The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-11-2022, 06:42 PM   #1
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Ultimate Ninja's Initial Goal?

I never really thought about it, but upon seeing season 2 again it's really confusing. He initially wants to make a name for himself by beating Earth's greatest warrior but how does that help him in the long run and why did he choose Leonardo?

- Splinter won the previous Battle Nexus, so wouldn't he technically be considered Earth's current best warrior?

- It was shown in the hall of champions that Shredder won the previous tournament multiple times, but it was never actually stated which one(s). It could have been the Tribunal, the original Saki, or even a Shredder from a different universe.

- If Chrell did in fact win the Battle Nexus, there are still plenty of other fighters who accomplished that feat. Why did he specifically plan on defeating him and not someone from a different planet? Was Shredder the most notorious fighter in the multiverse?

- The fight between Leonardo and Shredder involved several people and wasn't even a sanctioned match with rules, so how can it be considered a real victory?

- Would anyone even care if he beat Leonardo? Few people knew of Leonardo's existence and even less should know he beat the Shredder. Does the Daimyo have some intergalactic tv channel that livestreams the best fights?

- His true/second goal was to dethrone his father and take his war staff but how would defeating Leonardo help achieve that beyond giving him a small ego boost?
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 07:38 AM   #2
ABrown
Banned

I actually just watched The Ultimate Ninja episode recently and some of these points came to my mind as well. Unfortunately, I don't have any answers. Probably best to just enjoy the story arc for what it was.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 09:58 AM   #3
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

What's more, how did he find out Leonardo chopped his head off, but didn't find out that a few minutes later Shredder got up picked up his head and walked away, and then later "died" again in another fight at TCRI when it imploded? Then why didn't he go after Master Splinter and challenge him after the water tower incident. Basically his whole initial motivation from the get-go was null and void.

The 2k3 writers were likely just looking for ways to introduce more characters, so this is how they introed the Ultimate Ninja and his father The Daimyo, the latter being an acquaintance of Master Splinter and the former a bad seed of his with a "Commodus" complex. They just picked a rather convoluted plot to intro them.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 10:19 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

I always just assumed he wanted to rule over the Battle Nexus, replace his father, and just have some minions doing his bidding. He didn't hate his father as that was Draco's doing, but it's pretty obvious he was also power hungry
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote