The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 05-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

With that sexy extra cut out to make sure those manly side-ribs show. lol Someday someone is gonna bring that back, even if unsuccessful.

I dunno, maybe a trend isn't necessarily always about weight or body self consciousness? I mean, thin people wear one pieces too. Maybe some of the cuts and prints of one pieces this year are simply nicer than some of the two pieces.

I'm thin, but personally I prefer tankinis these days, or the tank and shorts style. Partly being over the teens and 20-something drive to try to show stuff off, and partly I think they're just cuter.

Too each their own though. The only truly shameless person I've ever really seen at the beach, back when I was still a kid ('tween probably), was the guy in the Speedo-type piece (I think it was a bright color, maybe a neon yellow?) we had to pass by on the ramp back up to the boardwalk who was, lets say, super happy chatting with a couple of women. Not even walking by, just hanging out on the ramp. Swimwear hugging the junk is one thing... but shamelessly pitching tents in front of familes... wtf. Weirdo...either just get out of foot traffic or grab a damn towel; rather than just hanging against the railing like you're so proud of yourself. A chunky lady enjoying wearing a two piece, or a guy letting the beer belly hang out, have nothing on that.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-28-2017 at 11:39 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #22
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I dunno, maybe a trend isn't necessarily always about weight or body self consciousness? I mean, thin people wear one pieces too. Maybe some of the cuts and prints of one pieces this year are simply nicer than some of the two pieces.
Exactly, the article in question is god damn ridiculous and they change things to fit their narrative. Most in this thread didn't even bother to click the link as seen from some of the replies. As my second post pointed out modern one piece swimming suits are just as revealing if not more than the average Bikini while bikini's surface area coverage has become smaller and acceptable in smaller years making the whole "women don't like them" for those reasons and that they want suits to better fit their body a stretch. I also found it amusing that a few days after BI tweeted about America being #1 in obsesity they tweet about how now Americans prefer one piece bathing suit, which the article doesn't mention though the second part is all about "bigger' women in bathing suits.

I was hoping for more opinions in this thread but oh well, I still think we can mark this as FAKE news.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #23
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
https://moneyish.com/ish/women-dont-...ikinis-anymore

Women hate bikinis now? I wonder if there's any correlation with the above story and the one below which I read just a few weeks ago.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...ico-2017-05-19

Will beaches become modest and PG for everyone not to be offended?
http://s2.firstpost.in/wp-content/up...ll-Reuters.jpg
Well since you posted a pic of that volleyball match lol. I think the best looking one was Irene Verasio from Argentina, I could watch her play beach volleyball all day. She got hurt this year, so she didn't make the games, but last games she competed. Shock they allow thongs, but there she is running up there in a thong lol. But she is real pretty also.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:53 PM   #24
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Looks like this was FAKE News all along, I still see more revealing swimsuits every time I go to the beach. However this body positivity thing has got to go. Ladies who should definitely not be wearing these revealing swimsuits are wearing them and they make up a large percentage of the stuff you see. Maybe it's time to dress a bit more conservative or begin bringing harpoons.

https://hiplatina.com/body-positive-...stars-bikinis/
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:10 PM   #25
IMJ
Emperor

Body positivity is supposed to be about people with body issues simply being able to operate normally in society without trouble. But it was already like that to begin with.

What body positivity has become to the "we got trophies for losing" generation is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick Said
"I'm a fattie and angry that no one tells me I'm sexy so I'll force you to say things like "You go girl!" and "looking good girlfriend!" as I walk around like this via social-PC-group-think. Because imposing my will on you through a manipulation tactic is easier than me routinely going for a jog!"
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:12 PM   #26
ChosenOne
Banned

Too bad mental gymnastics don't burn calories, or they'd be fit as ****.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:20 PM   #27
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Too bad mental gymnastics don't burn calories, or they'd be fit as ****.
Funny Post ^
Old 05-17-2021, 10:23 AM   #28
mrmaczaps
Banned

A lady friend of mine just tweeted about how she went suit shopping and wants something that doesn't show off her entire backside & apparently those don't really exist anymore in any decent selection... so I told her suits are optional at my pool.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:18 PM   #29
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It's an article about a present fashion trend in bathing suits... why is this thread or misconstruing it as anything else even a thing.

Considering plenty of people may have put on a little during a pandemic and more time sitting around at home, it doesn't surprise me that a tummy covering one piece might be a tad more popular this year. What of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Ladies who should definitely not be wearing these revealing swimsuits are wearing them
Only if you're going to tell the men the same about the Skimpy men's stuff like the Speedos. Too often it's the hairy old fat guys who don't care what anyone thinks anymore who are wearing them. Ick.

edit: Eh, you got me... I see now this is an old thread. But why is it even back. Are people that bored and in need to stir the pot...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:22 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I see all over my feed and even on IG ladies posting stuff akin to: "quarantine hasn't been good to this bod... summer's gonna be a b****!" Which makes sense. If the media has (somehow) convinced you that only certain death awaits you if you go to the beach for the past year and a half... you probably won't care about a "beach bod" or being "bikini ready."

So it's probably less a real life trend and more ladies temporarily becoming mumu wearers during COVID times. If it's anything at all.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:26 PM   #31
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Considering plenty of people may have put on a little during a pandemic and more time sitting around at home,
I definitely did. For sure.

Quote:
a tummy covering one piece might be a tad more popular this year. What of it.
Yet this is a misattribution of the direction of the convo. Nobody is commenting on people who wear appropriate bathing suits and who are tastefully ready to go to swimming. That is.... like exactly the opposite of what people are joking about in this thread.

Last edited by IMJ; 05-17-2021 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:49 PM   #32
Leo656
The Franchise

I look about the same. But then I do work out at the gym at least three days a week, and I have to go shirtless in tights every few weeks and that's a helluva motivator to keep fit even when it's not "beach season".

I mean, technically I don't "have" to keep fit, since standards on the independent wrestling scene have definitely dropped in recent years, and a lot of guys don't look fit enough to walk up a flight of stairs. But I, personally, take pride in myself and my appearance. So even though I don't "have" to stay in shape, I choose to, because I consider it a public service to those who have to look at me.

I also feel like absolute sh*t if I get over 175 and I honestly don't know how the f*ck fat people live the way they do. Like I can't imagine walking around feeling like crap all the time, to say nothing of looking like crap. For me, as soon as I start having a hard time putting my boots on, I know it's time to cut back on the pizza rolls for a few weeks.

My wife's been overweight for a few years now (although she's finally working on getting better, thankfully). She constantly feels awful, I don't know how she can manage it. She's always tired and constantly in pain. But since she's been going back to the gym she's been doing better. I just can't imagine living that life and carrying all that extra weight, it seems like torture.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:57 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I've been a bit over the map since COVID last March. I always run and lift weights, but to varying degrees on given weeks. When I got laid off that month I was.... about average. Maybe slightly chunky. Right away into that summer and Fall I lost a ton of weight... both fat and muscle. I wasn't eating much... mostly just drinking and dinking around. I shrunk down to probably my skinniest until the winter. Around December I said "f*** it" for 4 weeks and ate chips and salsa (my one real vice, food wise) every night. Wham! Got all the weight back. Now I've worked my way back to almost exactly the way I was last March, maybe slightly leaner.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:40 PM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise

I refuse to "eat right" and that's always gonna cause me problems. I don't eat like "crap" or anything, like I might have a bag of chips once a month or so and about once a week I might have a piece of a danish or something. But I eat a ton of pasta and cheese and I just plain refuse to let go of that. Although I did cut down the "eat a whole pound of pasta and 20 cocktail meatballs, and then not move for two days" thing to like once every three or four months. Back in the day that was a weekly event and I'm quite shocked I'm not dead. Or fat.

I do go way f*cking overboard on Chinese food about once a month or so, but that's the one thing I'm really "bad" about anymore.

Meanwhile, we're going to Red Lobster tomorrow for our Anniversary so I'm probably gonna overdo it like I always do. I can't help it, man. Lobster!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote