The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #1161
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/863092158672273408

We are definitely getting new episodes is June, just no date yet.

So It could return on either the 4th or 11th or 18th or 25th.
Showing the Technodrome, it looks like it's the 1987-1996 series crossovers!
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #1162
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Showing the Technodrome, it looks like it's the 1987-1996 series crossovers!
It's from the last crossover, not the new one.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:18 PM   #1163
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
It's from the last crossover, not the new one.
The clips, maybe, but the tweet appeared today. So that's why I guess it's those episodes coming in June 2017.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 05-12-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:19 PM   #1164
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm guessing the crossover will most likely be the show's big finale, released in November/December.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #1165
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I'm guessing the crossover will most likely be the show's big finale, released in November/December.
Why do you believe that?
Old 05-12-2017, 01:41 PM   #1166
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Why do you believe that?
I think its likely since Turtles Forever also was the finale of the 2k3 series and the crossover makes much more sense to me as the final 3 part episode than anything else. We had Transdimensional turtles last year, so I expect they would not have both crossover appear too close to each other.

The playmates video with the guy advertising the figures, mentioned that the crossover would be "the last arc". Now that could either mean the last of the 4 arcs he was talking about (making it appear halfway into the season) or the last arc of the entire show.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #1167
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I wonder if the Kraang hivemind will play any role in season 5 other than Bishop and 80s Krang appearing again. Will Subprime and Prime appear again?

Last time I remember, they were driven out of the earth by the turtles in mid season 3 but are still active in Dimension X and the triceraton episode even suggested that the Kraang are using secret bases to hide in Earth.

They still seem like a threat to me and I wish they get closure, since they were the significant other big villains since the beginning of the show alongside Shredder and the Foot Clan.

I think the Shredder got pretty good closure in Owari and that the opening 4 parter of season 5 also expanded upon the status of the foot after Shredder's death (Karai, Tatsu and Tiger Claw fighting over its leadership which ultimately ended in a truce).

Whether the foot are given more closure or not I don't mind but I wish we get a proper goodbye to the Kraang.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-12-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #1168
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
I wonder if the Kraang hivemind will play any role in season 5 other than Bishop and 80s Krang appearing again. Will Subprime and Prime appear again?

Last time I remember, they were driven out of the earth by the turtles in mid season 3 but are still active in Dimension X and the triceraton episode even suggested that the Kraang are using secret bases to hide in Earth. They still seem like a threat to me and I wish they get closure, since they were the significant other big villains since the beginning of the show alongside Shredder and the Foot Clan.
Kraang and Kraang Prime were supposedly destroyed by the Triceratons in the first half of Annihilation Earth the finale of Season 3.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:11 PM   #1169
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Kraang and Kraang Prime were supposedly destroyed by the Triceratons in the first half of Annihilation Earth the finale of Season 3.
I think we will see Kraang Sub Prime again. He may be dead in the present but if the turtles are going to another dimension/time travel, then he could appear again.

We saw him go to the Mirage verse in the episode Trans dimensional Turtles but we also saw him getting destroyed in Annihilation: Earth and Trans Dimensional Turtles technically happens before Annihilation: Earth, so we need to find out how he escaped the Mirage verse.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #1170
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm pretty sure Kraang Prime and Subprime would both survive as a part of the running gag where they (especially Subprime) survive impossible situations.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #1171
Overlord

Quote:
I think its likely since Turtles Forever also was the finale of the 2k3 series and the crossover makes much more sense to me as the final 3 part episode than anything else. We had Transdimensional turtles last year, so I expect they would not have both crossover appear too close to each other.

The playmates video with the guy advertising the figures, mentioned that the crossover would be "the last arc". Now that could either mean the last of the 4 arcs he was talking about (making it appear halfway into the season) or the last arc of the entire show.
Or maybe the final "arc" for the action figutes? Remember they also had specific storyarcs, like outer space and Dimension X.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #1172
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

June sounds fine to me for it coming back though it does seem surprising as they usually take a break for the summer and don't come back until fall. But they might show a few episodes in June then break for July and August and maybe come back in September or October.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:11 PM   #1173
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Kraang Prime and Subprime would both survive as a part of the running gag where they (especially Subprime) survive impossible situations.
That was supposed to be a running gag?
Seemed to me like just lazy writing.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:12 PM   #1174
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Every cartoon out there always has villains that seem like they die or fall into a hole or blow up or something just to keep coming back later on. It's no different than most other action cartoons.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 04:46 PM   #1175
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
shh..this show is perfect, and above criticism...don't you know that? ;o)

a show like this isn't concerned about continuity. i'd say it's a case of lazy writing and not remembering what happened the last time he was on screen..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #1176
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No show is ever perfect no matter what others say. This show does have some flaws, but I can overlook that in favor of what I do like.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:16 PM   #1177
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
shh..this show is perfect, and above criticism...don't you know that? ;o)

a show like this isn't concerned about continuity. i'd say it's a case of lazy writing and not remembering what happened the last time he was on screen..
There's criticism, and then there's being nitpicky for the sake of being nitpicky, and to me, you fall into the latter category here even if it's unintentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
No show is ever perfect no matter what others say. This show does have some flaws, but I can overlook that in favor of what I do like.
Thank you! This pretty much. No piece of work can be void of issues because there's no such thing as "perfection". Everything can be criticized, but there's a way to do it. Not only is this the case with animated shows, but live-action may have the same problems at times.

Criticism is fine, as BubblyShell22 said here. People have made criticisms about this show. Even I have, but for me personally, the things I like about the series outweighs the stuff I don't. I wouldn't be watching otherwise if that was the case.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:37 PM   #1178
Vegita-San
Emperor

pshaw

I happen to not care for this iteration of turtles. but, because it's turtles, it's still hard to give it up cold turkey.

i watch it when i remember to watch it, and i find there is lots to criticize each time. just like some folks don't seem to care when you point out the flaws in mirage, same seems to go for this show sometimes .

i just have no problem saying what i really mean , so it may come off as brash .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:49 PM   #1179
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
pshaw

I happen to not care for this iteration of turtles. but, because it's turtles, it's still hard to give it up cold turkey.

i watch it when i remember to watch it, and i find there is lots to criticize each time. just like some folks don't seem to care when you point out the flaws in mirage, same seems to go for this show sometimes .

i just have no problem saying what i really mean , so it may come off as brash .
Yeah, that's why I said, "even if it's unintentional".
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:12 AM   #1180
matteso586
Stone Warrior

What are the odds that the Renet episodes will explain why she was able to exist in the old timeline despite Earth being swallowed by a black hole? And that they will further foreshadow the world finding out about the Ninja Turtles?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
season 5