The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-02-2022, 01:58 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

RWBY/Justice League Animated Movie Confirmed For 2023

Quote:
The announcement was made on Friday during RTX Austin, a convention hosted by digital media company Rooster Teeth. During a panel for “RWBY,” the cast and crew — including writers and directors Kerry Shawcross and Eddy Rivas, supervising producer Laura Yates and voice actors Lindsay Jones, Barbara Dunkelman, Arryn Zech and Kara Eberle — dropped the news for the upcoming film, along with other announcements.

The crossover will be the first film set in the “RWBY” universe and will be animated by the same team as the web series. The film will be produced by Rooster Teeth in partnership with Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The series comes after last year’s “RWBY x Justice League” comic book miniseries, which was written by Marguerite Bennett with art from Aneke, Stephanie Pepper and Emanuela Lupacchino. According to the announcement, the new film will feature a completely new story separate from the original comic. The film is currently slated for 2023.
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/r...os-1235307968/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:23 AM   #2
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
...Wow.

Dammit, WB.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 08:15 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

I still have no idea what RWBY actually is. I can't tell whether it's a cartoon or anime, or some sort of Steven Universe thing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:08 AM   #4
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I still have no idea what RWBY actually is. I can't tell whether it's a cartoon or anime, or some sort of Steven Universe thing.
It is kinda a CGI cartoon made in a Miku Miku Dance program. This program allows for relatively basic CGI-like clips and usually used for music videos with Vocaloids.

Quality of those clips can range from ****** to very CGI-like, but, from I've seen of RWBY it is in the former category.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:32 AM   #5
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Why not just do another Scooby Doo crossover instead? At least people know what that is to make people curious about it.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:13 PM   #6
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
It is kinda a CGI cartoon made in a Miku Miku Dance program. This program allows for relatively basic CGI-like clips and usually used for music videos with Vocaloids.

Quality of those clips can range from ****** to very CGI-like, but, from I've seen of RWBY it is in the former category.
I cant remember the exact program the creator, Monty Oum, used but I am pretty sure he had moved beyond MMD when he made the initial trailers.

RWBY started as a really cool consept, with cool character, with cool action that was designed to be accessible to the fans. The main cast comprised of Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna and Yang Xaio Long are older teenage girls who go to a school dedicated to help teach them to hunt monsters in the world. The monsters called Grimm are creatures of physical shadow (seemingly) that are drawn in by the fear and anxieties experienced by humans. There is a lot more around the setting (like super powers, more character ect ect) but that is the bare bones on the first season.

The first 3 or 4 season are very worth a watch. They are fun, interesting and the guy who made the series, Monty, was a genius of combat choreography. He was the one who made Haloid and The Dead Rising series (you can still find on youtube). He died after 4 was done and they decided to keep doing the series because RWBY is the only thing keeping Rooster Teeth afloat. After he died and new more 'progressive' writers took over its now a drama where the main cast you are supposed to agree with apparently took head injuries and lost all their combat abilities and any ability to think BECAUSE DRAMA.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:15 PM   #7
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Also, the comic was ok? I got it because I am obsessive, and they were using the early (s1) designs for the cast and the characters were more along the lines of those era of character. Overall I think the series was ok? Nothing spectacular.

Rooster Teeth and DC are both owned by the same company now I believe so this is a movie of convenience to get view from fans of both franchises.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote