hypered1
Mad Scientist

TMNT 127 preview and discussion

First pages:

Spoiler:
Old 03-30-2022, 12:08 PM   #2
Allio
Foot Elite

I know some people here are going to tear apart that “meeting” scene, but I do like that Raphael is at least trying to follow the law when he can. I mean it is a step up from his typical “jump into everything head first and hope not to die” attitude. At least Donatello, for all intent and purpose, acting like a decoy works.

And opinions on “turtles should/shouldn’t wear clothes” aside there should be a more defining color trait at least to divide which turtle is which - it gets Mirage level of bad at telling them apart, probably even worse as Leo was wearing Red colors. Donnie at least has the right idea with the mask around his neck.

Honestly liked the issue.

Cue the theories on “Ghost Writing”

Last edited by Allio; 03-30-2022 at 12:17 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:09 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I know some people here are going to tear apart that “meeting” scene, but I do like that Raphael is at least trying to follow the law when he can
What's this? The Turtles follow the law now?

Quote:
And opinions on “turtles should/shouldn’t wear clothes” aside there should be a more defining color trait at least to divide which turtle is which - it gets Mirage level of bad
Mirage level of what?

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:10 PM   #4
hypered1
Mad Scientist

The last few pages were pretty tense and kinda tease some stuff for the upcoming FCBD issue.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:13 PM   #5
red1981
Random Punk

good issue i dont like the art much
red1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:15 PM   #6
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Mirage level of what?
I believe he's referring to it being a bit tricky working out which turtle is which when they aren't wearing their bandannas although their differing skin tones do help.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:26 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
I believe he's referring to it being a bit tricky working out which turtle is which when they aren't wearing their bandannas although their differing skin tones do help.
Oh that again? Even though -- again -- no one can ever point to any panels where it's remotely confusing.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:31 PM   #8
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oh that again? Even though -- again -- no one can ever point to any panels where it's remotely confusing.
To be fair just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it's easy for everyone.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:32 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
To be fair just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it's easy for everyone.
"To be fair" would be at least someone within the "everyone" who can point to some panels where it's confusing. Nobody has/can.
Old 03-30-2022, 01:25 PM   #10
Sharman
Foot Soldier

I'll be honest - the only thing that confuses me a little is the colors.
This is, no doubt, due to my color-blindess but some colors seem rather similar at times (e.g. orange/yellow and blue/purple).
However, for the most part, the context of the dialogue/script tends to remedy this situation for me in due course.

As for the issue itself; I'm excited to see it descending into dark, scary corners as the comic progresses. Maybe it's just me but I do love the darker stuff.
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 01:58 PM   #11
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

It's never been confusing to me.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 02:03 PM   #12
red1981
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharman View Post
I'll be honest - the only thing that confuses me a little is the colors.
This is, no doubt, due to my color-blindess but some colors seem rather similar at times (e.g. orange/yellow and blue/purple).
However, for the most part, the context of the dialogue/script tends to remedy this situation for me in due course.

As for the issue itself; I'm excited to see it descending into dark, scary corners as the comic progresses. Maybe it's just me but I do love the darker stuff.
i like the dark story but the art could be better i think
Old 03-30-2022, 02:09 PM   #13
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

I think the art is fine but I still don't understand why people are drawing Alopex mask-less after she got the blue mask. Pretty sure that was implied to be a permanent feature.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 03:47 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

This was a pretty interesting issue with both the Utrom/Triceraton plot continuing and Dr. Barlow and his frankenstein mutants are an interesting idea. Now it makes sense why Groundchuck always looked half metal/robotic when the original cartoon never explained that.

Also it does feel like the writing isn't Sophie's usual work, so this is very likely being co-written by someone.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 04:04 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I perused the issue a little bit. Not bad. It has a good sense of atmosphere, at least surrounding the creepy doctor.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:26 PM   #16
neatoman
Emperor

So... Uh... Barlow is the Rat King in disguise or his puppet, right? He clearly seems like he mutated into a rat and has two rat servants. Not to mention how he is somehow able to tap into the mystical nature of the Dragon. I don't really feel like putting this in spoilers, it seems kind of obvious that there is some connection. If it doesn't turn out there is one, it would certainly be a red herring.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 04:35 PM   #17
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So... Uh... Barlow is the Rat King in disguise or his puppet, right? He clearly seems like he mutated into a rat and has two rat servants. Not to mention how he is somehow able to tap into the mystical nature of the Dragon. I don't really feel like putting this in spoilers, it seems kind of obvious that there is some connection. If it doesn't turn out there is one, it would certainly be a red herring.
On page 16 Barlow states that he's a mouse, but I do have my suspicions too.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:42 PM   #18
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
You know, I'd clued in to this right after the solicits/art that showed the pieces of the Dragon animating Venus were released, because a) how would a regular surgeon know or be able to pull that off?, b) he looks like a Mini-Me version of Rat King, and c) we know Barlow's shenanigans lead into the Armageddon Game.

I meant to bring that up here before this issue came out but personal circumstances didn't allow for it. Not even for a quick review of the issue as per usual. So the rat servants thing went over my head completely until you brought it up, but I'll be damned if the gun isn't smoking even harder now...

Of course, we have no idea who he was on the phone with, so that person's identity could still provide an explanation for everything and make Barlow's similaritues to RK nothing more than a red herring.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:33 PM   #19
red1981
Random Punk

the story seems to be leading to a dark place
Old 03-30-2022, 10:04 PM   #20
mrmaczaps
Banned

This book continues to suck and this issue went DARK and not in a good way. The art sucked. Both a & b covers are terrible and that last page... I got no good words for this book. Hope for cancellation & move on.

The annual was decent though.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote