Mad Scientist

Full preview.
AlZarkovski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #22
Jeeves
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Apparrently I am cleared to say this... but I've been assisting Gary on this the whole time. Given many notes and he's been receptive on pretty much every one the entire time.

This is gonna be pretty cool, folks. And there's even a small injection of what Arseniy and I did into things. In a few ways. And one big way, to come.
That is really cool to hear. You gave him the respect of seeking his input when creating your conclusion, and now he's giving you the respect of seeking your input for his conclusion. I already had respect for the man, and this just adds to it. I'm still going to reserve judgement over which conclusion is the better until I can read all of this one.

Check out my first volume of poetry, Clarion Carcinogen: Poetry of a Wasted Youth.
Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:34 AM   #23
Ninjinister
無問題

Is that Eastman cover gonna be what happens to the doc?
Old 08-02-2020, 01:17 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

So did nobody read this issue? Its been out since Jul 23rd, surprised not to see this bumped with any reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Apparrently I am cleared to say this... but I've been assisting Gary on this the whole time. Given many notes and he's been receptive on pretty much every one the entire time.

This is gonna be pretty cool, folks. And there's even a small injection of what Arseniy and I did into things. In a few ways. And one big way, to come.
Leo's hand reminded me of what you did in your Image conclusion, so I can see the connection.

Great issue overall, I can see things are heading back to a clean slate with Mirage continuity, and I'm glad we see all the big villains together (Warlord Komodo, Lady Shredder, the Komodo dragon mutant, and Cheng), all for the finale.

I suspect they'll be a lot of deaths in the next issue since we don't see any of these characters show up in Mirage, so I'm interested to see how it goes. Only character MIA is Leatherhead, but I guess it's not too big a deal knowing what he goes through in Tales V. 2 and in Volume 4.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 01:26 PM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So did nobody read this issue? Its been out since Jul 23rd, surprised not to see this bumped with any reviews.
I read it, but it just felt... anticlimactic? About the only thing that felt surprising was Cheng and Splinter.

It wasn't bad. I just think it was kind of the necessary bridge between #24's "Hey, here we go! Let's get $hit going!" and #26's "balls to the walls conclusion."

Also, it seems safe to assume that Leatherhead and the Triceratons aren't gonna feature. Which is okay.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

Weren't all the Triceratons dead? Leatherhead was probably just transported somewhere else on Earth.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:31 PM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I don't think so. But it's been awhile since I read the original 23 issues.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:13 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

There was also the gangsters thinking about getting Shadow back again, but that stuff can just be overlooked.

I'm curious though how they handle the villains since as we know, they don't appear in Vol. 4. Next issue might be a massacre or bloodbath. King Komodo, Chen, Lady Shredder and the Komodo Dragon mutant might all die.

I'm not sure where Dr. X will go, I guess zoom off to find Leatherhead so he can teleport back to the Utroms.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM   #29
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There was also the gangsters thinking about getting Shadow back again, but that stuff can just be overlooked.

I'm curious though how they handle the villains since as we know, they don't appear in Vol. 4. Next issue might be a massacre or bloodbath. King Komodo, Chen, Lady Shredder and the Komodo Dragon mutant might all die.

I'm not sure where Dr. X will go, I guess zoom off to find Leatherhead so he can teleport back to the Utroms.
Heck, there's no reason Issue #26 has to wrap everything up in a neat little bow. It could even serve as the launching point to a new parallel, unrelated ongoing continuing on from Issue #26. Volume 3.5, as it were.

Now, it probably WON'T. But it COULD.

Tags
image, urban legends