The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #1341
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Stupid Bears losing to the stupid Bills.
After watching the Falcons game I realize they really misused Hester over the years. He didn't have one catch for them last year and in one game he has 5 for 99 yards with the Falcons. I know they have the Amazing Tandem of Julio and Roddy but the bears have Marshall and Jeffrey
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #1342
pandaderek
Hench Mutant

Go to the movie theater to watch the Mayweather fight. The thing that Maidana has, that many other fighters don't, is that he has experienced the way Mayweather fights...the surprise and frustration from trying to deal with Mayweather's great elusiveness, shouldn't be a surprise and should be anticipated. So, hopefully, he can adjust to it. But, I still see Mayweather winning by scorecard because he's great at avoiding punches and throwing enough.

But, Pacquiao would knock down Mayweather. Especially, now, that Pacquiao is out of politics and is focusing on fighting.
pandaderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #1343
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Tnf

Thursday night football, who's watchin?
Old 09-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #1344
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

damn

anybody else watching Atlanta massacre the buccaneers ?
Old 09-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #1345
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

mma fans

this Bellator card has been insane tonight. ANybody else here watching? Best one so far this "season"
Old 09-27-2014, 01:54 AM   #1346
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaderek View Post
Go to the movie theater to watch the Mayweather fight. The thing that Maidana has, that many other fighters don't, is that he has experienced the way Mayweather fights...the surprise and frustration from trying to deal with Mayweather's great elusiveness, shouldn't be a surprise and should be anticipated. So, hopefully, he can adjust to it. But, I still see Mayweather winning by scorecard because he's great at avoiding punches and throwing enough.

But, Pacquiao would knock down Mayweather. Especially, now, that Pacquiao is out of politics and is focusing on fighting.
The thing that Pacquiao doesn't know how to deal with is guys that counter and have the speed and reach that Mayweather had. Mayweather trounced Marquez while Manny was ko'd by him due to going in for the kill.
It would be a great fight, but I feel that Floyd would merely punch, slip and clinch to win.
As for Maidana he did what he could, but ultimately Mayweather built up a lead and just survived the last 2 rounds. Maidana was able to hit him effectively and hurt him, but Mayweather's defense and clean punching won out. The rest of the card was pretty bad. El perro getting owned, Santa Cruz with a 1 punch ko (that was pretty great) and Mickey Bey winning a title in the most non-convincing fashion ever.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:10 PM   #1347
LadyTMNT
Thug

I'm going to the Dolphins@Jaguars game this weekend... being a DOLPHINS fan here, gonna watch'em kick scaredy cat butt.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #1348
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^ Good for the Dolphins.
Bears suck so hard this season (and last season) I can't watch them without getting started and frustrated.
Bulls on the other hand have been beasting. Even with their extremely frail MVP getting injured every time he plays.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #1349
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

wow

just saw a preview of one of the entrances of the Bellator event tomorrow night on spike it's bada$$ has that big show vibe from when mma first started. I miss that. I could watch for the entrances alone.

as for football I'm a browns fan for the season. Mike smith doesn't know how to coach a team, the bills let me down, the browns are my last underdog team that can make it!
Old 01-06-2015, 11:45 PM   #1350
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Is it just me or is this like the saddest sports thread ever?
ANyway NFL playoffs should be interesting, while the Bulls of the NBA are looking pretty damn awesome.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:44 AM   #1351
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

nope

I agree. I mean Pro wrestling has his own thread and every sport grouped into One can't even get frequent talk
Old 01-12-2015, 11:34 AM   #1352
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician

That rotten call against the Dallas Cowboys gave the Packers the move to the NFC Championship!

It reminded me of the 1979 AFC Championship when the (then) Houston Oilers were robbed, causing the (Devil Team) Steelers to go on to the Super Bowl.
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #1353
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

oh certainly !

Dez MADE that catch! it was ridiculous. I'm not calling fix but there was a catch by a packers player earlier where you see the ball bounce off the ground and into the receivers arms and it stood. Also as the game went on the flags were almost all in the packers favor
Old 01-16-2015, 04:20 PM   #1354
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Bellator tonight

should be good. on spike
Old 01-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #1355
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

That was pretty bogus. I hope the seahawks annihilate the Packers. I am hoping that Luck and the Colts win it all but my gut says Seahawks are going all the way again.
Also Deontay Wilder is the first American World Heavyweight Champion since 2006 so there's that. Klitscho would kill him tho, IMO

Last edited by shuriken; 01-18-2015 at 02:19 PM.
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #1356
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Somehow I think the Packers have this all to lose now...

EDIT: Famous last words :p

Last edited by Mayhem; 01-18-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:36 PM   #1357
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^WOOO Bulls beat the best in the West. Now they'll lose against the Lakers
Hell of a game. I hope that these 2 meet in the finals this year.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:18 AM   #1358
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetello View Post
^^^^^^ Well I'm a huge football fan (European football) but I know most people on here don't care about the sport so don't even see the point in posting. I mean there were a few pages aboout the recent World Cup and - having looked back to 2010 in this thread - not much debate about South Africa either. One guy even said football would be better if there was no offside rule again - a crazy statement for the reasons which another poster presented in response.

There are only a few football/soccer fans on here - myself and some of the other Europeans e.g. Prowler and the German posters. There are a few North Americans who enjoy the sport but they seem very much in the minority on here.

I'd like to talk about European football but on an American site I might as well be talking a foreign language. It's like trying to talk about NFL on a British soccer forum - the interest will be minimal. I think a lot of the Europeans are sports fans but since it is predominantly football/soccer you never see them post.
I used to watch ice hockey and soccer. Ice hockey was my favorite sport, then came soccer. Now it's the opposite way. All these commercials, TV timeouts and powerbreaks have totally ruined the ice hockey games. Soccer doesn't have that, thankfully (at least not yet), just some commercials in the ordinary breaks during the game. (the only thing I hate with soccer is divings and the leading team playing passive at the end of the games)

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-29-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:44 PM   #1359
lindz247
Foot Soldier

I don't watch sports a lot but will always love duke. I like the seahawks and wolfpack too.
Idk if this thread is about just watching sports but I do like playing volleyball. Sucks I missed tryouts. :(

Michelangelo ~ He's one of a kind
lindz247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:25 PM   #1360
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^ I didn't make the Volleyball team in my High School so I did track and field instead. We had this running joke that our Track team was composed of guys that didn't make it in any other sport. I loved it though, I was so happy winning my first race, it's crazy when you first start out, everyone you are competing against is soo much better, and if you're in a 200 meter track running like a mile or 2 mile you will be lapped.
I did Cross Country too and that was more fun IMO. I still run but not competitively and play basketball on occasion. I don't really like playing any other sports but I do like watching Football and soccer every once in a while.