredder and Foot Soldiers. At least consumers could choose to jump in the line thinking "it's not too late for me". Yeah sure you might miss out on some obscure characters but you know you can pick up the Turtles then BAM - NECA has a new customer (victim).
__________________
Twitter handle: @D_Piddy1982

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 08:26 AM   #6075
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant
 
coreyrc87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tupelo, MS
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
I wonder if anyone from NECA ever checks these forums? Or are we just p*ssing in the wind (moaning)?!

You're right on the Foot Soldier thing. In fact I would say that the core characters that should get at least a yearly release (re-release) are the Turtles, Shredder and Foot Soldiers. At least consumers could choose to jump in the line thinking "it's not too late for me". Yeah sure you might miss out on some obscure characters but you know you can pick up the Turtles then BAM - NECA has a new customer (victim).
Yeah a yearly cycle of them would probably be better than the bi-monthly idea I mentioned. At a yearly cycle, they could make tweaks/improvements and add/change accessories to keep some existing collectors buying them too.

And yeah I'd like to think there's someone from NECA lurking around here. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like too good an opportunity to gauge fan reactions and feedback, even if they don't make it publicly known or weigh in on things themselves. Kinda like how it's becoming more and more obvious that people at Marvel are absolutely in the Marvel/MCU/MCU Spoilers subreddits — they keep their presence unknown, but they're most certainly there.
__________________

Last edited by coreyrc87; 06-15-2022 at 08:50 AM.
coreyrc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:12 AM   #6076
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
New SpeekyGeeky interview with some reveals announced: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cevr5xzJPyR/
So who was announced?
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:24 AM   #6077
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant
 
coreyrc87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tupelo, MS
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
So who was announced?
It's not up yet. They're splitting it up into parts, and the first goes up at 7:00 PM CDT today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJGLszK5vHA

They went ahead and put the index/timestamps up, so here are the topics covered:

00:00 Intro To TMNT NECA

2:31 Collecting Turtles in the 80's

6:14 Pop Culture Influence on Toys

8:33 New Toy Reveal and some background

12:11 Three Toy lines you would like to work on?

16:09 2012 Turtles

18:05 New Accessory Pack?

22:54 Imagining What A NECA IDW and 2012 Turtles Toy Roster Might Look Like

25:18 A Closer Look at SDCC Exclusive Premutation 4-Pack

27:12 Barney Stockman?

27:32 Fred Wolf Animated Series

28:36 Animation Variants

31:56 Future Convention Exclusives?

33:00 How Expansive Might The Archie Line Be?

35:24 Wrap-Up
__________________
coreyrc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 01:16 PM   #6078
SleepDrifter
Thug
 
SleepDrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Dimension B
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyrc87 View Post
Yeah a yearly cycle of them would probably be better than the bi-monthly idea I mentioned. At a yearly cycle, they could make tweaks/improvements and add/change accessories to keep some existing collectors buying them too.

And yeah I'd like to think there's someone from NECA lurking around here. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like too good an opportunity to gauge fan reactions and feedback, even if they don't make it publicly known or weigh in on things themselves. Kinda like how it's becoming more and more obvious that people at Marvel are absolutely in the Marvel/MCU/MCU Spoilers subreddits — they keep their presence unknown, but they're most certainly there.
This is a very low sample of fans as compared to Facebook groups and other forums. It’s roughly the same cycle of 15 people that contribute or voice opinion here vs just in my region of my state NECA specific TMNT collectors FB group that contains roughly 2100 members. At any which time there are about 45-60 individual voices contributing and also offering opinions. I live in a densely populated state but still much more going on on a daily basis than this section of the forum. The board comes off to me as a lot of seriously disappointed people using an outdated system of communication opposed to the lively and enthusiastic social media specific groups. Don’t get me wrong, plenty of people complain there too- just not such a small selection of the same people complaining over and over. I’m sure NECA recognizes this thread… but I’m not sure they’re lurking here to get advice or ideas from such a small sample size, not sure that it would make sense or benefit their marketing plan. As with Super7, I’m sure there’s the collective voice of many similar opinions that permeate all platforms that they read loud and clear. I mostly stay clear of this forum and the Thundercats specific forum because of how intense and nasty people get in both of these places. It’s a real turn off to other diehards that are more interested in celebrating and cultivating conversation rather than tearing one another down or just constantly making assumptions that either of these companies are failing and on the verge of abandoning a line. There is a thick miasma that accompanies these boards and much more people have taken to modern approaches to instant dialog by using social media.

TLDR: it is unlikely NECA is lurking on this specific message board.
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 06:19 PM   #6079
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
So who was announced?
Ultimate REX-1 and a toon accessory set.

A couple of images of REX-1: https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...Ct2bmsrdUqAAAA

Last edited by mikey0; 06-15-2022 at 06:47 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:16 PM   #6080
ls1z28
Hench Mutant
 
ls1z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sewer lair, where else??
Posts: 385
Wondering where this Usagi came from… was he a Neca preorder? Or is he showing up in the wild??

https://imgur.com/gallery/YDrUY8y
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.