The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #81
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah, I loved it, too. Fun is a word being thrown around a lot to describe it, but it's the perfect description.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:41 PM   #82
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I'll admit that as much as I enjoyed the movie it made me wish even more that we had the technology to create something like the Oasis in real life. I guess if VR technology keeps being developed we might. Or maybe we're already in a simulation, somebody help me find the cheat codes!
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:08 AM   #83
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nope, can't be a simulation... All the fictional people we want to exist, don't. But even if we're old by the time something just as good exists, well, that's going to be some fun senior years.

75-year-old me: Hey, Turtles... tea (and pizza if you insist) at my VR place after the battle? lol (Granted I suppose not all VR worlds have to be a fight game. Maybe in one scenario you're just taking an art class with Mikey. )
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:31 PM   #84
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
As far as using a more classic design... The Injustice 2 models could have worked if only they were not so recent. Slap on some more realistic textures and voilà.
They probably could have.
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure they used the Injustice model of Harley Quinn - it may have been from one of the Arkham games though. The Arkham Knight is in at least two scenes, and I think they used the Arkham Knight model of Catwoman. Plus, they had Goro from MKX which is Netherrealms, so they would have had access to the Turtles. The PD Turtles are only in it for a couple of seconds, so they may have just reused actual animation from the PD movies, which probably took less time than monkeying with more VG assets.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:20 AM   #85
Ninjinister
無問題

So is it like... all 4 Turtles?
Old 04-04-2018, 01:30 AM   #86
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
So is it like... all 4 Turtles?
2 handsome turtles.

Unless I didn’t see the other 2 in the crowded background (which warrants another viewing lol). But nah, pretty sure it’s just the two.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:17 PM   #87
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It's PD... who are we calling handsome?

If my boy isn't there I'm gonna be sorely disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
The PD Turtles are only in it for a couple of seconds, so they may have just reused actual animation from the PD movies, which probably took less time than monkeying with more VG assets.
Hm, would make sense to do it, esp given the massive amount of characters and everything that film looks to be dealing with.

Shame though, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing new little bits and pieces of them in other stuff just for fun after they kind of got shorted on their own films.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:42 PM   #88
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Shame though, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing new little bits and pieces of them in other stuff just for fun after they kind of got shorted on their own films.
Real world practicality aside, the Injustice Turtles would have probably made more sense in the context of the plot; they look more like classic 80s Turtles and the Oasis seems to be very 80s inspired. Plus, the movie is set in 2045 or something, and what are the odds that anyone will remember the PD turtles by then?
Old 04-04-2018, 09:34 PM   #89
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ah, well if it's 80s inspired then definitely. Maybe there will be a scone (scone??) [edit: sequel] and they can get hold of the Injustice models since they'd be old news by then. Though I guess the thrill of character cameos just wouldn't be the same for a sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Plus, the movie is set in 2045 or something, and what are the odds that anyone will remember the PD turtles by then?
Maybe it's an alternate reality where they actually had good writers and got the films that SHOULD have been made, plus several more.

Side note... Technically we can say the Turtles have been in a Steven Spielberg film? Too bad it can't be a first step into getting into better hands, such as his.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:38 AM   #90
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Ah, well if it's 80s inspired then definitely. Maybe there will be a scone (scone??) [edit: sequel] and they can get hold of the Injustice models since they'd be old news by then. Though I guess the thrill of character cameos just wouldn't be the same for a sequel.

Maybe it's an alternate reality where they actually had good writers and got the films that SHOULD have been made, plus several more.

Side note... Technically we can say the Turtles have been in a Steven Spielberg film? Too bad it can't be a first step into getting into better hands, such as his.
Who would remember the 80s in 2045? Tracer then would as old school to them as 80s TMNT is to us. Everything 80s wpuld seem to them as the 40s seem to us.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:31 PM   #91
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The book is getting a sequel. So, don't be surprised if there's another movie.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/ready-p...te-1202980261/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ready sjw player one, ready_player_cuck, reddit player one, unrealistic expectations