The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-16-2021, 08:21 AM   #1641
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Not only this but no one ever seems to bring up or talk about the Batman comics from 1939, the 40s, 50s, or 60s. Like the only aspect from his earliest issues that some may bring up is how he used to kill ("A fitting end to his kind"). His stories after those decades like Dark Knight Returns, Killing Joke, etc are all fans ever talk about.
Because nobody alive today cares about those.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:59 AM   #1642
IMJ
Emperor

A lot of those really early Batman books are anachronistic to the point that they are tough slogs to get through. I'd guess that most of the collecting population hasn't even read them.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:07 AM   #1643
sdp
Megan Fox = April

to be honest i'm kind of burnt out on Batman, there's no new stories to tell anymore, it's all a rehash of a rehash.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:21 AM   #1644
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
i'm pointing out the hypocrisy in what these fans on social media are doing. They hated Ben Affleck as Batman so much that he drove himself into depression....now they want him back? It doesn't work that way.
Its not like being in questionable movies with negative critic reception has anything do it with it...
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:30 AM   #1645
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ben Affleck could have had a pretty good Batman solo film, but of course it's probably too late now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 09:45 AM   #1646
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
A lot of those really early Batman books are anachronistic to the point that they are tough slogs to get through. I'd guess that most of the collecting population hasn't even read them.
Yeah, plus Batman has vastly evolved from his earlier decades that going back to adapt from those comics would be awkward.

Wonder when we can expect another trailer.

Cubed: I think it's safe to say that Ben's done after The Flash.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 10:08 AM   #1647
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Cubed: I think it's safe to say that Ben's done after The Flash.
Why would that be safe to say? There's nothing to say he doesn't continue to pop into things as "the DCEU Batman" while Reeves gives us more random Batman movies that continue to not connect to anything.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:11 AM   #1648
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I can only think of potentially Batgirl whenever that gets made. Plus, no one thought Keaton would get to play Batman again, so I guess anything's possible.
Old 09-26-2021, 09:37 PM   #1649
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well I've been on a bit of a Batman kick lately,
I stand by my previous post that I feel batman is way overplayed but I also think the movie will likely be good in the worst case scenario with a chance of it being great. I don't know what to make of it, of course I hate the black characters they cast but whatever parts of the latest leaked trailer seem rather gothic and comic booky which we haven't really ever seen done on a large budget. Other parts seem hollywood batman where he's fighting a bunch of people in a big set piece like the dark knight trilogy had, which I'm not as big of a fan, but I'll be watching it, can't believe it's releasing in just a few months, I thought it would be a summer movie.

I'm tempted to watch all the Batman content on HBO Max, but man, I don't have time for that right now.
Old 09-27-2021, 10:31 AM   #1650
AquaParade
Banned

Can't freakin wait for this movie. I have no doubt it is going to kick ass.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 02:45 PM   #1651
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's the new trailer.

Old 10-16-2021, 02:57 PM   #1652
AquaParade
Banned

Fantastic. This movie gets a lot of pushback here, but I couldn't be more excited.

As someone who was disappointed when Reeves replaced Affleck, they completely won me over. I'd prefer this.

That said, I dont believe we've seen the last of Affleck Batman. He'll be back after The Flash.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:59 PM   #1653
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

This movie looks amazing. Riddler finally taken seriously and not a goofball like in Batman Forever. While I like Devito's Penguin its nice to see the real Penguin in this movie. PatBat has won me over
Old 10-16-2021, 03:44 PM   #1654
CyberCubed
Overlord

I take it Riddler isn't going to wear his traditional green suit.

This looks a lot more like the Nolan Batman trilogy than I expected. I mean if I didn't know better it'd look like the same series in terms of tone. Interesting to see how the black Catwoman works but she seems like she'll function similar to the last Catwoman we had.

Batman movies are rarely ever bad outside of Batman and Robin so this will be good.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:03 PM   #1655
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The TV show Gotham has had the best live action riddler to date. I always thought Pattinson would be good Batman, I just wanted Affleck as Batman at least once. Movie will likely be good, just not do something entirely new with the character, just a rehash of the nolan films.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:28 PM   #1656
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
That said, I dont believe we've seen the last of Affleck Batman. He'll be back after The Flash.
Nah. If for no other reason than it's something people were vocal about wanting after the positive reaction to "Zack Snyder's Justice League". There was scuttlebutt about an HBO Max series, and people were very favorable to that idea.

And if people actively ask for something, you can pretty much take it to the bank that WB won't do it. People want Cavill to get another crack at Superman, too, and you can pretty much guarantee that's never going to happen, either.

WB's M.O. as a company over the last decade or so is not about giving people things they ask for. It's about force-feeding them things they did NOT ask for until they give up and take their medicine. People actually want more Affleck as Batman... ergo, it's not gonna happen.

I mean, hey, if I'm wrong, then fine. At this point, another Affleck Batman project is probably the only film or live-action project I'd have any emotional investment in. I just have huge doubts based on a variety of factors, not the least of which is just the complete ass-backwards way WB does business.

Plus, Affleck's Batman is probably gonna get "killed" in the Flash movie, anyway. So there's that.

EDIT: Penguin looks pretty good. Riddler isn't Jigsaw, though.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 10-16-2021 at 07:26 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 01:34 AM   #1657
AquaParade
Banned

I’m pretty confident we’ll see Batfleck again, whether he dies or not in The Flash.
We’re even seeing Keaton again. That seemed even less likely a year ago.

I think WB will keep pushing Batman as much as possible and looking for new projects to do with the character. They likely feel they need him on screen, as much as the comics sort of rely on him. Especially with:
A. streaming wars in session.
B. Multiverse being all the rage.

I think we’ll see them continue the trend of milking Batman on screen. Especially if Flash and The Batman make a lot of money. They won’t want to wait another3-5 years for Reeve’s to make another flick. That’s not going to be enough, in this day and age, if they want to compete with Marvel. And they haven’t built up much else that can compete.

I don’t really see Ben Affleck refusing it either. Sounds like he enjoyed his time on The Flash set.

Have you changed your mind on Reeve’s Batman movie or are you still skipping it?

Last edited by AquaParade; 10-17-2021 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:53 AM   #1658
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Unless the Flash movie secretly is housing a Pattinson cameo absolutely no one has leaked yet (as in, somehow he gets transplanted or merged into the DCEU as it exists now), no, I don't foresee the Ben Affleck Batman dying in this.

That said, that we're seeing Keaton again in this as Batman isn't very good evidence that we'll see Affleck again as Batman. Keaton did 2 well received movies and redefined Batman to the masses in ways and levels (considering what the public perception of Batman pre-Keaton Batman beyond comic book readers vs. after) that no one has matched since.

Affleck? There are a good number of people who like his take on Batman (I do), murderous stuff aside. But... he hasn't even done 1 Batman movie. One cameo, and two crossover event movies, none of which he was the lead in. He's hardly etched himself into the pantheon of Batman in any significant way.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:56 AM   #1659
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Unless the Flash movie secretly is housing a Pattinson cameo absolutely no one has leaked yet (as in, somehow he gets transplanted or merged into the DCEU as it exists now), no, I don't foresee the Ben Affleck Batman dying in this.

That said, that we're seeing Keaton again in this as Batman isn't very good evidence that we'll see Affleck again as Batman. Keaton did 2 well received movies and redefined Batman to the masses in ways and levels (considering what the public perception of Batman pre-Keaton Batman beyond comic book readers vs. after) that no one has matched since.

Affleck? There are a good number of people who like his take on Batman (I do), murderous stuff aside. But... he hasn't even done 1 Batman movie. One cameo, and two crossover event movies, none of which he was the lead in. He's hardly etched himself into the pantheon of Batman in any significant way.
That’s a good point in regards to their comparison, but Keaton being back isn’t one of the driving reasons for me thinking Affleck will be back, as noted in my post.

More of an additional “expect the unexpected”. Also, just evidence that they are throwing caution to the wind when it comes to having multiple Batman in movies at once. They’re entering “milk it” mode, like the comics have been doing for ages.

Batfleck is surprisingly popular though. I definitely think there is enough of a fan base there to cater to. I’d be all for it. I expect an HBO Max mini-series or more cameos.

Last edited by AquaParade; 10-17-2021 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-17-2021, 02:37 AM   #1660
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

What are the chances of seeing Batfleck in the upcoming Batgirl film with Leslie Grace playing the title character?

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader