The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
snake
Disgusting

Any Star Wars collectors?

Does anyone here collect Star Wars figures? It's one of my favorite toy-lines, and I have 200+ figures.
So, does anyone else collect them?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
Half Sh3ll Hero
Foot Soldier

Yeah bro! I have the 86' Kenner Obi Wan, Tatooine Short Robe Luke and Ceremonial Gear luke.

I also have a MIB Boba Fett error card from the Clone Wars run.

Half Sh3ll Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Sh3ll Hero View Post
Yeah bro! I have the 86' Kenner Obi Wan, Tatooine Short Robe Luke and Ceremonial Gear luke.

I also have a MIB Boba Fett error card from the Clone Wars run.
Nice! Anything else?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Dude, I am a HUUUUUGE Star Wars collector. I've got a 200+ collection too and it is probably my favorite toy line of all. TMNT is close, but I had waaaay more SW toys as a kid. Most of my figures are from the power of the force lines from the 90s but I also have a lot of vintage and episode I figures, some episode II figs, and 0 from Episode III. Plus TONS of vehicles, back in high school I had them hanging from the ceiling with fishing line to make them seem like they were flying around- it looked awesome! Maybe I can find a pic. If I had to pick my all time favorite figure and vehicle, they would probably be the 300th edition Boba Fett and the At-At walker. That was one of my favorite birthdays the year I got that walker...

Sorry about not having any pics, but my collection is currently stored in my parents' basement.

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
Dude, I am a HUUUUUGE Star Wars collector. I've got a 200+ collection too and it is probably my favorite toy line of all. TMNT is close, but I had waaaay more SW toys as a kid. Most of my figures are from the power of the force lines from the 90s but I also have a lot of vintage and episode I figures, some episode II figs, and 0 from Episode III. Plus TONS of vehicles, back in high school I had them hanging from the ceiling with fishing line to make them seem like they were flying around- it looked awesome! Maybe I can find a pic. If I had to pick my all time favorite figure and vehicle, they would probably be the 300th edition Boba Fett and the At-At walker. That was one of my favorite birthdays the year I got that walker...

Sorry about not having any pics, but my collection is currently stored in my parents' basement.
Cool! I too, have tons of POTF, I also like the modern vintage line.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Cool! I too, have tons of POTF, I also like the modern vintage line.
I dont have any of the modern vintage line. I've seen them and they look great, I just dont have the cash to spend on figures lately.

Can you narrow down any favorites?

Old 05-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
I dont have any of the modern vintage line. I've seen them and they look great, I just dont have the cash to spend on figures lately.

Can you narrow down any favorites?
Sure, wave 1 C3-P0, Clone Trooper Lieutenant, and Darth Malgus are my personal favorites.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
Peanut
Second Gear

I have piles of Star Wars stuff in my basement. I got out around 2004-05, when I could no longer justify spending money on toys. I've probably got a few hundred figures sitting in boxes and tons of vehicles/playsets/collectible junk. My favourites were the CN Clone Wars figures they put out that seemed impossible to find. Mace Windu in particular was bad f*cking ass.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #9
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I have piles of Star Wars stuff in my basement. I got out around 2004-05, when I could no longer justify spending money on toys. I've probably got a few hundred figures sitting in boxes and tons of vehicles/playsets/collectible junk. My favourites were the CN Clone Wars figures they put out that seemed impossible to find. Mace Windu in particular was bad f*cking ass.
Is this the one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.9 KB, 19 views)
Old 05-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #10
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Wow, I never saw any of those cn figures. Pretty sweet!

Old 05-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #11
Roseangelo
Emperor

I went crazy collecting the action figures through Revenge of the Sith and a little beyond that. Then all the figures started looking the same and it was just too much for me. I would actually like to sell these, but at the same time am too lazy to do it in such a way to make it worth the effort. And I don't think these are worth a whole lot anyways.

In the last few years the only figures I've bought are a handful of the vintage-style figures of my favorite characters (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Padme).

I also have a bunch of the 1/6 scale figures from Sideshow and some of the mini busts from Gentle Giant. Again, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, plus other Jedi characters and a few others. I thought I was done with these until they recently released a 1/6 scale Episode I Obi-Wan (now I have 5 Obi-Wans - Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4 and Clone Wars).

And even though it is HUGE and I have absolutely no where to display it, I got the recent Obi-Wan Mythos statue from Sideshow because it is just too amazing. I had a bunch of rewards points saved from buying all those 1/6 scale figures, which paid for more than half of it.

In general my Star Wars collecting days are over, but I'm still a sucker for quality Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon items.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Is this the one?
That's the one. The General Grevious from that line was also really great.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #13
Brodie
Certified Teacher

I have the Rex and Grievious from that CN line. It was like they only sold it at Targets around here.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #14
Ninjinister
無問題

I only normally pick 'em up for customs, but I do have a Darth Vader that I got as a random Christmas present that I use for as a SoulCalibur figure. I pick up them on occasion for my dad. He really likes them, and once in a while I find a good deal on the harder to find stuff like R2-KT.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #15
Half Sh3ll Hero
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Nice! Anything else?
Uh yeah I'm also an avid stunt saber duelist.

I have a Master Replicas Darth Vader ESB lightsabers and a few custom sabers.

Half Sh3ll Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
snake
Disgusting

^^^^
Cool!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #17
Weirdo-Warrior
Foot Soldier

I have the complete collection of vintage figures, including Blue Snaggletooth, plus all the creatures (Rancor, Taun-Taun, Patrol Dewback and Jabba), plus the Landspeeder in Italian box and a few other things. You can see them in my collection thread.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
Rockvoanjd
Thug

My good friend had me collecting a bit, all vintage. My 2 favorite was my 12 back Vader and Double Telescoping Luke, but traded awhile back for other stuff

Rockvoanjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #19
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockvoanjd View Post
My good friend had me collecting a bit, all vintage. My 2 favorite was my 12 back Vader and Double Telescoping Luke, but traded awhile back for other stuff

Those are pretty cool! Very valuable!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #20
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Any body have any Grand Moff Tarkin figures? It is Peter Cushing's 100th birthday today.