The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
the fixer
Hench Mutant

Original movies props/costumes whereabouts?

I was wondering what has happened with the screen-used props and costumes from the original three movies, especially the first one.

Not a lot is accounted for after all these years, at least not to my knowledge...

I know that someone has a restored movie one Leonardo hero suit (http://www.originalprop.com/blog/200...e-restoration/) and Miss Ivey owns a movie III animatronic head (Mikey I believe)...

Does anyone of you guys and guys what happened to the rest?
And if by chance any of you own a prop or costume, could you please post pictures of it? I'd love to see them!

cheers,

Cliff
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Peter Laird owns a Donny stunt suit, ( Worn by Ernie Reyes Jr.) from the first movie. And Kevin Eastman Recieved the Raphael stunt suit. Cant find a pic of that tho.

Here peter's suit:

Someone did make a thread a while back because they owned a Foot mask prop.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
the fixer
Hench Mutant

Ah, coooool! I didn't know that!
Thanks a million for the info and the pic, Sam!

the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

Archon_Turtle (Stephan) owns the animatronic Splinter from the flashbacks when he found the turtles in the sewer and biting/clawing Oroku Saki from the first Turtle movie.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
Archon_Turtle (Stephan) owns the animatronic Splinter from the flashbacks when he found the turtles in the sewer and biting/clawing Oroku Saki from the first Turtle movie.
How could I forget that! Doh!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #6
agliarept
Hench Mutant

I got this. still not too sure where its from. Over at the RPF there saying it might be from 3, but i still have my doubts of where this is from. cheers.

agliarept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #7
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Not from a movie, I dont think. Looks very Tmnt 2ish to me tho. Bandana has most likely been replaced. Plus it isnt falling apart, lol. But who knows.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

The Leo which is shown at the beginning of this thread is a stunt suit re-store. The Raph that Kevin has is in not very good shape. We shot what was left of it for the doc. We also shot some footage of Pete's Don head. As far as original Hero suits there are two heads left, both are hidden deep in storage in the UK. We have a chance to shoot them for the doc, but it will cost a lot of money just to see them, so we are crossing our figures for now and it is not likely we can find the cash to get them shipped. They are the last two (as far as we know) for Hero heads, one has whats left of the skin the other does not. This is a real shame as this technology was invented for this movie, so it would be cool to document the actual mechanics of these amazing creature effects.
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
agliarept
Hench Mutant

do you remember what was the version of the hero head left? I mean, what turtle is it? would be great to see that after so many years.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #10
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
The Leo which is shown at the beginning of this thread is a stunt suit re-store. The Raph that Kevin has is in not very good shape. We shot what was left of it for the doc. We also shot some footage of Pete's Don head. As far as original Hero suits there are two heads left, both are hidden deep in storage in the UK. We have a chance to shoot them for the doc, but it will cost a lot of money just to see them, so we are crossing our figures for now and it is not likely we can find the cash to get them shipped. They are the last two (as far as we know) for Hero heads, one has whats left of the skin the other does not. This is a real shame as this technology was invented for this movie, so it would be cool to document the actual mechanics of these amazing creature effects.
Damn I wanna see some of that footage! When can we get an update?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Updates coming by the summer I hope. We want to push all new web content, new site, new trailers and maybe sneak peak stuff. But we have to go through the proper channels. We asked if people would help by donating to see these hero heads come over for a full documentation, but it was to late and could not happen in time. There is a possibility that this could happen again. But we shall see.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #12
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

^^^

Good to hear. I think what you guys are doing is awesome and I really look forward to seeing more stuff.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
jalexbrown
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Updates coming by the summer I hope. We want to push all new web content, new site, new trailers and maybe sneak peak stuff. But we have to go through the proper channels. We asked if people would help by donating to see these hero heads come over for a full documentation, but it was to late and could not happen in time. There is a possibility that this could happen again. But we shall see.
I'm honestly not very up-to-date on what you guys have been working on, but I've thought for years and years and years - probably since 2002 or 2003 - that the TMNT fanbase was the perfect sort of cult fanbase that would be the perfect focus for a documentary. The history of the property is incredibly rich, and the fanbase is very avid and dedicated to it. It really is, perhaps, perfect documentary subject matter.
jalexbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #14
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
I didn't know that about Archon. That's pretty sweet.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:54 AM   #15
agliarept
Hench Mutant

i've always wondered about what happened to the original weapons used in the first film. I remember reading that the actor who played Michaelangelo got to keep one of his nunchukus after filming. would def love to see some of that stuff one day.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #16
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalexbrown View Post
I'm honestly not very up-to-date on what you guys have been working on, but I've thought for years and years and years - probably since 2002 or 2003 - that the TMNT fanbase was the perfect sort of cult fanbase that would be the perfect focus for a documentary. The history of the property is incredibly rich, and the fanbase is very avid and dedicated to it. It really is, perhaps, perfect documentary subject matter.
Thanks bro! It is good to know people are still interested in this. I often feel bad that I can't really show or say anything right now. I read many threads on here and say nothing, well truth be told there often isn't much to be said. The doc has been a focus of ours for the past year and a bit, since the buy out we have been in holding pattern. That said there is a definitive light at the end of the tunnel, we have some pretty sweet executive producers. I think we all know we will be waiting for anything Turtles for a while. We have focused on the incredibly rich history as you say, our journey has taken us to some pretty crazy places and we've met some amazing people. Someday soon we will be able to share this with all of you! I will try to get my hands on more first movie props, but we do have a few so that is cool!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #17
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Quote:
Thanks bro! It is good to know people are still interested in this. I often feel bad that I can't really show or say anything right now. I read many threads on here and say nothing, well truth be told there often isn't much to be said. The doc has been a focus of ours for the past year and a bit, since the buy out we have been in holding pattern. That said there is a definitive light at the end of the tunnel, we have some pretty sweet executive producers. I think we all know we will be waiting for anything Turtles for a while. We have focused on the incredibly rich history as you say, our journey has taken us to some pretty crazy places and we've met some amazing people. Someday soon we will be able to share this with all of you! I will try to get my hands on more first movie props, but we do have a few so that is cool!
Hope to be here when you release/share all that, Im sure its going to be amazing cool stuff !!!! I cant wait knowing a bit more!!!
This thread is very interesting to me....I never heard about this subject before !! and I like a lot!

Pleeeeease Archon_Turtle....a pic of your Splinter animatronic!!! Pleeeeaseee!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #18
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
No doubt . People are very excited to see this. Keep up the great work and hopefully sometime in the near future we can all enjoy watching it.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #19
Kendamu
Sewerhead

I know that a long while back someone was selling actual prop TCRI canisters. I wasn't able to grab one, though.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #20
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

As Requested:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nter%20Puppet/
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote