The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 08-29-2021, 11:47 AM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

RIP Ed Asner

Ed Asner, legendary actor, activist and philanthropist, passed away peacefully Sunday morning, surrounded by family. He was 91.

Asner, former president of the Screen Actors Guild, is best known for his role as Lou Grant during the 1970s and early 1980s, on both The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its spinoff series Lou Grant, making him one of the few television actors to portray the same character in both a comedy and a drama.

He is the most awarded male performer in Emmy history with seven wins — five of them for playing Lou Grant.

Asner’s long list of credits also include the movies Elf, one of several movies in which he played Santa Claus, and Pixar’s Oscar-winning Up, in which he voiced the lead, Carl Fredricksen. He was most recently seen on the Emmy-nominated comedy series Cobra Kai.

Ed did a lot of Voice acting too. He was J Jonah Jameson in the 94 Spider-man Cartoon and he was Granny Goodness in the DCAU

https://deadline.com/2021/08/ad-asne...re-1234823859/
Old 08-29-2021, 12:48 PM   #2
Vicky82
Emperor

RIP Ed Asner

He voiced Hudson from Gargoyles too.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wonder if he filmed any new scenes as Johnny's step-dad in Cobra Kai season 4.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 09:44 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I really liked his J. Jonah Jameson in the 1990s Spider-man animated series. I think he might have set the mold that J. K. Simmons perfected.

In the DC animated shows, he was an excellent villain twice: Roland Daggett in Batman:TAS in addition to his more iconic Granny Goodness.

And we can't forget his memorable contribution to Freakazoid!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 11:05 PM   #5
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Another incredible acting legend born in the 1920s; Ed Asner was really gifted and had a lot of memorable performances, was great at comedy and everything else he did, glad he got to have such a long life. Rest well in heaven, Ed Asner.
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:40 PM   #6
Leo656
The Franchise

This was a real bummer. Huge fan of this dude. For a couple years now I've been expecting it but it's no less of a f*cking bummer.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote