Notices

Old 03-25-2022, 10:38 PM   #181
MattOnWheels
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
so·ci·o·path
noun
a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

nar·cis·sist
noun
a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves

....Math checks out.

I'm also baffled as to how I can say out loud, "The only person whose opinions I hold in any esteem are my own" and you turn around and accuse me of "not respecting myself". How I can say "The only one I have any actual respect for is Me" and you can get the literal opposite meaning from that statement, I have no idea.

Do I need to make my wife reactivate her old account just so she can come in here and testify that I'm actually way worse in Real Life than I am here? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants that.

Look, Lefties and Libbies are somehow conditioned to think that deep down everybody is secretly a "good person". That's their prerogative.

But that simply isn't true. It just isn't.

Believe what you want, I guess. It's just... bizarre.
Well, at least this post is more believable than the cartoon supervillain diatribe you were on a while ago. C'mon now.

And for the record, what I said about respecting yourself was meant not for anything you said in this particular thread. Sorry about the confusion.
MattOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 12:11 AM   #182
Leo656
The Franchise

I need to apologize to red for not recognizing that he was the person who'd mentioned having suffered brain damage. I Edited my previous insulting statement upon realization of who I'd been speaking to. In the heat of the moment I wasn't really paying attention. Sorry about that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 01:06 AM   #183
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I need to apologize to red for not recognizing that he was the person who'd mentioned having suffered brain damage. I Edited my previous insulting statement upon realization of who I'd been speaking to. In the heat of the moment I wasn't really paying attention. Sorry about that.
This marks the day that kayfabe died.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 07:44 AM   #184
AquaParade
Banned

Hmm. MattOnWheels, I like how you conduct yourself as an adult. I don’t see your username a lot but I’m glad you’re here.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 08:03 AM   #185
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Don't bother trying to reason with these people. It's like taking a blind man to an art exhibit, they just won't see it.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 02:24 PM   #186
Leo656
The Franchise

Eh, the guy has literal brain damage and it's not his fault he types the way he does so by even my standards what I said in reply to him was a bit of a cheap shot.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 04:03 PM   #187
MattOnWheels
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Hmm. MattOnWheels, I like how you conduct yourself as an adult. I don’t see your username a lot but I’m glad you’re here.
Thank you. That means a lot. In online fandoms it's so easy to feel like your side is the one who's the victim, and I certainly am very familiar with the opinions of both sides in this debate. The aging fan that thinks the new keepers of what they love are ruining it. The younger fans thinking those complaining are bitching just to bitch...but the truth is, it's really a mix of both and both sides are doing what they accuse each other of doing. It all comes down to a lack of communication. People need to realize there are just other views than their own, and neither one really is trying to ruin each other. They just want the freedom to exist and feel valid. It's a basic human need, and because of that, we tend to feel threatened at things that are different than what we're used to.

It's like what was the mob sang in Beauty and the Beast: "We don't like what we don't understand - In fact, it scares us."

We must correct this truth if we want to stop the antagonism. The sad part is, it requires people to listen, and that's still something that at present is, for too many, much too difficult a task.

I don't think anyone here is a bad person for what they believe, but i think some of their views can be greatly broadened if they open thier minds a little more. It's not always the easiest thing, but i find the less tightly you cling to one side over another, the more you find out that the enemy you were fearing isn't nearly as malicious as you think.
MattOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 04:49 PM   #188
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Wasn’t one of the early complaints was that she had “Dyke hair?”
I don’t remember seeing that but it might have been. That being said, if people are going to use her haircut as evidence that she’s always been bi, that’s a reach.
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 05:07 PM   #189
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
I don’t remember seeing that but it might have been. That being said, if people are going to use her haircut as evidence that she’s always been bi, that’s a reach.
To be fair though, long hair in battle is a liability, so we can't really blame Jennika for having short hair. Even Karai has short-ish hair, just big bangs. And also, assuming Jennika was supposed to be a regular Foot Ninja, mask and all, the less she has to tie back or whatever to put the mask on, the better.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 05:18 PM   #190
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

Very behind on the series, haven't been reading it consistently for over a year. The run from issue 1 to 100 spoiled me. Really loved Sophie's art early on in the volume, but the writing is going in circles.

Still hope the series goes farther but been contemplating dropping it off the pull list for awhile now.

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 07:48 PM   #191
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
"Get Woke, Go Broke" but nobody wants to hear it.
this guy gets it
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote