The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2019, 07:44 AM   #461
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 17,735
Re-release coming next week. There will be post-credits treats

https://screenrant.com/avengers-endg...credits-scene/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #462
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,608
They really want it to push over Avatar, huh?

I'll see the rerelease as I was already planning on going with some family members who just caught up on the MCU. I'm guessing the extra scene will just be some tease for Far From Home.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:30 AM   #463
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 20,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
I'm guessing the extra scene will just be some tease for Far From Home.
Highly unlikely it would be that. Plus doesn't Sony get most/all the money from the MCU Spider-Man movies? As in, "Why would Marvel/Disney care to include such a thing?"

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it could be the Galactus tease I was hoping for originally.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:38 AM   #464
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Highly unlikely it would be that. Plus doesn't Sony get most/all the money from the MCU Spider-Man movies? As in, "Why would Marvel/Disney care to include such a thing?"

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it could be the Galactus tease I was hoping for originally.
I'm not arguing that Spider-Man will be the focus of the extra runtime, but there is certainly incentive for Marvel to help Far From Home succeed. Remember they aren't doing it for nothing. Even featuring Spider-Man in the MCU films isn't really enough to justify the work they are putting into the character.

They want Sony's Spider-Man films to be successful because it bolsters the character and helps sell merchandising, and Spider-Man merchandise is one of the largest sources of income for Marvel.

It is certainly not a Galactus tease though.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:11 PM   #465
drgon78
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,800
Lame, they are really desperate to beat Avatar. No thank you I have already seen it once and once is enough for me.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:23 PM   #466
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Lame, they are really desperate to beat Avatar. No thank you I have already seen it once and once is enough for me.
But keep in mind that Avatar’s record is also boosted by a special re-release of the film.
Personally, I don’t care at all. I’m just glad that it was successful, because I’d like more.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:41 AM   #467
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Highly unlikely it would be that. Plus doesn't Sony get most/all the money from the MCU Spider-Man movies? As in, "Why would Marvel/Disney care to include such a thing?"

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it could be the Galactus tease I was hoping for originally.
If they teased something super far out, it would have been important enough to put in the original release. The only exception could be a Fox character, but I doubt they want to get involved in that so soon after the merger. If anything is teased, it'll be to one of the next couple films lined up, which would be FFH or maybe Black Widow.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:57 AM   #468
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 20,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
If they teased something super far out, it would have been important enough to put in the original release.
That's kind of my thinking, unfortunately. Though the Russos said they "didn't have time" to do anything, even though they had a couple of months from the time the Fox deal was finalized to the release of Endgame. Maybe they've had time since?

Quote:
The only exception could be a Fox character, but I doubt they want to get involved in that so soon after the merger. If anything is teased, it'll be to one of the next couple films lined up, which would be FFH or maybe Black Widow.
Yeah, sadly that's probably what the good odds are on. I can almost guarantee it wouldn't be Spider-Man: Far From Home, so Black Widow would make a lot of sense. Especially with the "deleted scene" Feige is talking about.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #469
drgon78
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,800
Yeah and Avatar would also be much higher if you keep inflation in mind. If you do inflation even Avatar wouldn't be number one anyway.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:33 PM   #470
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Yeah and Avatar would also be much higher if you keep inflation in mind. If you do inflation even Avatar wouldn't be number one anyway.
BUT Avatar tickets cost more because it was essentially required 3d-viewing.

I'm not trying to Stan for Avengers or anything, but I think there are a lot of variables on both sides of the equation. Best not to think about it too much.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:25 PM   #471
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Yeah and Avatar would also be much higher if you keep inflation in mind. If you do inflation even Avatar wouldn't be number one anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
BUT Avatar tickets cost more because it was essentially required 3d-viewing.

I'm not trying to Stan for Avengers or anything, but I think there are a lot of variables on both sides of the equation. Best not to think about it too much.
He has a point, the Avatar movie was a must see movie in 3d, the 3d is what made that movie, not the story.

Avatar had zero competition and with good word of mouth gave it great staying power. If it had competition like Avengers did I feel like it would not have done as well. It still would have done a amazing I think, just not quite what it did.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:24 AM   #472
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 20,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
He has a point, the Avatar movie was a must see movie in 3d, the 3d is what made that movie, not the story.

Avatar had zero competition and with good word of mouth gave it great staying power. If it had competition like Avengers did I feel like it would not have done as well. It still would have done a amazing I think, just not quite what it did.
Avatar scratched an itch nobody knew we had at the perfect time. And it was way more than the 3D, let's not begrudge it. And there was even people offing themselves because they wanted to go to Pandora or hated their fellow humans as a result of the movie, or whatever... it was a pretty big deal at the time.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #473
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Avatar scratched an itch nobody knew we had at the perfect time. And it was way more than the 3D, let's not begrudge it. And there was even people offing themselves because they wanted to go to Pandora or hated their fellow humans as a result of the movie, or whatever... it was a pretty big deal at the time.
I don't remember that $hit at all...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #474
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 20,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I don't remember that $hit at all...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...-not-real.html

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ues/index.html

https://baseballfordinner.com/2010/0...d-responsible/

https://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-c...ome-moviegoers

And so on...
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #475
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
The gene pool thanks them. We have a whole slew of Darwin Award winners, folks!
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:50 AM   #476
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
I'm guessing the extra scene will just be some tease for Far From Home.
Called it!

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...04112228507649

"See #AvengersEndgame again before it leaves theaters! Fans can receive this exclusive poster (at select theaters while supplies last), see an intro from dir. Anthony Russo, an unfinished deleted scene, and a sneak peek from #SpiderManFarFromHome. Get tix: http://Fandango.com/AvengersEndgame"
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:12 AM   #477
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
Called it!

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...04112228507649

"See #AvengersEndgame again before it leaves theaters! Fans can receive this exclusive poster (at select theaters while supplies last), see an intro from dir. Anthony Russo, an unfinished deleted scene, and a sneak peek from #SpiderManFarFromHome. Get tix: http://Fandango.com/AvengersEndgame"
Well shoot, if it's like the first 7-10 minutes of Far From Home, I'm there. If it's just a piece of promotional fluff, I'm not. It's prob the latter.

Last edited by AquaParade; 06-25-2019 at 09:27 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:59 AM   #478
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 20,901
How stupid. For those that just can't wait 1 fu**ing week?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:25 AM   #479
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 12,752
I thought it was clear about a month ago that all Endgame would add would be Tom Holland plugging the Spider-man movie.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #480
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 9,951
Its a gimmick to fund 37 million to surpass Avatar unadjusted.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avengers cuckgame, captain marvel saves day

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.