The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 05:37 PM   #521
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Then people can stop crying about a show they don't even watch. What's the goal with that anyway?
The "goal" is to let the Powers-That-Be know in no uncertain terms how and to what degree they f*cked up, so that they can - in theory - correct and do better next time.

I mean, it rarely works, because they all have the same attitude of, "Well if you nerds knew anything then YOU'D be making these shows and not me, wouldn't you?", but in theory, if they don't know what's wrong they can never do better.

"It's not for you, so don't watch it" is horse sh*t. Every fan of any property has a voice, and if they don't feel represented they have every right to say, "I'm not happy with what you've given me, but THIS is what I'd be interested in." If you don't ask, you never get. If you wait passively on the sidelines for someone to come ASK you what you want, you'll be waiting forever.

I know a lot of people are infuriated about this show existing when someone could, in theory, actually be putting the resources towards an actual Batman show, and that's absolutely valid. Hopefully, if/when they get to that point, it won't be the same people responsible for this show.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:45 PM   #522
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Batman should have been on the CW shows already but instead we are getting probably sjw batwoman instead
Old 10-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #523
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The "goal" is to let the Powers-That-Be know in no uncertain terms how and to what degree they f*cked up, so that they can - in theory - correct and do better next time.

I mean, it rarely works, because they all have the same attitude of, "Well if you nerds knew anything then YOU'D be making these shows and not me, wouldn't you?", but in theory, if they don't know what's wrong they can never do better.

"It's not for you, so don't watch it" is horse sh*t. Every fan of any property has a voice, and if they don't feel represented they have every right to say, "I'm not happy with what you've given me, but THIS is what I'd be interested in." If you don't ask, you never get. If you wait passively on the sidelines for someone to come ASK you what you want, you'll be waiting forever.

I know a lot of people are infuriated about this show existing when someone could, in theory, actually be putting the resources towards an actual Batman show, and that's absolutely valid. Hopefully, if/when they get to that point, it won't be the same people responsible for this show.
I don't mind admitting Gotham's flaws although unfortunately, I probably don't notice many of them since I'm not a hardcore Batman fan like the ones the show seems to tick off. The show did start off interesting, and I've just been curious to see how it all plays out. However, even if I flat-out hated the show (or any show or anyTHING for that matter), I don't see the point in bringing things down for others. We get it. It's not your thing.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:13 PM   #524
Leo656
The Franchise

Ahhh, the old "Don't harsh my buzz" refrain. Also, sadly, horse sh*t.

My whole life I've had people telling me that most things I like are garbage, often to my face. I'm then told to either A. Get thicker skin, or B. Forfeit my own opinions and simply like what everyone else likes, because "obviously Consensus is Always Correct."

I am "not allowed" to use the "Don't harsh my buzz" reply, because the things I like are not popular. Thus, my opinions are invalid anyway, and I'm to be ignored for not liking what everyone else likes, because "clearly" I'm an idiot, rather than someone who thinks for themselves.

SO, since it's selective as f*ck, I dismiss the "Don't harsh my buzz" defense, and will turn it around on those people and advise them to "get thicker skin". If a person is okay with sharing their opinions openly in a public forum, they'd best be okay with the fact that some people are going to publicly disagree with them, and they might even give reasons why.

That's supposed to be okay. It's not - everyone really wants an echo chamber rather than any real discussion - but it's supposed to be.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:23 PM   #525
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Ahhh, the old "Don't harsh my buzz" refrain. Also, sadly, horse sh*t.

My whole life I've had people telling me that most things I like are garbage, often to my face.
Who hasn't? When one person does it to me just once, I accept it and just move on. It's when one person keeps beating me over the head with it as though I didn't get the point the first time that I might tell them to f*ck off.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #526
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, that's understandable. I agree, at some point if a person is merely repeating themselves it may be best to either figure out something new to say, or drop the conversation altogether.

They don't HAVE to, is all I'm saying. But I hear you.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:28 AM   #527
Sumac
Banned

This version of Bane looks like extremely cheap villain from the middle of the 80-s.
What with the horrid padded jacket? And why does he have plate made from motherboard on his chest?

Eugh.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:48 AM   #528
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Ban looks absolutely ridiculous, I guess it's a early prototype of how the Venom is injected into him? Like, I wouldn't mind a villain looking that hilarious, but why do it to Bane. Poor dude just can't catch a break in live-action despite being one of the easier designs to translate; luchadore with some hoses.

But it'll probably be a fun arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Batman should have been on the CW shows already but instead we are getting probably sjw batwoman instead
Isn't it superfluous to call Batwoman "saw Batwoman", I mean, the very nature of Suoerheros are social justice. It's like calling a bo for "bo staff".
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #529
Sumac
Banned

Disingenuous argument.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:49 AM   #530
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Yes, the show is Goth Ham. It is out of its way to enforce the dark aspect and hammy in execution.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 10-23-2018 at 08:52 AM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:50 AM   #531
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

That's a pretty crappy looking Bane.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #532
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post

Isn't it superfluous to call Batwoman "saw Batwoman", I mean, the very nature of Suoerheros are social justice. It's like calling a bo for "bo staff".
no cause Superheros don't whine on twitter about everything that offends them and causing arguments if you don't agree with them like SJW's do
Old 10-30-2018, 05:26 AM   #533
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/10...iere-date-fox/

The show Batfans love to hate got a 2 episode expansion to 12 episodes while it debuts on January 12th.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:25 PM   #534
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/10...iere-date-fox/

The show Batfans love to hate got a 2 episode expansion to 12 episodes while it debuts on January 12th.
January 3rd actually. So it'll still be showing on Thursdays.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:22 AM   #535
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
January 3rd actually. So it'll still be showing on Thursdays.
Nust going by what the article originally said.

This season is going to fill a bit cramped.
Old 12-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #536
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Season 5 full trailer.

Selena was killed and brought back by Hugo Strange? I must have missed something...

I know Riddler and Leslie Thomkins killed each other and are dusted off by Hugo, but Selina?
Old 12-22-2018, 11:21 PM   #537
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Yeah, Hugo's a busy guy. Twisted, but at least he knows how to keep himself occupied. Happy to sse we'll be getting two more episodes before it all ends. I love this show's versions of Cobblepot and Nigma. Selina, too. And probably my favorite LA Joker to date.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:31 PM   #538
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Watched the fourth season of gotham and had a blast, it gets so many characters right, some not so much and other not but overall I think it has a better track record than other batman media. Not all their story arcs are winners but at least they don't drag one long ass story arc for 22 episodes like the CW shows. I like that the status quo changes and while it has become smallville in the sense that all these things that shouldn't happen without Batman have already happened I can live with that. The show definitely had a lot of potential for more seasons but let's see how the final season will fare to give it a send off.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:59 AM   #539
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.cbr.com/gotham-bane-origin-nyssa-al-ghul/

Bane is eternally a lackey in other media. Its hard for fans to see him past one trick pony and a huge not just physical threat if a woman is behind him over and over again. In the comics after the overly long Knightfall Saga there was Bane of the Demon then he thought he was Bruce Wayne's half-brother thrn had a stint in The Secret Six. I doubt Tom King can help Bane. It's just too many times someone else is behind him. Not against Bane, just cannot understand his threat level.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:14 AM   #540
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://www.cbr.com/gotham-bane-origin-nyssa-al-ghul/

Bane is eternally a lackey in other media. Its hard for fans to see him past one trick pony and a huge not just physical threat if a woman is behind him over and over again. In the comics after the overly long Knightfall Saga there was Bane of the Demon then he thought he was Bruce Wayne's half-brother thrn had a stint in The Secret Six. I doubt Tom King can help Bane. It's just too many times someone else is behind him. Not against Bane, just cannot understand his threat level.
Hello, what about the 10 issue "Bane: Conquest" maxi-series written and drawn by his creators that just came out? It served to yank him out of that funk.

And who cares what Tom King can do?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuckfall, cuckham, cuckmissioner gordon, god i love being a sjw, got ham