The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-30-2017, 01:39 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Official Episode Discussion S5 Ep 08: Osoroshi no Tabi

Quote:
Usagi leads the Turtles through a haunted forest where they encounter mischievous and dangerous spirits.
The episode is up on ITunes

Discuss away

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:51 AM   #2
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Saw it. This episode is better than the last one for me
Spoiler:

The Giant Spider took Raph and start to tying his full body with her spiderweb while he was saying: DEJA VUU!! Totally a reference of TLOTR

That was the best part lol

The final scene with Donnie Mikey and Raph "dying" (really they are not dead of course) was surprising and the battle of Jei VS Leo was intense.

Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:46 AM   #3
Vicky82
Emperor

Great episode, it was strange at first with those trickster bears but then the episode became more and more serious.

That last part, even though it was a dream, totally freaked me out

Leo crying and holding Mikey, got me teared up.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:51 AM   #4
Ninjinister
無問題

"Trickster bears"

Tanuki :/
Old 07-30-2017, 02:53 AM   #5
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
"Trickster bears"

Tanuki :/
Thanks, I couldn't spell it, that's why I put trickster bears, maybe I could of put trickster raccoons instead

Old 07-30-2017, 03:10 AM   #6
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Thanks, I couldn't spell it, that's why I put trickster bears, maybe I could of put trickster raccoons instead
Well, they're dogs, so....
Old 07-30-2017, 04:45 AM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

Not feeling this one. Feels like a waste turning 1 of the 3 Usagi episodes into something so goofy. The last one was a masterpiece to me, so a comedy driven feature that doesn't really move the plot being on the heels of that leaves something to be desired. & then there's the tacked on drama at the end. Nobody but Vicky fell for that. C'mon, how many times they gonna fake deaths in this series? By this point, I know better, so it held no emotional impact for me. The fight itself was cool, though. & we got one uber brief moment of Usagi & Leo, they could've done so much more with their dynamic. This would've been a good opportunity to build on that, rather than give way too much screen time to Mikey's ridiculousness. Tanuki are cool & all, but there are so many other Yokai out there that could've made their time far more tumultuous, I was hoping for more variety. Spider stuff's a bit generic in that department.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda, ah well. I'm sure the next will win me over as they usually do.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:58 AM   #8
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not feeling this one. Feels like a waste turning 1 of the 3 Usagi episodes into something so goofy. The last one was a masterpiece to me, so a comedy driven feature that doesn't really move the plot being on the heels of that leaves something to be desired. & then there's the tacked on drama at the end. Nobody but Vicky fell for that. C'mon, how many times they gonna fake deaths in this series? By this point, I know better, so it held no emotional impact for me. The fight itself was cool, though. & we got one uber brief moment of Usagi & Leo, they could've done so much more with their dynamic. This would've been a good opportunity to build on that, rather than give way too much screen time to Mikey's ridiculousness. Tanuki are cool & all, but there are so many other Yokai out there that could've made their time far more tumultuous, I was hoping for more variety. Spider stuff's a bit generic in that department.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda, ah well. I'm sure the next will win me over as they usually do.
I didn't fall for it, I knew it was a dream but it was still an emotional moment.

I was surprised that Mikey was stabbed and not given a joke 'death'.

Also what ridiculous moment, that was a Tanuki not Mikey.

Last edited by Vicky82; 07-30-2017 at 05:06 AM.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:47 AM   #9
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not feeling this one. Feels like a waste turning 1 of the 3 Usagi episodes into something so goofy. The last one was a masterpiece to me, so a comedy driven feature that doesn't really move the plot being on the heels of that leaves something to be desired.
I felt the same way. So much more interesting stuff in Usagi's world that could have been explored. Also the story structure and pacing was pretty weird.

Quote:
& then there's the tacked on drama at the end. Nobody but Vicky fell for that. C'mon, how many times they gonna fake deaths in this series?
At least they did a good job selling the fact that Leo believed it. No generic "this can't be happeningggggg!"

Quote:
we got one uber brief moment of Usagi & Leo, they could've done so much more with their dynamic. This would've been a good opportunity to build on that, rather than give way too much screen time to Mikey's ridiculousness.
Preach brother. Leo/Usagi is always based around "we have swords and honor and fight battles together, we're such tight bros". Now we finally have a crossover where Splinter was slain by Shredder, similar to how Usagi has lost both his father and his master. Doesn't seem like they're going to touch on that.

Quote:
Spider stuff's a bit generic in that department.
It was a better design than Spiderbytez lol. And they referenced the Spider Witch from Ghostbusters, so that was cool.

But yeah, next week looks great. It will be bittersweet though, since this will be the last time, chronologically, that we see the guys as teenagers.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:54 AM   #10
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Well that sucks, I didn't even know they started showing new episodes.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #11
The Happy One
Hench Mutant

yeah the reaction to the deaths was pretty well done even if it was obviously a dream...but yeah a lot of it was kinda wasted on pranks? i mean i did enjoy it, but not as intense as last episode i think (unless you count that scene but, ya know. Fake out)
The Happy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:53 AM   #12
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I had to work... (which is where I am now) I'm waiting impatiently for it to be 7pm so I can rush home and pull it up on the DVR.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:25 AM   #13
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Great episode, it was strange at first with those trickster bears but then the episode became more and more serious.

That last part, even though it was a dream, totally freaked me out

Leo crying and holding Mikey, got me teared up.
Great ending, dissapointed it was just a dream.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:11 PM   #14
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

For whatever reason my dvr didn't record the episode today.....
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #15
matteso586
Stone Warrior

I don't know why Raph said deja vu, that spider monster only made me think of the video game, Brother.

Did they say that it was Usagi that knocked out Raph, Mikey, and Donnie in the ending?

From the looks of things, Leo might be put under full control of Jei in the next episode.

I bet Sumo Kuma thinks that the Turtles, and Usagi are dead.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #16
neatoman
Emperor

That's weird, I watched the episode like 30 minutes ago and forgot I did until I saw this thread...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:49 PM   #17
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
I don't know why Raph said deja vu, that spider monster only made me think of the video game, Brother.
It was a Lord of the Rings Reference, Sean Astin Character was wrapped up in Webbing

Quote:
Did they say that it was Usagi that knocked out Raph, Mikey, and Donnie in the ending?
No Jei put a dream spell on them and when Jei killed them in the dream, they woke up.

Quote:
From the looks of things, Leo might be put under full control of Jei in the next episode.
I think all the turtles will be under Jei's control.

Old 07-30-2017, 01:09 PM   #18
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It was a Lord of the Rings Reference, Sean Astin Character was wrapped up in Webbing
liked that reference, was surprised by the bugs bunny reference in there also

Quote:
I think all the turtles will be under Jei's control.
same but jei might have leo under a stronger amount of control since leo is the strongest of the 4 of them
Old 07-30-2017, 01:16 PM   #19
Vegita-San
Emperor

went from a pretty cool stan saki written episode, with lots of neat visuals not really seen before in TMNT......to another boring horror like episode that seemed rather out of place.

I guess a bunch of talking animal warriors wasn't enough to keep ones interest.

i don't know about this season so far.

Zombie shredder arc was rather forgettable.

The Return of the Nuetrlizer was rather interesting, although I wish they had kept Dregg and the worlds shortest invasion out of it. it would have worked much better focusing it on the Nuetralizers race.

the first usagi ep was pretty cool, second one lost my interest fast.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:31 PM   #20
Ninjinister
無問題

As a fan of Japanese mythology and mythology in general, I liked it. The dream-fight with Jei was also pretty intense.

Joroguma gave Akemi reason to have even existed in the show in the first place, since she did absolutely f**k all in Yojimbo.

Tags
ban the cuck, cucktaro, hi brandon