The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-23-2022, 11:58 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOnWheels View Post
You got to admire the dedication. They wrote journal updates for each of the four of them. Leo had one in which he talked about the impact of 9/11 and stated they still light candles in the sewer every year on that day. I thought that was such a nice touch and a great commitment to making them seem real.
Reminded me of when Guy Gardner used to answer his own mail in the comics. Little touches like that are always appreciated.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:15 AM   #42
MattOnWheels
Thug

Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if the CGI Miniseries ever came out. Back in the day, it seemed like that was the big thing fans were excited for before TMNT '03 when i looked in the older news sections at the time.
MattOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:42 AM   #43
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if the CGI Miniseries ever came out. Back in the day, it seemed like that was the big thing fans were excited for before TMNT '03 when i looked in the older news sections at the time.
If you're referring to the cancelled CG pitch from 2001, I liked the direction they were going with the tone and character choices but that animation was rough. It probably would've been cancelled anyway,

LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:19 PM   #44
MattOnWheels
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
If you're referring to the cancelled CG pitch from 2001, I liked the direction they were going with the tone and character choices but that animation was rough. It probably would've been cancelled anyway,

Now see, here's the thing: I know that footage exists, but I could also swear there was supposed to be either a movie or a mini series of this style as well, and from what I remember, there was a script being floated around where Splinter "Plays an almost key role" and the rumor was he was going to die in the end. Was that this?
Old 03-24-2022, 11:23 PM   #45
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
You got to admire the dedication. They wrote journal updates for each of the four of them. Leo had one in which he talked about the impact of 9/11 and stated they still light candles in the sewer every year on that day. I thought that was such a nice touch and a great commitment to making them seem real.
I'm glad they didn't get carried away and have Shredder send condolences, cause what would he care, lol.

Though I could see Season 3 2K3 Oroku Saki taking advantage of this by donating to charities and making big speeches and whatnot to buy favor with the city.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:46 PM   #46
MattOnWheels
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'm glad they didn't get carried away and have Shredder send condolences, cause what would he care, lol.

Though I could see Season 3 2K3 Oroku Saki taking advantage of this by donating to charities and making big speeches and whatnot to buy favor with the city.
Baxter, too!
Old 03-25-2022, 12:22 AM   #47
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Baxter, too!
I'm not 100% sure but wasn't one of Mirage Baxter's plans to also have the Twin Towers go down due to the Mousers chewing up their foundations?

I don't know... the Twin Towers have been used in so many fictional villains cartoon plans that it might have been our downfall. Bin Laden must have binge-watched a bunch of American movies and thought 'Ahhh So THAT'S how we hurt them!"

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 12:58 AM   #48
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
That and the KidsWB version. I actually really liked the Turtle designs in the WB concept and still wish they'd do another series where they resemble their original comic book designs. They're distinct enough from other iterations without overly designing them like Rise and BayTurtles did.

But at the end of the day, 2k3 was honestly the best possible route TMNT could have gone in during that era. It's amazing how much that show was just such a perfect storm that couldn't be replicated today. The only other shot they have at another big TMNT cartoon is if they did a similar "adaptation" but for the IDW series and even that would be a long shot unless handled perfectly.

The one thing that still eludes me though is this one CGI video that I remember floating around in like 2001 or 2002 of Raphael running from a Mouser to Rob Zombie's Dragula. Never understood what the deal was with that, especially after learning about that CGI pitch that came out around the same time and the WB version. What relation did all these projects have and how did 2k3 come about so quickly?

Also, that Rob Zombie video was pulled from YouTube a couple to a few years ago and now I can't find it anywhere. I'm guessing due to copyright issues with the song, but who made it initially and what was its purpose?
Old 03-25-2022, 01:49 AM   #49
MattOnWheels
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
That and the KidsWB version. I actually really liked the Turtle designs in the WB concept and still wish they'd do another series where they resemble their original comic book designs. They're distinct enough from other iterations without overly designing them like Rise and BayTurtles did.

But at the end of the day, 2k3 was honestly the best possible route TMNT could have gone in during that era. It's amazing how much that show was just such a perfect storm that couldn't be replicated today. The only other shot they have at another big TMNT cartoon is if they did a similar "adaptation" but for the IDW series and even that would be a long shot unless handled perfectly.

The one thing that still eludes me though is this one CGI video that I remember floating around in like 2001 or 2002 of Raphael running from a Mouser to Rob Zombie's Dragula. Never understood what the deal was with that, especially after learning about that CGI pitch that came out around the same time and the WB version. What relation did all these projects have and how did 2k3 come about so quickly?

Also, that Rob Zombie video was pulled from YouTube a couple to a few years ago and now I can't find it anywhere. I'm guessing due to copyright issues with the song, but who made it initially and what was its purpose?
I dunno. 2012 had flaws but i think it did slright. It certainly created a LOT of new fans when it was on.

I've said it before, but i think Rise even had it's own nice little spot too. I don't doubt we'll have a good new one in a few years. Something like the intro to the new game would be SWEET...
Old 03-25-2022, 01:01 PM   #50
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
T...making big speeches and whatnot to buy favor with the city.
At least then Eric Sacks would have seemed vaguely inspired by something instead of a random idea pulled from PD's collective behind.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 01:08 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I originally postulated that Eric Sachs would be the vessel for Krang. Or that he would become such in movie #2.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 05:14 PM   #52
red1981
Random Punk

is it too much to ask for a second tmnt movie based on the 07 movie
red1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 05:28 PM   #53
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1981 View Post
Do you mean a direct sequel to the 2007 movie or a remake of the 2007 movie?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 05:45 PM   #54
red1981
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Do you mean a direct sequel to the 2007 movie or a remake of the 2007 movie?
i should have said direct sequel, they can bring back shredder
red1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 05:50 PM   #55
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1981 View Post
At this point, I don’t see it happening, if that’s what you mean. It gets a lot of love from the people who remember it, but it didn’t leave a strong mark on the franchise.

Personally, I found the story to be pretty dull, but I liked the atmosphere and world they created, so I would have given a sequel a chance. You probably know this already, but Imagi was interested in doing a sequel and made a concept poster which showcased Mikey amongst his three brothers, who had devolved back into normal turtles. There was a silhouette of Shredder in the background.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 06:47 PM   #56
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The animation of that film is so superb, even by 2022 standard. The rain and lighting during that Leo and Raph fight is downright gorgeous.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 07:12 PM   #57
neatoman
Emperor

A sequel to the 2007 movie is obviously not going to happen. Paramount making a billion things relating back to the Fred Wolf cartoon makes some sense, they may not own the rights to it but having once been the biggest version of the TMNT, it makes sense that they still think it's worth trying to cash in on. The 2007 movie wasn't that notable and I don't think Paramount are interested in continuing something owned by WB. The best I think might happen is that some guy at IDW is a superfan of the movie pleads his way into writing a sequel comic book, though even that seems somewhat unlikely. Maybe some concepts originating in that movie (Nightwatcher, the Thirteen Monsters, Mr Winters, etc) end up worming their way into versions of the franchise but after 15 and best so far is BttS doing some redesigns for mild synergy, I'm not seeing any rush to make that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The animation of that film is so superb, even by 2022 standard. The rain and lighting during that Leo and Raph fight is downright gorgeous.
It is very well directed and ambitious, I'll give the animation that. The CGI itself though is... Rough. In every single one of thei movies, Imagi's models always looked slightly below professional. Clearly not trashy models or amateurish ones, but just noticeably below what you'd expect from any other studio making theatrical movies.
Hahahaha!
Old 03-27-2022, 11:13 PM   #58
MattOnWheels
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
At this point, I don’t see it happening, if that’s what you mean. It gets a lot of love from the people who remember it, but it didn’t leave a strong mark on the franchise.

Personally, I found the story to be pretty dull, but I liked the atmosphere and world they created, so I would have given a sequel a chance. You probably know this already, but Imagi was interested in doing a sequel and made a concept poster which showcased Mikey amongst his three brothers, who had devolved back into normal turtles. There was a silhouette of Shredder in the background.
Now THAT sounds awesome. A movie focused on Mikey, the youngest, having to mature enough to save his brothers all by himself, That's actually a fun concept.

__

On another note: I've been coming up with my own dumb-ass fan theories as to where the turtles get their cravings for Pizza in the FW universe. At one point in the Eye Of Sarnoth Arc, Leo says "Ice cream?! Yuck!" If i'm correct - now, i know it's just a joke regarding the fact they're pizza addicts, but i think there's an avenue for interesting concepts here, so here we go: If we take that into account and combine it with the fact they like such strange toppings on their pizzas, perhaps we can make the argument that not only are their bodies mutated, but their taste buds are as well. Maybe their whole diet was attuned to require things that human bodies would reject, such as most of the pizzas they like. That would explain why they dob't even like "Normal" junk food.

An alternate theory would be that they've just been raised in the sewer so long prior to meeting April that pizza is the only method they're used to concerning eating food. In the first season of FW, they don't know why the humans do what they do. So maybe the concept of eating things that aren't pizza is just that foreign to them. Though I can't imagine splinter hadn't ever tried to show them other foods...
Old 03-28-2022, 02:39 AM   #59
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Given how they handle Mike these days, I'd only want one if it's based on The Last Ronin.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 05:27 AM   #60
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
On another note: I've been coming up with my own dumb-ass fan theories as to where the turtles get their cravings for Pizza in the FW universe. At one point in the Eye Of Sarnoth Arc, Leo says "Ice cream?! Yuck!" If i'm correct - now, i know it's just a joke regarding the fact they're pizza addicts, but i think there's an avenue for interesting concepts here, so here we go: If we take that into account and combine it with the fact they like such strange toppings on their pizzas, perhaps we can make the argument that not only are their bodies mutated, but their taste buds are as well. Maybe their whole diet was attuned to require things that human bodies would reject, such as most of the pizzas they like. That would explain why they dob't even like "Normal" junk food.

An alternate theory would be that they've just been raised in the sewer so long prior to meeting April that pizza is the only method they're used to concerning eating food. In the first season of FW, they don't know why the humans do what they do. So maybe the concept of eating things that aren't pizza is just that foreign to them. Though I can't imagine splinter hadn't ever tried to show them other foods...
Personally, much like how the show made the Foot Clan robots to adhere to SAP, I always thought pizza was a child-friendly substitute for... Well...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Hahahaha!