The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you see Mutant Mayhem in theaters?
Yes, I'm definitely going and will see it in theaters 38 60.32%
Only if someone pays for my ticket/I can go with someone 6 9.52%
No, definitely not 19 30.16%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2023, 08:08 PM   #41
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
I plan to see it. Doubt it’ll be opening day, perhaps opening weekend

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 05:08 AM   #42
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Design choices here and there and some of the dialogue introduced in what clips I've seen make me cringe more than look forward to the film.

I've gotten over the voices and they were never really a problem to me No what kills it for me is more OT stuff which has pretty much made me be repulsed to the franchise at this point. The more of it I see? The less and less I want any part of it. Sop yeah this is a no for me.
Old 07-11-2023, 08:07 AM   #43
terrorblade
Foot Soldier

Yeah, it looks fun and sometimes that's all I need from a movie. Saw Mario twice despite the poor reviews and enjoy every second of it.
terrorblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 08:35 AM   #44
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorblade View Post
Yeah, it looks fun and sometimes that's all I need from a movie. Saw Mario twice despite the poor reviews and enjoy every second of it.
The Mario movie was definitely respectful to the source material and didn’t stray very far from it, which already guaranteed that it would be a box office hit and boy was it. Mario fans flocked to the theaters and spread the good word, bringing in even more customers. Also, it was a fun family-friendly movie that both kids and adults could enjoy.

Whereas Mutant Mayhem…well…it wasn’t made for TMNT fans that’s for sure.
Old 07-11-2023, 09:46 AM   #45
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Mikey got stuck in a sewer tunnel and Farted in his Brothers' faces. That seems pretty bad to me...
Totally unforgivable. I'm just saying that I don't hate those Bay films like I once did. I just accept it for what it was, a piece of crap with meathead Turtles that had a few fun and charming moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Your confidence is laughable.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 09:53 AM   #46
terrorblade
Foot Soldier

Quote:
The Mario movie was definitely respectful to the source material and didn’t stray very far from it, which already guaranteed that it would be a box office hit and boy was it. Mario fans flocked to the theaters and spread the good word, bringing in even more customers. Also, it was a fun family-friendly movie that both kids and adults could enjoy.

One of my favorite iteration of the turtles was probably the least respectful to the source material so I'm pretty lenient in that regard.
terrorblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 09:56 AM   #47
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Your confidence is laughable.
Well it wasn’t. It was clearly made for little kids who have no prior knowledge of TMNT so they wouldn’t know just what major changes the producers have made nor would they care; they just consume the product without asking questions. And given that testing screen audiences are saying that this probably should’ve been rated “PG-13”, even Seth Rogen couldn’t produce a kid movie right (probably because he was too high as usual).
Old 07-11-2023, 09:57 AM   #48
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:

Sure it is. It's obviously catering pretty heavily to those whose fondest memories of the TMNT are rooted in the classic Playmates toyline. As if the character roster wasn't enough to indicate that, they even have a scene of the turtles in their wacky costumes from it. Is it made for casual fans more than die-hards? Absolutely. Like everything else, this is a product, & their primary concern is to draw in the most people.

I'm a hardcore Mirage guy, I understand a want for something more adult that goes in another direction. This is still a valid & very much on-brand version of TMNT, though, like it or not.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 09:58 AM   #49
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
True. Though when somebody says "TMNT fans" I'm not really imagining a specific group of people in the same way that I might if, say, somebody were to say "Fantastic Four fans," or any one of a number of other fandoms. Fantastic Four fans, I can kind of picture the average Fantastic Four fan and understand the mindset. TMNT fans? We're talking about a wide spectrum of people from a small pocket of reason minded to full blown lunatics and crazies. "Made for TMNT fans" doesn't really mean anything with this in mind.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 10:02 AM   #50
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

Sure it is. It's obviously catering pretty heavily to those whose fondest memories of the TMNT are rooted in the classic Playmates toyline. As if the character roster wasn't enough to indicate that, they even have a scene of the turtles in their wacky costumes from it. Is it made for casual fans more than die-hards? Absolutely. Like everything else, this is a product, & their primary concern is to draw in the most people.

I'm a hardcore Mirage guy, I understand a want for something more adult that goes in another direction. This is still a valid & very much on-brand version of TMNT, though, like it or not.

Yup.
Old 07-11-2023, 11:40 AM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

In terms of the designs I don't mind how all the mutants look, that doesn't really matter and they probably won't even be on-screen that much due to the sheer mass of them.

But two things I cannot forgive:

1. Donatello wearing glasses. The worst aspect of the 2014 designs besides the nostrils came back, why do they think the "geek" or "nerd" wearing glasses is the right thing to do in 2023? This is such an outdated stereotype that died over 20 years ago. I can't believe they think this is a good thing.

2. April is fat and black. This is not April, you could of named her "Shoshana" and it would be a new character.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 01:38 PM   #52
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Everyone's entitled to their opinion BUT do not compare this to the PD Turtles. This new one at least looks like a competently made film, PD Turtles was a complete trainwreck in every category.

The more clips I see of Mutant Mayhem, the more it looks like a totally fun film. Shoshana (let's just call her that from now on, lol) seems pretty annoying but all bits with the Turtles are great.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 01:51 PM   #53
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's more comparable to TMNT 2007 if anything.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 02:40 PM   #54
CyberCubed
Overlord

TMNT 2007 portrayed the Turtles as older like they were nearing 20 years old, but this movie portrays the Turtles as young 15 year olds so there is a big difference. They act like teenagers going to High School.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 03:17 PM   #55
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
TMNT 2007 portrayed the Turtles as older like they were nearing 20 years old, but this movie portrays the Turtles as young 15 year olds so there is a big difference. They act like teenagers going to High School.
Stylistically, it does at first glance appear similar in tone with 2007 TMNT. Outside of that, I don't know.
Old 07-12-2023, 07:32 PM   #56
Warhorse
Emperor

Yeah, I feel obligated to support my boys.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 04:16 PM   #57
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

Probably not. Definitely not opening weekend. If it was a live action movie, maybe, but not a kids animated film. I’ll probably wait for streaming. It doesn’t seem like this movie is really doing anything new. The tone feels like Rise of the TMNT, which I’m not a fan of.
sethmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 04:21 PM   #58
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

going to go with some friends to a matinee thursday morning and see if they have any of those limited edition swag for the collection.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 02:11 AM   #59
Longview01
Foot Soldier

yes, taking my wifes and 2 kids
Old 07-21-2023, 07:54 AM   #60
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Yeah, I feel obligated to support my boys.
Your boys stayed in the 80's and early 90's. These guys are anything but your boys.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aprilisnotblack, cubedhatesblackpeople, panda cuck fan