The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-26-2022, 08:44 PM   #481
Powder
So tired of this place

We'll have a release date tomorrow, I believe.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 08:34 AM   #482
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
We'll have a release date tomorrow, I believe.
You were right - release date is August 5th
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 10:40 AM   #483
CyberCubed
Overlord

How did powder have this inside information? I can only imagine the connections.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:29 AM   #484
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

This movie comes out 3 days before I last visited this site, almost feels like fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Paling in comparison, I'm surprised they'd even put it up alongside 2012 and simultaneously. Are they trying to remind people Rise was largely unable to hold a candle to its predecessor? (Let alone afford one from Dollar Tree after those lousy toy sale profits.)
Oh yeah because how could Rise hold a candle to 12's poor pacing, underdeveloped supporting cast and villains, plots points that are dropped, abysmal treatment of female characters, god awful shipping that doesn't led anywhere, truly the magnus opus of TMNT media.
Old 04-27-2022, 11:37 AM   #485
Leo656
The Franchise

I thought both shows were bad. I win.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:33 PM   #486
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Shall we take bets on how many Rise fans that were kids at the time/still are, i.e. the ones that wouldn't have access to this site/Twitter for information, that'll actually watch the movie. Could be a big cash loss for Nick
Old 04-27-2022, 01:23 PM   #487
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
You were right - release date is August 5th
Quote:
Maybe they've bumped it to summer again, when the kids are out of school and have time to be bored enough.
I'll take my cookie prize now please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Oh yeah because how could Rise hold a candle to 12's poor pacing, underdeveloped supporting cast and villains, plots points that are dropped, abysmal treatment of female characters, god awful shipping that doesn't led anywhere, truly the magnus opus of TMNT media.
Who said 2012 has to be perfect, considering how low bar Rise aimed for, it didn't have to be.

The (animated) magnum opus is still obviously 2003 (minus late seasons), and forget candle, that's a wet, used match situation.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:24 PM   #488
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
Shall we take bets on how many Rise fans that were kids at the time/still are, i.e. the ones that wouldn't have access to this site/Twitter for information, that'll actually watch the movie. Could be a big cash loss for Nick
This doesn't exactly strike me as "expensive" to make.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 02:13 PM   #489
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Who said 2012 has to be perfect, considering how low bar Rise aimed for, it didn't have to be.
You don't aim for the "bar" you raise it or lower it, if you're going to use a common phrase then at least use it correctly.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 02:21 PM   #490
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm not sure a Rise apologist has any sort of moral high ground from which to be pedantic.

Old 04-27-2022, 02:53 PM   #491
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

But... Rise aimed for the low bar and hit its head on it? Bar was too low to avoid the collision.
Old 04-27-2022, 03:40 PM   #492
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'm not sure a Rise apologist has any sort of moral high ground from which to be pedantic.
What do you mean "moral" last time I checked Rise didn't commit a war crime, maybe you meant artistic or intellectual?

Quote:
But... Rise aimed for the low bar and hit its head on it? Bar was too low to avoid the collision.
Wow that's interesting still not how the phrase works. I don't get you people most of you are in your 40s or at least pushing it, yet for some reason still misuse common phrases and words.
Old 04-27-2022, 04:54 PM   #493
Groverman62
Foot Soldier

What exactly was the issue with show? It being different or was there something genuinely bad there
Groverman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 05:05 PM   #494
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groverman62 View Post
What exactly was the issue with show? It being different or was there something genuinely bad there
It was too different? Now to me 2003 series was the right amount of different.

So, wait do we have an official release date than? I’m confused.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 05:06 PM   #495
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
I’m still just waiting to see this versions of Leo’s leadership skills, that’s the only reason why I’m interested in this thing.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 05:30 PM   #496
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Different can be interesting choices, or it can be stupid/crappy choices. Personally, I saw far more of the latter.

And it bombed so... I can't exactly assume I'm just some minority "rose colored glasses" meanie for feeling that way. I'm open to new stuff as far as stories go and variations on design if they look good (I don't care for this art style or the anime-like animation in places, sorry), but as far as effing with the Turtles and just making most of the episodes BS... nah, no thanks, I don't enjoy seeing them shoehorned into being like any other brainless Spongebob-like Nicktoon made to be all flashy colors and obnoxiousness to entertain 6-year-olds for 10 mins. Heck, even the kids weren't on board with it, as the actual target audience, else it wouldn't have gotten canceled and mid second season.

I mean, if some adult fans like it, to each there own, more power to you then, I hope the movie at least gives it a good send off for you. But defending a show that bombed from negative comments... a bit futile and like defending Next Mutation.

Largely my own interest is in the darn thing just finally coming out so Rise can move on into the past and maybe we can get some other stuff next that is more universally enjoyed.

Quote:
Wow that's interesting still not how the phrase works. I don't get you people most of you are in your 40s or at least pushing it, yet for some reason still misuse common phrases and words.
And some apparently get touchy and nitpicky about weird things and go all grammar figure of speed Nazi over stuff when...I guess needing to fight someone else having an opinion they don't share?
Old 04-27-2022, 05:34 PM   #497
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Now to me 2003 series was the right amount of different.
... Kind of a weird statement considering it's the only one of the cartoons to adapt comic book stories for more than 20 episodes, ain't it? And to say the 2012 show had 20 episodes based on comic book stories is a generous estimate based on a loose standard of what qualifies as an adaptation. About half the episodes from the first four seasons of the 2003 show were clear adaptions (despite what Andrew might say), so about 40-50.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 06:40 PM   #498
Groverman62
Foot Soldier

I mean its not like this is first time a show people liked got screwed over and ended to early.

Invader Zim, Spectacular Spidey, Clone High, Any action show on Cartoon Network post 2010....
Groverman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:07 PM   #499
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Different can be interesting choices, or it can be stupid/crappy choices. Personally, I saw far more of the latter.

And it bombed so... I can't exactly assume I'm just some minority "rose colored glasses" meanie for feeling that way. I'm open to new stuff as far as stories go and variations on design if they look good (I don't care for this art style or the anime-like animation in places, sorry), but as far as effing with the Turtles and just making most of the episodes BS... nah, no thanks, I don't enjoy seeing them shoehorned into being like any other brainless Spongebob-like Nicktoon made to be all flashy colors and obnoxiousness to entertain 6-year-olds for 10 mins. Heck, even the kids weren't on board with it, as the actual target audience, else it wouldn't have gotten canceled and mid second season.

I mean, if some adult fans like it, to each there own, more power to you then, I hope the movie at least gives it a good send off for you. But defending a show that bombed from negative comments... a bit futile and like defending Next Mutation.

Largely my own interest is in the darn thing just finally coming out so Rise can move on into the past and maybe we can get some other stuff next that is more universally enjoyed.
You know there are tons of shows that are critically acclaimed that didn't do well financially right? I know you being raised by toy commercials that's probably alien to you but I assure you it does happen. For a person who doesn't like seeing this show you do talk about it whenever you have the opportunity to do so which is fine but whenever someone reply to one of your criticism you always sperg out and act like they are trying to attack you.

Quote:
And some apparently get touchy and nitpicky about weird things and go all grammar figure of speed Nazi over stuff when...I guess needing to fight someone else having an opinion they don't share?
At this point whether you like the cartoon or not is irrelevant, it's more along the lines of you not knowing how to use most words or phrases correctly.

Quote:
figure of speed
Case in point

Last edited by PApagreg; 04-27-2022 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2022, 02:03 AM   #500
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
What do you mean "moral" last time I checked Rise didn't commit a war crime
A hate crime would be more apt.