The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #81
wg86
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
That does seem to be a memorable one. It was discussed here http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...662#post412662. It was issue #61 but I'm unsure were anyone could get their hands on it.
Cheers, man! I owe you immensely!

I know it'll still be a difficult one to find, but you just made it a hell of a lot easier!
wg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #82
discordiatookie
facehugger

Like I said I was gonna do over in the 'Magazine' thread - here's some random page scans of the Hero Turtles Adventures. Felt that this was a more apropriate page for em - don't want the other thread getting too cluttered! I've just picked a page from each story - also, I don't have synopses(es) either - I haven't read through these all yet!

Issue 15 - Croc Wars. by ??

Issue 16 - Mr. Zimmerman! by ??

Issue 17 - The Pizza Throwing Contest! by ??

Issue 17 - same story as above - but check out their disguises! Wonder if Cowabunga Carl was inspired by these?

Issue 18 - The Ambush! by ??

Issue 21 - Fast Footin'. by Andrew W. Donkin & Graham F. Brand (w) & Mick Austin (A)

Issue 21 - The Green Menace. by David Robinson (w) & Massimo Belardinelli (a)

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #83
discordiatookie
facehugger

Issue 22 - Help! Where's The Pizza? by James Nicholas (w) & Sandy James (a)

Issue 22 - Fast Flush! by Scott Goodall (w) & rex Archer (a)

Issue 25 - One Of Our Turtles Is Missing! by James Nicholas (a) & Sandy James (w)

Issue 25 - Hogbog The Horrible. by James Nicholas (w) & Richard Elson (a)

Issue 27 - Pied Piper by Scott Goodall (w) & Mick Austin (a)

Issue 27 - Turtles Of Terror. by David Robinson (w) & Sandy James (a)

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

Old 03-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #84
discordiatookie
facehugger

Issue 29 - The Boss. by David Robinson (w) & Sandy James (a)

Issue 29 - Toy Boy Turtles. by Andrew W Donkin, Graham S Brand (w) & Mick Austin (a)

Issue 48 - The Taxi-Cab Grab. by Andrew W Donkin, Graham S Brand (w) & Xausas (a)

Issue 48 - Hong Kong Hokum. by James Nicholas (w) & Jonathan Haward (a) - I actually own the original art to this page!

Old 03-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #85
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Discordiatookie, you have my best compliments! The art in these issues looks great (especially Shredder, April, Bebop, and Rocksteady). I really appreciate you making these scans and sharing these selections here.

It really makes me want to get some of these issues. Hopefully I can find a good price on a lot someday (which won't be murder on shipping!)

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #86
Powder
So tired of this place

Wow dude. These are awsome! Thanks alot for sharing them!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #87
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Love it! Th art is very fun looking.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:14 AM   #88
Buffy
Mad Scientist

Thanks for the scans!

Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #89
discordiatookie
facehugger

Wasn't too sure where to stick these, but since they are all out of these here comics, I decided here.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #90
discordiatookie
facehugger

Old 03-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #91
discordiatookie
facehugger

Enjoy!

Old 03-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #92
Buffy
Mad Scientist

Thanks for sharing!

Old 03-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #93
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post

Spoiler:

PICTURE REFERENCED
Wow, they actually say that Donatello is the most resistant to "killing an evil opponent." That suggests the other turtles aren't so pacifistic! Yikes!

Also, I find it humorous that the TMNT Movie soundtrack poster uses the word "NINJA" in big bold print, but feels the need to mention it features "your Hero Turtles." lol

View my sketch work!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #94
discordiatookie
facehugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Also, I find it humorous that the TMNT Movie soundtrack poster uses the word "NINJA" in big bold print, but feels the need to mention it features "your Hero Turtles." lol
What I don't get is the whole nunchuka banning thing. Fair enough it happened. In these comics however, its a mix between reprinting the Archie Adventures, and original stories. In the Archie ones, Mikey is blatantly using his 'chucks. In the original ones, there's not any to be seen. In one story, (The Green Menace) he actually uses a bo staff:

Old 03-26-2010, 06:49 AM   #95
TeenageMutantNinjaHumans
Mouser

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Netherlandish is indeed a funnier word
You are correct, these comics where published in the Netherlands (and in Belgium). Dutch is spoken in both these countries.
Hi buffy , tmht in Flanders was subtitled on Kanaal2 (I always thought it was broadcasted on VTM until yesterday). The videotapes released in both Holland and Belgium were dubbed in Dutch. How about the broadcasting in Holland ? Was it dubbed in Dutch ? Do you like the dubbed version ?
TeenageMutantNinjaHumans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #96
Buffy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenageMutantNinjaHumans View Post
Hi buffy , tmht in Flanders was subtitled on Kanaal2 (I always thought it was broadcasted on VTM until yesterday). The videotapes released in both Holland and Belgium were dubbed in Dutch. How about the broadcasting in Holland ? Was it dubbed in Dutch ? Do you like the dubbed version ?
Hi TeenageMutantNinjaHumans!
TMHT was indeed shown on KA2 (now it's called 2BE). I remember though that they sometimes showed the hero episodes and sometimes the ninja episodes. I think the broadcasting in Holland was also in English (I remember watching turtles on different channels and it was never in Dutch). I once saw one of those video tapes: I really hated the dubbed versions. But I have that with everything: I always prefer the original release.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #97
TeenageMutantNinjaHumans
Mouser

Quote:
Hi TeenageMutantNinjaHumans!
TMHT was indeed shown on KA2 (now it's called 2BE). I remember though that they sometimes showed the hero episodes and sometimes the ninja episodes. I think the broadcasting in Holland was also in English (I remember watching turtles on different channels and it was never in Dutch). I once saw one of those video tapes: I really hated the dubbed versions. But I have that with everything: I always prefer the original release.
Are you sure they broadcasted both tmht as tmnt versions of the old cartoon on kanaal2 ? Or did they broadcast tmnt in belgium and tmht in holland ? they were both subtitled here in Belgium and in Holland ?
In holland they broadcasted it on tros and foxkids but as belgians we could not have watched foxkids.
I also watched only one tape of the dubbed episodes, one episode was about a cristal. I cannot believe they actually dubbed the episoses only for the tapes lol . Oh and Casey Jones was called 'de schaver' in dutch and shredder 'de hakker'.
TeenageMutantNinjaHumans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #98
Buffy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenageMutantNinjaHumans View Post
Are you sure they broadcasted both tmht as tmnt versions of the old cartoon on kanaal2 ? Or did they broadcast tmnt in belgium and tmht in holland ? they were both subtitled here in Belgium and in Holland ?
In holland they broadcasted it on tros and foxkids but as belgians we could not have watched foxkids.
I also watched only one tape of the dubbed episodes, one episode was about a cristal. I cannot believe they actually dubbed the episoses only for the tapes lol . Oh and Casey Jones was called 'de schaver' in dutch and shredder 'de hakker'.
I'm not sure what they had in Holland but in Belgium they showed in the year 2000 the ninja turtles episodes. Those had subtitles.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:03 AM   #99
Buffy
Mad Scientist

I was wondering: how many issues have been published in the UK? I'm thinking about collecting these.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #100
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I was wondering: how many issues have been published in the UK? I'm thinking about collecting these.
I've seen cover scans up through issue #43. I recently picked up a lot of these issues but they haven't shipped out yet. Issues #1-14 reproduced the Archie "Heroes on the Half Shell" miniseries up to Archie TMNT Adventures #11. I believe the next four Fleetway issues were "Poster Magazines" that included original comics. After those issues, I'm guessing they may have begun to alternate Archie TMNT Adventure stories and original content.

Galactus provided some good info on the UK publications:
Quote:
The UK comic came out every two weeks and would alternate it's format. One issue would reprint an issue of the Archie book, the next would have two original short stories made especialy for the UK book. All the covers were drawn by UK artists, even in the issues that reprinted the Archies.

The original stories were of course v. old toon style and even moreso aimed at children but I always liked 'em. They had no continuity with the Archie stories and didn't really have continuity with each other.

When the turtles popularity started to fade, the comic went monthly and they dropped the UK stories. It wasn't long before it was cancelled but they did bring it back around the time of the third movie, this time they would use the original American covers but it didn't last long before it ended again.

Sounds like there were at least two volumes that Fleetway put out in the UK according to this post:
Quote:
All of [the Archie comics] up to #39 "United We Stand Divided We Fall" Part 3 [were reprinted in the Fleetway comics] which ended the first run.

When the comic came back it started were it left off reprinting #40 so we got both the "Future Shark Trilogy" and the "Black Hole Trilogy" . I'm unsure were the second run ended, the last issue I have reprints #51. I remember checking each of the stores near me but couldn't find anymore after that. It's possible that's were the second run ended, I couldn't see it lasting much longer anyway.

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 05-09-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Tags
fleetway, hero turtles