The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-24-2021, 10:53 AM   #721
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
They won't. The guy who fed us the info on part two this week isn't a fan of the agenda either and he says it's all still in there. He was trying to be 'nice' about it, saying Teela isn't as bad as she was in part one, but I could tell from his wording that he knew this is still going to cause s*it when it comes out.
It's woke $#!(.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:00 AM   #722
ZariusTwo
Overlord

FOR ETERNIA!

(go to 2:24)

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 10-25-2021 at 07:23 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #725
newfan
Mad Scientist

I like the part where Adam just summons the power with his hand.

I'm guessing the Sorceress is dead seen as Teela takes up the role?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:44 AM   #726
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I like the part where Adam just summons the power with his hand.
Virtually every 80s kid who could not afford a power sword
Old 10-27-2021, 11:26 AM   #727
neatoman
Emperor

Duncan has seen enough hentai to know where his torture is going...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:42 AM   #728
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Duncan has seen enough hentai to know where his torture is going...

oh geeze man....

As to the trailer, it definitely looks visually amazing for sure!
Old 10-27-2021, 03:26 PM   #729
Galactus
Foot Elite

I liked the first half a lot. Tons of fan service for the Filmation series, the Marvel comic series, the classic and classics toyline and a decent story. Pity that peoples idiotic paranoia about culture wars distracted them from all that. It looks like part II has got even more of the above but there's one part that bothers me; Adam has only really had one story and that's his desire to prove himself as Adam and not as He-Man. I think Adam proving himself a capable fighter, tactician, leader and wresting the sword away from Skeletor in the latter half would have a more fitting journey for the character imo.

Going slightly Thor: Ragnarok that he didn't need the sword the power was within him all along is fine I guess but I don't know why he has to change into Hulk-He-Man to do it. Also if the power was within him all along how is Skeletor using it.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:10 PM   #730
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Going slightly Thor: Ragnarok that he didn't need the sword the power was within him all along is fine I guess but I don't know why he has to change into Hulk-He-Man to do it. Also if the power was within him all along how is Skeletor using it.
Kevin Smith definitely ripped off Thor Ragnarok with that nugget.
Old 10-27-2021, 05:35 PM   #731
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

As long as the trailer is going to be the feel of the latter half, it may be good. I would really hate for the trailer to be deceptive again.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:43 AM   #732
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I liked the first half a lot. Tons of fan service for the Filmation series, the Marvel comic series, the classic and classics toyline and a decent story. Pity that peoples idiotic paranoia about culture wars distracted them from all that.
People's problems with the first half were more to do with their perception Smith had 'lied' to them as well as the problematic writing and unlikeable lead. You can take or leave how one feels about 'the agenda', but there are many great examples of being able to get away with "woke s*it" if the characters are approvable. Teela simply wasn't, and she didn't 'chill' at all throughout those first five episodes. Evil-Lyn was more approachable in that first half, even though she has that "you can't fix men" speech (but hey, the key to that is the villain says it about an abusive relationship with a legitimate asshole), the only real way you can approach Teela lashing out at Adam in the afterlife is if she really wanted his d*ck and was denied it for several years.

I also don't think throwing in all the more nonsensical lore of every facet of the franchise, toyline, comics etc, makes for a coherent narrative at the end of the day, and could well jeopardize this one. Changing Skeletor's Keldor origin in the comic to the more micro-comics faithful "skeleton being from another dimension" didn't go down very well with the critics either.

Ultimately, I'd have maybe liked to have had this be a thirteen episode season, with the first five stories of the comic book that came out over the summer condensed into a tight three-parter.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:07 AM   #733
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Good take on the failures of Teela in the series.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:17 PM   #734
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Virtually every 80s kid who could not afford a power sword
Yeah man! I had like.... a wooden pirate sword thingy...
Old 10-29-2021, 04:06 PM   #735
Leo656
The Franchise

I had a really neat glow-in-the-dark sword I got from Six Flags. For some reason most stores around here never had the "real" roleplay Power Swords.

I did have a light-up battery-powered one but it broke. Bummer. Wasn't a huge fan of it to begin with since it was black and yellow, and even as a little kid I was nitpicky about the details. "That's not what his sword looks like!"

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 05:33 PM   #736
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I had a really neat glow-in-the-dark sword I got from Six Flags. For some reason most stores around here never had the "real" roleplay Power Swords.

I did have a light-up battery-powered one but it broke. Bummer. Wasn't a huge fan of it to begin with since it was black and yellow, and even as a little kid I was nitpicky about the details. "That's not what his sword looks like!"
I think back then all toy swords either came from Six Flags or from the Renaissance Fare.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:02 AM   #737
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Renn swords are nice. If you have some artistic sculpting talent making yourself a boffer power sword wouldn't be too difficult.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:07 AM   #738
Leo656
The Franchise

After a while I just settled for getting whatever "close enough" swords they had at Toys R Us in the "random crap" aisle. You 'member, they always had one big aisle for all the toys that weren't name brand stuff. Like generic "Laser Swords" that were like dollar-store lightsabers and cheap-o "Army Soldier" roleplay kits. They'd occasionally have some nice-looking toy swords. I still have a few floating around.

Course, now I have the not-officially-licensed-but-looks-awesome-and-I-can-legit-kill-someone-with-it stainless steel Power Sword replica my wife got me a couple years ago (before they announced the "official" $600 one recently), so I don't have any need for old toy swords. But I hang onto 'em, because I just think they're neat.

I also have the 200X sound effects toy Power Sword they put out back in '02. I seen that thing on eBay for a couple'a hundred bucks recently. Glad I got mine when I did, even though I don't especially like the 200X Power Sword. Too clunky for me. BUT, it's MOTU memorabilia and apparently is pretty rare nowadays. So good for me.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 11:12 AM   #739
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Also if the power was within him all along how is Skeletor using it.
One individual doesn't necessarily get all of Grayskull's power by default. If He-Man had gotten all of it, there would be none left for She-Ra. Filmation had the "Taking of Grayskull" episode, where He-Man had to request all of the castle's power, in addition to what he had already.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 11:46 AM   #740
newfan
Mad Scientist

Just thinking about it, I kinda like that he isn't just regular Adam should the sword be taken/missing/broken, thinking from the view of him being 'chosen'. Though obviously we want He-Man to still have the sword at the end. Hopefully it will be explained more.

Last edited by newfan; 10-30-2021 at 01:51 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote