The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2021, 03:43 PM   #26
Galactus
Foot Elite

I think 'vision' is too generous a word to describe what Platinum Dunes had planned for their previous two TMNT movies.

I'm something of a traditionalist when it comes to TMNT so I prefer them to look and have a story faithful to the original but if someone came along with a really good vision of how to re-imagine the property to make it successful in movie form then I wouldn't turn my nose up at it.

Thing is no one involved in those previous two movies had a vision. They started with the (wrong) idea that this was a new version so they had to reinvent it; they just had no clue what they were reinventing it into hence why we got so many re-writes and re-shoots even before Bay saw the first cut and thought it was garbage.

The only real vision they had I think was visual and the idea they were going to ape large parts of other comic book blockbusters most notably The Amazing Spider-Man and the The Avengers with the sequel. I can sorta understand that...there's been many times I've been watching a movie and thinking 'wow I'd love to see something like that done with the turtles' whether it a particular action scene, tone or even plot. I just don't think PD knew how to emulate a big action blockbuster. Remember these guys had previously only produced low grade horror remakes.

Quote:
I hope it's a sequel to the awesome Bay Platinum Dunes Ninja Turtle movies, we need a third one.
That was a neat way to promote your blog post that the Platinum Dunes movies are good actually but they're really not. Now I do think that when we get these new movies we may actually think they were better in comparison but let's not go crazy and start saying they were good.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote