The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-06-2024, 11:47 AM   #281
hypered1
Mad Scientist

So this is interesting; the paperback editions of the IDW collection are starting to release more frequently and Vol.5 is slated for this November, three months after Vol.4:

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...7245040&sr=8-1
Old 02-06-2024, 12:14 PM   #282
j3h
Hench Mutant

With the series going to be relaunching, it makes sense to get out the softcovers quicker to coincide with the hype. Hopefully the last remaining hardcovers go back to releasing 6 months apart to wrap up this run.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 03:54 PM   #283
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
With the series going to be relaunching, it makes sense to get out the softcovers quicker to coincide with the hype. Hopefully the last remaining hardcovers go back to releasing 6 months apart to wrap up this run.
I'd say that there's a strong possibility of this, particularly as we're already sort of getting two volumes this year if you include the Sourcebook HC.
Old 02-20-2024, 12:28 AM   #284
AwakeTea
Random Punk

I'm happy to see the paperback editions are being released frequently. It's my favorite way to read the series.
AwakeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #285
CyberCubed
Overlord

So for the main IDW collections, I'm conflicted between getting the hardcovers or the new paperbacks. I know the paperbacks are way behind as they only recently started them, but I'm curious about the "weight." Since the hardcovers are heavy, does it get tiring holding them in your hands while reading especially due to the number of pages? Also it seems like the paperbacks are much cheaper despite having the same amount of content.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM   #286
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So for the main IDW collections, I'm conflicted between getting the hardcovers or the new paperbacks. I know the paperbacks are way behind as they only recently started them, but I'm curious about the "weight." Since the hardcovers are heavy, does it get tiring holding them in your hands while reading especially due to the number of pages? Also it seems like the paperbacks are much cheaper despite having the same amount of content.
The paperbacks are somewhat smaller and lighter but this does mean that the pictures are also smaller. Best bet would be to compare them in person at a bookstore that carries them.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM   #287
TurtleGurkle
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I prefer paperbacks in general but the IDW HCs aren't super-thick like an Omnibus so they aren't too bad to hold for long. If I were starting now though I'd probably go paperback.
TurtleGurkle is offline   Reply With Quote