The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 01-18-2019, 06:38 AM   #61
Vegita-San
Emperor

i'd rather see some board organization than an upgrade at this point.

for example, I Think that we can combine certain areas into one section. TMNT Merchandise can be all one area. you don't need separate sections for games and toys anymore.

Eliminate some of the lesser used areas. Make Fan art one whole section.
get rid of some general section areas like video games...collectibles, art and music, and forum games.

stuff like tmnt merchandise, fan art, and 'everything else' should be under one tab to make it look a little more organized. if things where condensed a little more, it might make it less confusing for newer people. and other areas would get more traction that might be forgotten about.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:13 AM   #62
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I'm happy we have the drome at all and am content using it how it is.
Only on a couple of occasions have wanted to use a 'like' feature, save wasting space replying just cause you liked a comment, that being said the downside is it may discourage actual discussion and also can be used for liking jerky posts.
I don't feel a personal need to link here to social media to here either.
Agreed. The drome is perfect the way it is imo.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:52 PM   #63
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Agreed. The drome is perfect the way it is imo.
Me too. I'd rather have a comment saying why someone liked a post, then have several 'likes' that wouldn't really add any substance at all. At least with a reply you can sometimes find something in it (even a misinformed opinion!) to keep the conversation rolling, but with 'likes' there isn't anything to comment on, only knowing that just some people like it.

Also I've seen conversations drop on other forums once the 'like' system is installed. No longer is a particular opinion debated or changed through long detailed posts by a bunch of other people, the person only sees a bunch of likes on 'popular' posts and not his own, and stops bothering to try arguing his point because by now it's a popularity contest.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:55 AM   #64
Vegita-San
Emperor

sometimes a post is so basic, it doens't need a response, but a like will do. so, I can see the appeal of that. but, yeah. likes might actually cut down on conversation a bit and make this place even more desolate.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:40 AM   #65
Leo656
The Franchise

I've had many private conversations with people here in which they've confided in me that they actively avoid posting because they don't want to be attacked or shouted down. As I've said elsewhere, "Let People Enjoy Things" is only a mantra in this place when the majority of people agree with you. Otherwise it's a dogpile.

Likes or Votes or whatever would only make things even worse. Me, I always know that whatever I say is going to be the polar opposite of 99% of the people here, whether it's about politics or Crunchy vs. Puffy Cheeze Doodles, but some people don't take the casual hostility that passes for "normal" around here very well at all. I know this because they tell me often.

There's already a lot of social-climbing and circle-jerking going on that makes people stifle themselves more than they should. We don't need anything to add to it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:26 AM   #66
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I've had many private conversations with people here in which they've confided in me that they actively avoid posting because they don't want to be attacked or shouted down. As I've said elsewhere, "Let People Enjoy Things" is only a mantra in this place when the majority of people agree with you. Otherwise it's a dogpile.

Likes or Votes or whatever would only make things even worse. Me, I always know that whatever I say is going to be the polar opposite of 99% of the people here, whether it's about politics or Crunchy vs. Puffy Cheeze Doodles, but some people don't take the casual hostility that passes for "normal" around here very well at all. I know this because they tell me often.

There's already a lot of social-climbing and circle-jerking going on that makes people stifle themselves more than they should. We don't need anything to add to it.
Or worse. Upvotes and downvotes like in reddit. If your post on a reddit thread gets downvoted it will go to the bottom of them page and people will have to click on it in order to view it. You'd think it's a good mechanism to silence trolls... but people use the feature in order to simply downvote people they disagree with.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #67
Leo656
The Franchise

Now I understand why some want this to be a feature. Especially whenever I show up again.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:12 AM   #68
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, sometimes I wish I could give someone thumbs up, but agree that having an up/down vote system is inviting abuse of it. Where anything along those lines ever a thing, I'd much rather simply a kudos points system (TMNT themed of course) than a vote system with two options.

That said, the forum is fine the way it is imo, and having an older computer and browser it's an appreciated lighter load than so many sites these days that are bogged down with so much nonsense that make them slow loading.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote