The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 07:29 PM   #21
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I can see a TMNT game having some puzzle & mystery solving components between combat. Maybe there could be something like Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, in the way it handles multiplayer to engage levels of the game (which still work in a single player mode)
Old 01-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #22
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Another reason to go the Arkham route, pick and choose the best things from every incarnation and create something new.
Again to do something like those Batman games would be costly. No developer wishes currently to spend that kind of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
Either that or just make a proper idw based game since it more or less references everything.
It's still IDW so it's still only going to appeal to fans of one iteration of TMNT.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:40 PM   #23
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Again to do something like those Batman games would be costly. No developer wishes currently to spend that kind of money.

It's still IDW so it's still only going to appeal to fans of one iteration of TMNT.
Well if we're talking major studio game development, any game is going to cost a significant amount of money. The initial investment shouldn't prevent a game with a sound concept from being made. People don't want to play a TMNT that may or may not be good just because it features the TMNT, people want to play a good game that features the TMNT.

And as far as IDW versus Fred Wolf, the Fred Wolf cartoon's time is over. FW still appeals to certain collectors who appreciate the nostalgia and are willing to spend a lot of their available income on it, but most people who are fans of the TMNT are more casual; they may be willing to spend a portion of their money on TMNT merchandise from the various iterations of the franchise but not exclusively FW. Therefore if a game developer were to make plans on creating a TMNT game they would be better to have a wider appeal and tap into a wider share of the market by appealing to fans of TMNT in general, rather than fans of FW exclusively, which IDW's iteration of the franchise does very well. It's not as dark as Mirage but not as goofy as Fred Wolf, it takes inspiration from almost all iterations of the franchise it can. It's very middle-of-the-road, but in a good way in my opinion.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #24
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:

I know you have a hate boner for the IDW series despite never reading it but it contains plenty of Fred Wolf influence for you & the other casuals to cream over.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:45 PM   #25
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Have you seen the reaction of the TMNT's Injustice inclusion? And the buzz around it on the internet the days afterwards? You mean to tell me no eyebrowns where raised by anyone on any of the WB studios after that? People are dying for an Arkham style game for the TMNT (not an Arkham with a TMNT skin, but something of the same scope and love) and if the Injustice deal proves sucessefull and if the Insomniac Spider-Man game does as well I'm sure WB would see the oportunity to invest is something like that for the TMNT sometime soon, heck, who knows, maybe they're already working on some concepts without anyone knowing just in case.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:05 AM   #26
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:

sadly I agree with you there. except it's not the devs I think are the problem most of the time but publishers. you'd think they'd realize by now they're only gonna get back what they put in. If they actually put triple a resources behind a tmnt game for once I'm pretty sure they'd probably see a return on thier investment. or you know they could just keep throwing half cooked junk out there until all but the most hard core of us stop paying attention.

And as the the second point don't act like IDW's tmnt universe doesn't pull from every one that came before it. You want to appeal to a broader base of turtle fans while getting casual and new fans interested in a more mature (and currently running) take on the turtles that's probably the smartest way to go.

Last edited by slingtheory; 01-20-2018 at 06:20 AM.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:08 PM   #27
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Therefore if a game developer were to make plans on creating a TMNT game they would be better to have a wider appeal and tap into a wider share of the market by appealing to fans of TMNT in general, rather than fans of FW exclusively, which IDW's iteration of the franchise does very well.
Well if they can do it cool but it obviously depends how many people want a game based off IDW compared to Nick's iterations, the 2003 series, Mirage etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I know you have a hate boner for the IDW series despite never reading it but it contains plenty of Fred Wolf influence for you & the other casuals to cream over.
But wasn't one of the last few TMNT games Out of the Shadows based on IDW? Please feel free to clarify.

Quote:
sadly I agree with you there. except it's not the devs I think are the problem most of the time but publishers. you'd think they'd realize by now they're only gonna get back what they put in. If they actually put triple a resources behind a tmnt game for once I'm pretty sure they'd probably see a return on thier investment.
Totally agree here.

Quote:
And as the the second point don't act like IDW's tmnt universe doesn't pull from every one that came before it. You want to appeal to a broader base of turtle fans while getting casual and new fans interested in a more mature (and currently running) take on the turtles that's probably the smartest way to go.
But it's still just that one iteration, that's the thing. It will be the IDW comic spin-off game.

Quote:
Have you seen the reaction of the TMNT's Injustice inclusion? And the buzz around it on the internet the days afterwards?
Really? I've been out of the loop with the press reaction Injustice TMNT could work then but an Arkham game may be too expensive. Not trying to poo poo the idea, just thinking from a business budget perspective.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:31 PM   #28
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
But wasn't one of the last few TMNT games Out of the Shadows based on IDW? Please feel free to clarify.
OotS the game was the "Arkham" clone with realistic Nick designs, Mutants in Manhattan had the IDW designs by Mateus Santolouco.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:25 PM   #29
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Really? I've been out of the loop with the press reaction Injustice TMNT could work then but an Arkham game may be too expensive. Not trying to poo poo the idea, just thinking from a business budget perspective.
Yeah, everyone lost their **** with the annoucement, it even eclipsed the Noctis in Tekken annoucement a couple of days later.
Again, it may be a lot of money to invest but if the Injustice cameo proves popular and gives them a boost in sales it might be an investment worth having.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #30
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
OotS the game was the "Arkham" clone with realistic Nick designs, Mutants in Manhattan had the IDW designs by Mateus Santolouco.
I see. Thanks for that info.

Quote:
Yeah, everyone lost their **** with the annoucement, it even eclipsed the Noctis in Tekken annoucement a couple of days later.
Again, it may be a lot of money to invest but if the Injustice cameo proves popular and gives them a boost in sales it might be an investment worth having.
That's cool. For an Arkham style game I think what would fit that the most would be a game based on the Volume 1 Mirage comic. I would love to play a game based off that.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:44 PM   #31
shihe
Hench Mutant

I have several dream TMNT games.

In no particular order:

1.) Tournament Fighters "4" (or you know, a successor to TF).
Made by Arc Systems or SNK.
Basically, gather all playable fighters from across all TF games (minus company exclusives like Sisifus if it's too much trouble) then add fan favorites like Slash, Metalhead, Leatherhead, etc. and make one hell of an amazing new Turtles fighting game in HD.

2.) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Warriors
Made by Tecmo Koei.
Basically, your usual Dynasty Warriors with a coat of TMNT paint.
The locales would be present-day New York City, the sewers, the Triceraton asteroid, the Federation planet, Shredder's hideout, ancient Japan (or modern Japan), Usagi Yojinbo's dimension, and so on.
You could fight hordes of Purple Dragons, Foot Ninja, Mousers, Triceratons, other mutants, and have epic boss battles where teamwork is key!

3.) A REAL anniversary celebration TMNT Smash Up (as promised).
Made by Namco Bandai.
The goal for this game would be to draw as many people as possible to a rich, platform fighter experience. Doesn't have to be based in percentage, life bars are fine but with the mobility of a platform-fighter.
The game should include Turtles characters from the comics, tv series, movies, etc.
Maybe so it's not full of duplicate characters, take the favorite incarnation of each character, and work on a moveset around it.
For example, if most people like reporter April O'Neil, then give her a moveset based on reporter stuff. Or if people like say, the bulky Slash from 2012, then go for that. (Hopefully a lot of research goes into this).
And for all that's holy, have each Turtle have an alternate costume that's based on each show/movie model, if at least loosely based on it so they can all be the same size,

Just once I'd love for them to take a few risks instead of going the usual tired beat-em-up style. Or at least try to make one that can stand up to the original Turtles in Time (heck, pull a TMNT:Rebirth) without complicating the formula too much that it gets hard to get into.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:13 AM   #32
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
I have several dream TMNT games.

In no particular order:

1.) Tournament Fighters "4" (or you know, a successor to TF).
Made by Arc Systems or SNK.
Basically, gather all playable fighters from across all TF games (minus company exclusives like Sisifus if it's too much trouble) then add fan favorites like Slash, Metalhead, Leatherhead, etc. and make one hell of an amazing new Turtles fighting game in HD.

2.) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Warriors
Made by Tecmo Koei.
Basically, your usual Dynasty Warriors with a coat of TMNT paint.
The locales would be present-day New York City, the sewers, the Triceraton asteroid, the Federation planet, Shredder's hideout, ancient Japan (or modern Japan), Usagi Yojinbo's dimension, and so on.
You could fight hordes of Purple Dragons, Foot Ninja, Mousers, Triceratons, other mutants, and have epic boss battles where teamwork is key!

3.) A REAL anniversary celebration TMNT Smash Up (as promised).
Made by Namco Bandai.
The goal for this game would be to draw as many people as possible to a rich, platform fighter experience. Doesn't have to be based in percentage, life bars are fine but with the mobility of a platform-fighter.
The game should include Turtles characters from the comics, tv series, movies, etc.
Maybe so it's not full of duplicate characters, take the favorite incarnation of each character, and work on a moveset around it.
For example, if most people like reporter April O'Neil, then give her a moveset based on reporter stuff. Or if people like say, the bulky Slash from 2012, then go for that. (Hopefully a lot of research goes into this).
And for all that's holy, have each Turtle have an alternate costume that's based on each show/movie model, if at least loosely based on it so they can all be the same size,
I like the way you think