The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-26-2021, 01:34 PM   #81
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Words aren't bullets. They shouldn't hurt so bad.

- Signed, "A Kid Who Got Teased, Picked On, Bullied, and Occasionally Beaten Up Almost Constantly From Kindergarten Through The End Of 8th Grade, But Refused To Succumb To 'Victim' Mentality And In Turn Became A Better, Stronger Person"

P.S.: If anyone tries to say it's "not the same for white people", I'd argue that being beaten up by a half-dozen kids and thrown in a ditch because your parents got arrested for drugs, being called "trash" and taunted for "living in a cardboard box" because the bank foreclosed on your house and you had to move to a sh*tbox apartment, and told that "nobody's ever going to love you, you're gross" because you're short, skinny, and have rather effeminate facial features, all hurts JUST as much no matter what your skin color is. I'd actually argue that those things are much, much worse than calling an Indian kid "Apu" or making Mulan jokes at Asian kids.

Seriously. I have an open-hand for anyone who even tries to argue that either white people are "immune" from bullying, or that race makes a damn bit of difference.

Yeah, people could and should be nicer. But they're not, and they're never going to be. Therefore, people NEED to Toughen Up. We don't live in "I Wish" Land. Every single person is taught "Treat others the way YOU want to be treated" by the age of 5. MOST people in turn just chuck that right out the window. It's never gonna change. Expecting or even hoping that it will is wasted energy.

Just Be The Change You Want To See and let that be good enough. Nobody's changing the world. Ever.
I dont think that people ever actually care about the words. I think it's more often than not the intent. The fact that you know someone is provoking you with anything they have because they've chosen to dislike you is what I think get under people's skin most of the time.

But see, that in of itself is part of the problem. The ego's and narcissism of "the offended" informs those very people that they are being personally attacked - as if they are so important to the world that all of these offensive things must be directed at them.

Being offended nowadays is more often than not a sign of weaponized reverse-attack from an @$$hole, or a sign of narcissism that an @$$hole thinks they are so important that everything is about them.

If you could remove those two paradigms and were left only with valid situations in which normal, well-adjusted people became genuinely offended by something, then you'd only have 2% of the current problem remaining.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:57 PM   #82
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

People just need to stop complicating the whole issue.

If a demographic that is the target of something calls BS on it, then it's BS. The response should be to tweak our understanding of manners and basic respect for other people, not more or less scream 'false flag' and act victimized for being told/asked to stop, which too many seem to do.

But yeah, bullying certainly happens across the board. Some have what it takes to strengthen themselves in the face of it, and unfortunately some do not.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:25 PM   #83
Iroh
Hench Mutant

I think the only group that will try to cancel TMNT is PETA.
I remember when people were trying to cancel TMNT back in 1989 because slime was making its mark in the toy industry at a devastating rate. There was a news segment about how concerns are being raised about a boy's fascination with gooey toys that are deemed nasty to parents. In my opinion, if TMNT were going to be cancelled, it would be by the OG collectors and viewers such as myself that has been there from the beginning. I don't have any notions of being offended from what I have been seeing all of these years. The only thing that I hate is how the turtles look now. LMAO!
Old 03-26-2021, 03:47 PM   #84
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I don't recall the issue over the slime, but too funny that it's like 10x as popular with kids today. Though Nick and that old show "You can't do that on Television" is probably way more to blame for it back then than the Turtles. That show invented it as one of Nick's trademark things. Kids now have no idea where that started.

Now I want a TMNT vs PETA short. Not really as foes, but just as the sometimes misguided organization that it is and struggles to accept that no, the TMNT are people capable of making their own decisions and don't want to "return to the wild."
Old 03-26-2021, 03:55 PM   #85
Iroh
Hench Mutant

That would be hilarious to watch!
Old 03-26-2021, 04:56 PM   #86
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
If a demographic that is the target of something calls BS on it, then it's BS. The response should be to tweak our understanding of manners and basic respect for other people, not more or less scream 'false flag' and act victimized for being told/asked to stop, which too many seem to do.
Except most of the time most prominent voices belong to "white knights" and supposedly offended party either doesn't see the issue or don't really care, since the issue is so miniscule there is no serious harmful intent or offense.
Like recently, when SJW scum attempted to cancel Speedy Gonzalez again and pretty much all Latino / Mexican told them that they liked the character.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 05:39 PM   #87
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, but that's what I'm talking about.

Same thing with a couple sports team names and logos/mascots over here for example. Some Native people might shrug and not care and so some people, mostly white ones, point and say "Look, they don't care, it's fine!" but they ignore the many Native people who DO care and don't like it because those select people who shrug it off offer confirmation bias, and those who don't like it are denied a voice in the matter because their opinion isn't what other people want to hear. That is what I mean.

Basically, white people on both sides of an issue have a bad habit of trying to decide everything...
Old 03-26-2021, 05:56 PM   #88
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Except most of the time most prominent voices belong to "white knights" and supposedly offended party either doesn't see the issue or don't really care, since the issue is so miniscule there is no serious harmful intent or offense.
Like recently, when SJW scum attempted to cancel Speedy Gonzalez again and pretty much all Latino / Mexican told them that they liked the character.
And not only that, but they don't have to like the character. It's a joke and it makes more people laugh than otherwise and I refuse to believe that people at large watch Speedy Gonzalez and then as a direct result are completely informed about Hispanic people. Which is an irony because it seems that there are more people at large nowadays that believe that would happen! It's the new idiot population. They don't watch Speedy and believe that all Hispanics are like that mouse, but instead they watch Speedy and believe that everyone will believe that all Hispanics are like that mouse.

The point is that caricatures are around for a reason and it isn't widely to oppress people.

But instead of becoming educated and being able to tell the difference, we just have people running around pointing at anything they can as part of the movement. And that alone, on it's own merits are the actions of the kind of people in society that we shouldn't be listening to in the first place.

Quote:

Same thing with a couple sports team names and logos/mascots over here for example. Some Native people might shrug and not care and so some people, mostly white ones, point and say "Look, they don't care, it's fine!" but they ignore the many Native people who DO care and don't like it because those select people who shrug it off offer confirmation bias, and those who don't like it are denied a voice in the matter because their opinion isn't what other people want to hear. That is what I mean.

Basically, white people on both sides of an issue have a bad habit of trying to decide everything...
LOL! Yeah. That's complete bull $#!(.

The point isn't who is offended and who says not to be. The point is that live and let live, support what you like and avoid what you don't. You are taking some position that everyone has as a stake in this, but most normal people actually don't - normal people of all races. Most of it is complete nonsense that doesn't yield a stakeholder beyond enjoyment or disregard. This country wasn't built on cancelling and demanding conformity to everyone else's framework, and capitalism grew to accommodate choice by voting with patronage. That's it.

Last edited by IMJ; 03-26-2021 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:13 PM   #89
Galactus
Foot Elite

The above is very true.

Also I don't see the harm in putting a disclaimer in front of shows, movies or even books we know have problematic elements in them. Disney have been doing that for years. They released their War Propaganda shorts and had introductions by Leonard Maltin talking about the context of which they were made. Likewise I have some collected Floyd Gottfredson Mickey Mouse strips that have essays at the front some of which include an explanations of the same of the stuff that would be seen as racist now and even one of my Carl Barks Uncle Scrooge does the same. Would you rather that or censoring them or even removing them all together?
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:28 PM   #90
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
The above is very true.

Also I don't see the harm in putting a disclaimer in front of shows, movies or even books we know have problematic elements in them. Disney have been doing that for years. They released their War Propaganda shorts and had introductions by Leonard Maltin talking about the context of which they were made. Likewise I have some collected Floyd Gottfredson Mickey Mouse strips that have essays at the front some of which include an explanations of the same of the stuff that would be seen as racist now and even one of my Carl Barks Uncle Scrooge does the same. Would you rather that or censoring them or even removing them all together?
Exactly.

And congrats on having a normalized POV on this that isn't galvanized like Indigo going on about "white people" and other nonsense.

And really above all else is that this is why we have a ratings system on things now. To aid in consumer choice. Nothing wrong with continuous improvement on it that might add a note or a rater that annotates some of the older content.

But on that note, not a fan of "trigger warnings" at all. Easy explanation - trigger warnings are intended to prime shallower thinkers to "be ready". But those same people have a tendency to have "informed reaction". We all know it. It's like when you tell a child not to do something because it could be bad and their response is to over dramatize that thing instead of simply acting on it. And so, trigger warnings that are so blunt actually invite problems from these stunted people instead of diffuse problems.

That's who we are dealing with as a society. The empowered idiot.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:08 PM   #91
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I guess I should start adding a trigger warning to my posts just for you.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:14 PM   #92
Leo656
The Franchise

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:10 AM   #93
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
To add to that, it's usually the loudest SJWs who selectively dictate and make policies to other racial minorities what is considered to be racist/offensive or not for them. For example, the massacre in Atlanta is considered racism against Asian Americans, but the affirmative action policy on elite colleges that use race as a factor of admission is not, when it restricts Asian-American college admission because of their high achievement.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:32 AM   #94
Sumac
Banned

Quote:

Well, than how about offended party saying it for themselves?
Because, in most situations like this its basically reduced to white people vs white people on behalf of parties that don't care. It doesn't reduce racism, its just ego pandering.

And saying "somebody cares"...its kind of pointless. If they care - they will say so. Assuming something on behalf of others is just stupid.

Also, SJWs don't understand context and that people are not parrots and won't instantly imitate something that they've seen on screen or have been told.

And even than, normal people tend to overthink stuff and see offensive context where there is none. Like how "Red Skins" logo was offensive? To who? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
To add to that, it's usually the loudest SJWs who selectively dictate and make policies to other racial minorities what is considered to be racist/offensive or not for them. For example, the massacre in Atlanta is considered racism against Asian Americans, but the affirmative action policy on elite colleges that use race as a factor of admission is not, when it restricts Asian-American college admission because of their high achievement.
This is what I hate about SJWs the most: their ideology is entirely situational and dictated by who is highest on a victim totem pole at the moment.

Last edited by Sumac; 03-27-2021 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-27-2021, 04:34 AM   #95
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Like people growing weed the turtles prolly "borrows" electricity (been watching UK landlords show with horrible tenants , one guy lost 20k £
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:17 AM   #96
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Or the Scarjo/Motoko Kusanagi example where Japanese people didn't see a problem, where the creator of Motoko himself didn't see the problem but sjws were trying to make it part of their white-washing campaign. Despite the fact that Scajo flat out looks like the character, they even went as far as to say 'it doesn't matter what the creator says'. Like dude, sit down and stfu.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 10:21 AM   #97
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I guess I should start adding a trigger warning to my posts just for you.
LOL you don't trigger me, man. Holy $#!(...
shakes head God

You want to focus on me so tightly, but all that really means is that my points are more solid, poignant, and crushing you all to hell. HAHAHAHA Jesus. If you said something actually informed, wise or of valid life experienced (that I believed) I'd do with you what I'd do with anyone - respect it and discuss that. But you don't. LOL that's all there is to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Or the Scarjo/Motoko Kusanagi example where Japanese people didn't see a problem, where the creator of Motoko himself didn't see the problem but sjws were trying to make it part of their white-washing campaign. Despite the fact that Scajo flat out looks like the character, they even went as far as to say 'it doesn't matter what the creator says'. Like dude, sit down and stfu.
And now what society needs as a whole is to take what you've said here and turn it into an operating model to crush these fools completely. Because right now the operating model is to pander to them. And it's being done out of fear of being scarlet lettered - not real support. And only the people deepest down that "belief well" don't know it.

Last edited by IMJ; 03-27-2021 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-27-2021, 10:33 AM   #98
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
LOL you don't trigger me, man. Holy $#!(...
shakes head God

You want to focus on me so tightly, but all that really means is that my points are more solid, poignant, and crushing you all to hell. HAHAHAHA Jesus. If you said something actually informed, wise or of valid life experienced (that I believed) I'd do with you what I'd do with anyone - respect it and discuss that. But you don't. LOL that's all there is to it.

And now what society needs as a whole is to take what you've said here and turn it into an operating model to crush these fools completely. Because right now the operating model is to pander to them. And it's being done out of fear of being scarlet lettered - not real support. And only the people deepest down that "belief well" don't know it.
Another thing I'm against is the LatinX crap. Just because, well.... white people... have problems with the gender-neutral words and pronouns we use, doesn't mean they have to 'do us a favor' and create weird new ways to make our pronouns gender-nuetral. We're fine with Latino and Latina. We don't need other people branding us with other names.

I consider any Latino/a openly using LatinX to describe themselves as ignorant stupid borderline race traitors for going along with what some other race is saying you should call yourself. The hell with that.

No. The super ****ing hell with that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 10:52 AM   #99
Sumac
Banned

It is similar to "womXn" crap, which Twitch attempted to use some time to "celebrate women" (or rather men who pretend to be women) sometime ago and caused backlash.
Old 03-27-2021, 11:43 AM   #100
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

WomXn? What is that even supposed to mean. Not even pronounceable. Think there are better ways to celebrate people without applying new terms or making up new words for everything.

edit: If it was intended for trans women, "womYn" for the chromosomes would at least have been more clever and able to be pronounced. Though making any such distinctions probably would have backlash any way you do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
respect it and discuss that.
But that "discussion" typically comes down to rejecting or clapping for other people's views. It's a pretty empty argument to call something "nonsense," yet offer no counter perspective of your own to support why it is supposedly nonsense. Your perspective... not why you think someone else holds the view you don't like.

Not sure you're aware, but you aren't the god of what opinions are "right."

And yeahhh...a person who can't look past posts with perspectives they don't agree with and impulsively (and compulsively?) always have to tell someone else that they're "wrong on the internet," isn't exactly acting not triggered.

Lets not forget that bit of amusingly inaccurate fan hate fiction who wrote about me a while ago. Dude... you already ruined any ability to tell me you aren't triggered at all.

Most of your posts I ignore. Sorry to say that doesn't mean you are/were right, imo. It means I generally don't care, don't tend to agree and typically ignore you in most cases unless you come at me first. Going back to ignoring you now because continuing this "argument" is stupid.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-27-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Tags
cancel culture