The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-19-2018, 07:29 AM   #41
ChosenOne
Banned

Oh, man... Splinter's vision of the future... Even if that ends up just a discarded possible timeline like the one from Turtles in Time #4, is it weird that I want to know more about it? IDW could have sooo much fun with "What if?" scenarios... At least let the Turtles wear those spiffy costumes for real at some point.

Great issue, for the 89th time!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:06 AM   #42
Igglet

HA, I told you all Splinter would behead someone.

He beheaded my heart.

I can't think of a better issue to end off this year.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #43
neatoman
Emperor

Rat Santa is best Santa.

Ok, I actually liked this issue but it does feel a little out of place as part of the main series. A retelling of Christmas Carol seems more like something would be more appropriate as a one-shot special. I know Universe got canned so this story had to be put somewhere, so I guess I'll let this slide. At least has some foreshadowing.

And like with most Christmas Carol retellings, it makes me wonder if the book even exists in this world.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:18 PM   #44
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

I didn't think Alopex could remove her mask after it stopped being face paint and started being blue spirit goo. And/Or mythical fox blood.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:23 PM   #45
ChosenOne
Banned

Something I've just noticed: why wasn't April in the final scene? Harold and his wife I can understand, and the Mutanimals even more so, but she seems like a glaring omission. And has she met Jennika yet? There's bound to be at least some animosity there.

(Splinter inviting Stockman over to the Foot HQ for a Christmas party would've been hilarious, though!)
Old 12-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #46
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

That was great.

Now please, somebody, give me a "Days of Future Past" Turtles story where those future Turtles have to fight the (ahem) future leader of the Foot Clan!!!
Old 12-19-2018, 01:00 PM   #47
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Something I've just noticed: why wasn't April in the final scene? Harold and his wife I can understand, and the Mutanimals even more so, but she seems like a glaring omission. And has she met Jennika yet? There's bound to be at least some animosity there.

(Splinter inviting Stockman over to the Foot HQ for a Christmas party would've been hilarious, though!)
Oh, we've got April covered, my friend. She's with her mom and dad, as she should be!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 11.59.35 AM.jpg (21.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 12.02.06 PM.jpg (21.9 KB, 16 views)
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:04 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ghost Saki and Splinter lying dead at the hands of his sons are the two standout scenes of this issue.

Also the implications that Splinter eventually attacked/killed the Mutanimals and Casey/Jenny, etc.

Let's hope our Splinter never turns into that. Also I do like the fact that the Pantheon are not actually shown to be evil, it's really only Rat King and Kitsune who are the troublemakers, if the Turtles manage to stop those two bad seeds the rest of the Pantheon probably would never bother them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:14 PM   #49
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
Oh, we've got April covered, my friend. She's with her mom and dad, as she should be!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
My bad! I was so eager to see what was in store for Splinter that I sort of skimmed over that page, as I did with the others that had already been shown in the previews. I'd still like to see April meeting Jenny, though!

This thread is probably the most appropriate place to do this, all things considered, so... Merry Christmas to you, to Bobby, and to the rest of the IDW crew and all of your loved ones! Thanks for making our TMNT dreams come true year-round!

Last edited by ChosenOne; 12-19-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #50
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Thank you Tom, Bobby, all the wonderfull artists and Peter & Kevin for making the best TMNT series ever!!! To a merry Christmas and a new year of amazing stories in our favourite Cowabunga universe!!!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

I was thinking this issue felt really short, then I realized I was too used to the Macro's being 40 pages that I forgot what a regular 20 page issue was like. Man, I think we got spoiled with the 40 page micros, imagine if every issue was that length?
Old 12-19-2018, 06:49 PM   #52
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ha. Called it on Aka and Gothano.

It was pretty much as I expected too. Pretty sure she's me thing in that future is going to come true, though
Old 12-19-2018, 09:11 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

Really hope it doesn't come true, besides the fact that it's a depressing ending for Splinter, the fact that Splinter actually now foresaw what could be his future and do nothing to change that would be absurd...and he already did try to change it in this very issue with the Christmas party.

If Splinter is to die by issue 100 it will hopefully be protecting his sons against either the return of Shredder or the Pantheon or whatever.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:25 PM   #54
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Really hope it doesn't come true, besides the fact that it's a depressing ending for Splinter, the fact that Splinter actually now foresaw what could be his future and do nothing to change that would be absurd...and he already did try to change it in this very issue with the Christmas party.
That usually means diddly-squat when it comes to prophecies. In fact, the harder you try to avoid them, the harder you seal your fate.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:50 PM   #55
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

If Splinter is to die by issue 100 it will hopefully be protecting his sons against either the return of Shredder or the Pantheon or whatever.
I agree that Splinter should try to change his outlook now that he saw what could happen. But that does bring up some interesting possibilities for the future. And this is just me thinking here, but maybe Splinter, as a result of the happenings in this issue, does make amends with his sons, but doesn't step down as Jonin. Instead maybe he tries to take the Foot in a different, more positive direction. But Karai, thinking the Turtles are gonna help her remove Splinter as Jonin, now finds herself in direct conflict with the Turtles who have changed their thoughts from what they said in the Leo Macro. And thus sews the seeds for City at War.

I realize this is a little far-fetched, but you never know.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:48 AM   #56
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
I didn't think Alopex could remove her mask after it stopped being face paint and started being blue spirit goo. And/Or mythical fox blood.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:24 AM   #57
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Nice issue! Love the art. I'm kinda surprised Raph and Don just abandoned Mike to be sad instead of inviting their friends, but whatever. I also found it funny that Splinter changes his tune and then sends his Foot goons to track down everyone and force them to celebrate with him. Oh well ... his heart was in the right place, I guess...
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:28 PM   #58
oldmanwinters
Overlord

In the letters page, Bobby wrote "there's no plans at the moment to conclude TMNT Adventures, but it's still something that I'd like to see happen. Maybe in 2020, once we get everything we've got planned for next year under wraps."

Woo, yes, make it happen in 2020!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:06 PM   #59
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post

Talk soon...

Tom W.
sorry Tom I don't agree.

The TMNT=Family
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 03:58 AM   #60
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
sorry Tom I don't agree.

The TMNT=Family
But mom and dad also = family.