The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-18-2022, 11:58 AM   #21
TylerD
Random Punk

Honestly, some of the comedy could be pretty funny. I am just watching it now with my 3 year old son, and I find myself laughing at certain parts. Overall it's definitely not my cup of tea for Ninja Turtles, but I do laugh from time to time so I appreciate that a bit.
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 12:15 PM   #22
TylerD
Random Punk

Honestly, some of the comedy could be pretty funny. I am just watching it now with my 3 year old son, and I find myself laughing at certain parts. Overall it's definitely not my cup of tea for Ninja Turtles, but I do laugh from time to time so I appreciate that a bit.
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 02:44 PM   #23
Noxonius
Random Punk

I do like the visual style, I think they did a great job on that. It's very vibrant and comic-esque, I really dig it.

However, I feel like it was a bit too early for another TMNT cartoon. Which is probably what killed it. People just barely got off Nick TMNT and I would argue that many were ''burned out'' at that point, myself included. Also it is becoming increasingly difficult to come up with good ideas for new series.
Noxonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:02 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

The show probably would have worked better as 5 minute shorts than a regular series, similar to those other TMNT shorts.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:05 AM   #25
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Said it before and I'll say it again - this series has some fantastic villains, on a par with the creativity seen in the original Fred Wolf show and Playmates toyline. Some of the Rise baddies could easily fit into past or future TMNT shows without a problem! Meat Sweats, Hypno-potamus for example.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM   #26
Galactus
Foot Elite

I only watched three episodes and decided the show just wasn't for me. I'll probably give it another shot one day but right now I can't say there was anything that I stood out to me as something I would appreciate.

I will say that while other 'bad' versions of TMNT have a few defenders here and there they are generally of the type of that argue 'c'mon guys it's not that bad' but Rise seems to have garnered a very small but passionate fan base that sincerely think it's a worthy addition to franchise. It's probably well made for what it is...even if what it is isn't something I think should have ever been made.

Last edited by Galactus; 06-08-2022 at 07:30 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 01:17 AM   #27
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

Mikey isn’t a mental vegetable
Shredder is an absolute beast
The hints at Krang actually being an alien and it’s story being passed down as a figure of myth, brilliant.
Raph isn’t a lil bitch for once
Animation, stellar all around and only got better as it went

Rise isn’t some misunderstood masterpiece, but there’s a lot to like and it had potential.
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:41 AM   #28
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Great animation, cool characters. Shame there was a lot of mystical thing
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:39 PM   #29
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Bullsh*t, I watched the first episode. That was all I needed to see.

I'm under zero obligation to waste precious moments out of my life to "give things a chance" if what I've already seen makes me want to hurl. People who proclaim that sh*t are constantly moving the goalposts back anyway. "You only watched three episodes, that isn't fair!" "You only watched half the season!" "You only watched the entire season but didn't read the supplementary material on the website!" And so on and so forth. To them, if you didn't like something, you "didn't REALLY give it a chance".

I f*cking hate black licorice. I knew that after the very first time I tried it; It was not required that I try it an arbitrary number of times before I was "allowed" not to like it. It tasted like sh*t so I spit it out and never put it in my mouth again. That's completely allowed, mockerfuther.

Same with this show. As a hard rule, I don't like "goofy" TMNT in the first place. This was the goofiest TMNT stuff since Turtle Tunes, so I immediately "noped" it and never looked back. That was me "giving it a chance".

If other people like it, then fine. I've realized in recent years that I'm not "really" much of a TMNT fan in the first place, since I've only liked about three versions and hated everything else, but that's just the way it is. I'm fine not having this show in my life, I don't feel like I missed out on anything substantial as I have tons of other things fighting for my attention at any given moment. Things that DON'T make me feel stupider for having watched them.

But yeah, I watched it once. I somehow doubt there was a ton of nuance and depth I missed out on.
Did you see any clips of the show's better animated action scenes? Are you willing to at least acknowledge that it had some good animation at times?
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:11 PM   #30
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

When it first aired, I tried watching and felt like I was going to have a seizure during the intro. Watched a few episodes and thought it was for dumb stupid babies. I adamantly said to myself that this is NOT my turtles. Then last week I came home with a good buzz and decided to try it again and now I think it’s pretty awesome. The boys are actually funny as sh*t in this show. They all play off each other in brotherly way that seams so natural. I can’t remember LOLing at a turtle show as much as I have with this one. Donatello is freakin hilarious. “Michael” isn’t over the top annoyingly funny. “Leon” has a sarcastic gotcha type of humor that is subtle. Raphie is a gentle beast and his gung ho positive attitude towards situations is way better than the hot head, I’m hard attitude that he usually has.
It’s not for everyone and that’s cool. It definitely has some episodes that are kinda out there. But I’m really happy I gave it another shot. Hopefully they add the 2nd season to Netflix and now I’m looking forward to the movie.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:30 PM   #31
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
When it first aired, I tried watching and felt like I was going to have a seizure during the intro. Watched a few episodes and thought it was for dumb stupid babies. I adamantly said to myself that this is NOT my turtles. Then last week I came home with a good buzz and decided to try it again and now I think it’s pretty awesome. The boys are actually funny as sh*t in this show. They all play off each other in brotherly way that seams so natural. I can’t remember LOLing at a turtle show as much as I have with this one. Donatello is freakin hilarious. “Michael” isn’t over the top annoyingly funny. “Leon” has a sarcastic gotcha type of humor that is subtle. Raphie is a gentle beast and his gung ho positive attitude towards situations is way better than the hot head, I’m hard attitude that he usually has.
It’s not for everyone and that’s cool. It definitely has some episodes that are kinda out there. But I’m really happy I gave it another shot. Hopefully they add the 2nd season to Netflix and now I’m looking forward to the movie.
I've been seeing more & more posts like this across turtle groups online, & it makes me happy. It's never gonna be everyone's cup of tea, but it deserves to be humored for its own merits. Glad some of y'all have given it a second chance.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:46 PM   #32
Stu_Padasso
Foot Soldier

Rise almost seems like it started off as a different show that couldn’t get green-lit so they gave it a TMNT coat of paint to sell it to Nickelodeon.

Although that scene where all those Showtime Pizza/Chucky Cheese robots committed mass suicide in response to the turtles music got a good laugh out of me.
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:57 PM   #33
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I've been seeing more & more posts like this across turtle groups online, & it makes me happy. It's never gonna be everyone's cup of tea, but it deserves to be humored for its own merits. Glad some of y'all have given it a second chance.
Same here. I enjoyed Rise, it made me happy as a Turtle fan and I'm glad to see it getting praise from more people. I thought I'd be one of the very few that liked it, turns out that might not totally be the case.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:37 PM   #34
serpentnight
Random Punk

I don't have anything bad to say about it in general but it's difficult to get through for me because the rapid fire style of Teen Titans Go! style satire is something I personally deal with best in increments so its not the kind of series I can sit down and binge watch. I'd do a couple of episodes, give it a couple of days and come back.
serpentnight is offline   Reply With Quote