The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-29-2020, 01:50 PM   #3141
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
it's not scalpers that are buying them all, it's this CHC group....no one is listening
CHC group?

So next up after Splinter vs Baxter Stockman is Rat King and Vernon Fenwick? That is in February?
Old 12-29-2020, 02:16 PM   #3142
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
read my other post and I was being facetious
Sorry.... I didn't see the previous posts and context leading up to your first post on this page..... Now I understand completely.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 02:19 PM   #3143
SleepDrifter
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
CHC group?

So next up after Splinter vs Baxter Stockman is Rat King and Vernon Fenwick? That is in February?
Also unclear what the CHC group is... but yes Rat King and Vernon up next. We might see them as early as mid-January in some states if NECA remains flakey on sticking to a schedule.
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:00 PM   #3144
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Sorry.... I didn't see the previous posts and context leading up to your first post on this page..... Now I understand completely.
no worries its all good
Old 12-29-2020, 04:01 PM   #3145
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepDrifter View Post
Also unclear what the CHC group is... but yes Rat King and Vernon up next. We might see them as early as mid-January in some states if NECA remains flakey on sticking to a schedule.
"collectors helping collectors"....a group of idiots on twitter that go around and clear out the shelves
Old 12-29-2020, 04:45 PM   #3146
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
"collectors helping collectors"....a group of idiots on twitter that go around and clear out the shelves
That sounds great! Now it gets even harder to find these sets with both scalper and "collector" hoarding everything!

I am hoping they finish up the line in 2021 with the last characters below so I can move on from having to seek them.

Give me these in 2021 with the new reveals and I'm done:

Usagi Yojimbo
Mutagen Man
Scumbug
Groundchuk
Dirtbag
Wingnut
Irma
Rex1 Cop
Turtle Van
Turtle Sewer
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:55 PM   #3147
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
A large number of collectors vs limited supply is definitely part of the problem.
Quote:
As long as they are getting em to the collectors good deal I guess
Old 12-29-2020, 05:05 PM   #3148
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
That sounds great! Now it gets even harder to find these sets with both scalper and "collector" hoarding everything!

I am hoping they finish up the line in 2021 with the last characters below so I can move on from having to seek them.

Give me these in 2021 with the new reveals and I'm done:

Usagi Yojimbo
Mutagen Man
Scumbug
Groundchuk
Dirtbag
Wingnut
Irma
Rex1 Cop
Turtle Van
Turtle Sewer
I could do without a lot of those-would be a nice money savings.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:28 PM   #3149
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
You know what though? Just a knee-jerk reaction to this -

Alleged CHC doesn't actually help anything at all. Instead, it also drives up pricing artificially. Let's assume that there's no mark-up involved - you are still going to pay an inflated price that now covers the item, the tax Collector A paid, the shipping to Collector B, an extra paypal premium if you don't use F&F, and I'm sure there's a lot of "I'll throw you a few extra bucks for your time".

By comparison, if you buy what you need for your collection, or even in doubles or triples here or there for what you want, and leave the rest on the shelf then the distribution market will simply get these into the hands of collectors.

So "Collectors helping collectors" is a total fallacy probably like 98% of the time. The other 2% that is valid might be that you know a guy who broke his leg and can't leave his house because of health issue X,Y, Z and you honestly help him nab a figure or two.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:04 PM   #3150
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

To be honest I considered that when I was at Target and I was standing in front of 8 Baxter/Splinters. I was thinking who on here might not get one, but wondered if I would get stuck with the surplus I bought or use it to trade. It just surprised me that in 40 hours the other 7 were bought up. I know of only one other person offline who gets these and he is a casual fan ( my coworker is an odd combo of Transformers/Power Rangers) and does not get every one that is released.

As the bench deepens of characters in the line Ace Duck stands out because he was a toy not in the show. Yes, I know, I know, but I don't count that. I am please that we are getting the actual Punk Frogs, something I have wanted for two and a half decades. I never could remember the names of the specific Triceratons that appeared in that single episode, Night of The Dark Turtle and forgot they all were not orange. Its not Traxmius, Mozar, Zog, or Zandramon. The Triceraton Infantryman? A waste of mold! I hope the early release of duping the turtles and repairing or wasted character slots don't return because the yet to be released figures look VERY promising.

If there is any need for crossover between iterations its there. I am also curious if Razhar and Tokka will be made considering they are Wal-Mart exclusives related to Secret of The Ooze. Some of the artwork for the Neca releases has been from Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter, the episode in which they appeared in yet would it be considered a duplicate to collectors or released too soon from the other? With all the ones I wanted Rat King, Slash, Leatherhead, and The Punk Frogs I am happy with anything else, but I do hope those they were never figures but appeared in the cartoon will get a shot.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #3151
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I could do without a lot of those-would be a nice money savings.
Could maybe do without some of those too,but you know NECA is going to make them. Everything TMNT from them is hot and sells
Old 12-29-2020, 08:20 PM   #3152
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown View Post
so you're the owner of that! I've seen pictures of this around the web for some time and I love it! it's amazing piece!
Yup! That’s mine! Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
If you can explain to me how to put those pics up here I will share the work he has done for me as well. The Gen he done for me is absolutely amazing.
When posting there should be an icon that looks like a paperclip where you can upload pics or link to them if they are already online.

Quote:
That's a great wall! Big time love/respect for OA collections...
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
I just found the Splinter/Baxter pack in Nashville. It’s been showing up at all the targets here today I guess.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 11:41 PM   #3153
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Received the following e-mail from NECA today. I'm not too fussed, but that's quite the wait on Bebop & Rocksteady...

"Hello,

Thank you for your pre-order of one of our TMNT sets. We wanted to update you with our current status before the New Year.

Currently we are shipping out the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze - Tokka & Rahzar 2 Pack in waves, but other packs including the Metalhead, Casey & Raphael 2-Pack, & Super Shredder will be immediately following over the next few weeks. At this time, we do not know when any individual order will be shipped, but that all the orders will be shipped soon and we are confident that all the orders should be shipped between mid-January and February.

As you have heard in the media, there are currently shipping delays across the country. This is having an affect on both when we receive your items and when they are being picked up from our DC for transport to you. Due to the size of these shipments and the holidays, we are experiencing some delay in getting the waves shipped out and we are currently working on ways to mitigate this delay. Please be patient while your orders are in transit.

You will receive an e-mail notification with tracking when your order ships.

Please note that the follow pre-orders will not part of these waves of shipments and should be shipping at the following times:

Slash & Leatherhead 2-Pack - February 2021
TMNT 1990 Accessory Set - Q1 2021
Cartoon Diorama - Q1 2021
Rocksteady and Bebop 2-Pack - Q2 2021

Thank you for your patience,

N.E.C.A."
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 06:59 AM   #3154
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
Received the following e-mail from NECA today. I'm not too fussed, but that's quite the wait on Bebop & Rocksteady...

"Hello,

Thank you for your pre-order of one of our TMNT sets. We wanted to update you with our current status before the New Year.

Currently we are shipping out the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze - Tokka & Rahzar 2 Pack in waves, but other packs including the Metalhead, Casey & Raphael 2-Pack, & Super Shredder will be immediately following over the next few weeks. At this time, we do not know when any individual order will be shipped, but that all the orders will be shipped soon and we are confident that all the orders should be shipped between mid-January and February.

As you have heard in the media, there are currently shipping delays across the country. This is having an affect on both when we receive your items and when they are being picked up from our DC for transport to you. Due to the size of these shipments and the holidays, we are experiencing some delay in getting the waves shipped out and we are currently working on ways to mitigate this delay. Please be patient while your orders are in transit.

You will receive an e-mail notification with tracking when your order ships.

Please note that the follow pre-orders will not part of these waves of shipments and should be shipping at the following times:

Slash & Leatherhead 2-Pack - February 2021
TMNT 1990 Accessory Set - Q1 2021
Cartoon Diorama - Q1 2021
Rocksteady and Bebop 2-Pack - Q2 2021

Thank you for your patience,

N.E.C.A."
I feel like the shipping excuse should pertain to USPS, but if these are being shipped by FedEx, their shouldn't be an issue.....right?
Old 12-30-2020, 07:01 AM   #3155
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You know what though? Just a knee-jerk reaction to this -

Alleged CHC doesn't actually help anything at all. Instead, it also drives up pricing artificially. Let's assume that there's no mark-up involved - you are still going to pay an inflated price that now covers the item, the tax Collector A paid, the shipping to Collector B, an extra paypal premium if you don't use F&F, and I'm sure there's a lot of "I'll throw you a few extra bucks for your time".

By comparison, if you buy what you need for your collection, or even in doubles or triples here or there for what you want, and leave the rest on the shelf then the distribution market will simply get these into the hands of collectors.

So "Collectors helping collectors" is a total fallacy probably like 98% of the time. The other 2% that is valid might be that you know a guy who broke his leg and can't leave his house because of health issue X,Y, Z and you honestly help him nab a figure or two.
I'm glad someone finally agrees with me, and i never even thought about it this way
Old 12-30-2020, 08:24 AM   #3156
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I feel like the shipping excuse should pertain to USPS, but if these are being shipped by FedEx, their shouldn't be an issue.....right?
Wow,The delays are alot worse than I thought. I have to wait 2nd quarter of next year for my second R&B set?
Old 12-30-2020, 08:27 AM   #3157
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
One would think so... But I've had packages delayed (and even lost) several times this year, and FedEx and even UPS have been just as bad as USPS. I figure it's because, since USPS has been in such a widely-known state of unreliability/clusterf***ery this year, a lot of people that normally use them have moved to FedEx or UPS, so it's put a strain on them as well.
Old 12-30-2020, 09:03 AM   #3158
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
FedEx and UPS have been struggling with capacity limits in many areas, too. Thus they've been rejecting shipments and pushing additional capacity to an already-slammed USPS.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:35 AM   #3159
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyrc87 View Post
One would think so... But I've had packages delayed (and even lost) several times this year, and FedEx and even UPS have been just as bad as USPS. I figure it's because, since USPS has been in such a widely-known state of unreliability/clusterf***ery this year, a lot of people that normally use them have moved to FedEx or UPS, so it's put a strain on them as well.
yeah i only ship with UPS these days, haven't had and issue yet, fingers crossed
Old 12-30-2020, 01:50 PM   #3160
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
No since ups and fedex also hand off things to usps the last part of the journey sometimes.

I just had something in a fedex box delivery by my postman.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote