The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-03-2022, 09:19 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

If you had to end the TMNT franchise, what point would you have ended it at?

Let's say you were forced to kill the TMNT franchise for good. But are allowed to pick a time frame for that. When do you choose to end it?

I'd have ended it right after Turtles Forever. It just seemed to be a good send off for the property overall. If back in 2009 I knew what I know today, I'd gladly let TMNT die after Turtles Forever and before Nick even made the offer to Peter Laird.

Then either the property would go on hiatus for a long time or Laird would eventually end the Mirage Comics vol. 4.

What about you?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 09:35 PM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise

Turtles Forever is probably the objective "best" place to end it, yeah.

Part of me almost said "after the first movie" but then you'd lose 4Kids.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 09:41 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Turtles Forever is probably the objective "best" place to end it, yeah.

Part of me almost said "after the first movie" but then you'd lose 4Kids.
Is definitely not be willing to lose 2k3. But I could have done without the last couple of seasons. But still, I can accept their existence.

The Next Mutation shouldn't have existed... but it died so fast and is so irrelevant nowadays that it no longer matters. It's really easy to ignore its existence.
Old 03-04-2022, 03:39 AM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Isn't this just a thinly veiled Viacom era bashing thread? We have enough of those to circlejerk in.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:36 PM   #5
Gillbob316
New Recruit

If ending it is optional, why would I choose to end it? And if ending it is not optional, why would I not just choose now, so I could still have every turtle thing we've got thus far? We don't gain anything by ending it earlier... we just lose stuff that came later.

People are looking at this just from narrative/storytelling perspective, but the title says END THE FRANCHISE... Franchises encompass, TV, Literature, Merch... Ending the franchise back at say - Turtles Forever... means we never get the NECA and Super7 Toys we have today... and that is something I'm not willing to sacrifice just because I don't like Rise.

So yeah... no... the only correct answer is, "Today I guess? If there's an imaginary a gun to my head?" lol
Gillbob316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:00 AM   #6
IMJ
Emperor

I suppose if it had to end (which is a strange premise), then end it after the 2012 Nicktoons show. Everyone here has opinions on that show across the seasons, but by and large the opinions that are negative still fall on the "I liked the show but...." spectrum.

So TMNT 2012 would be a fan-accepted high-note of sorts in general. Also, it guest starred the Fred Wolf Turtles, which arguably means that everything through TMNT 2012 is multi-verse canon and a follow-up to Turtles Forever.

Also, everything or almost everything that has been released using the I.P. after TMNT 2012 has by and large sucked - the follow-up series (the few defenders of it here aside, most people hated that show and unarguably it didn't survive it's couple of seasons), the IDW book has sucked literally for years now and TMNT on film has sucked.

So I'd say that TMNT '12 gives the bros' a solid trilogy of multiverse-cartoon shows punctuated by a couple of solid movies along the way. If it had to end (), end it there.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:13 AM   #7
AquaParade
Banned

I wouldn't. I don't worry about the brand being desecrated or something. I'm not thrilled with where the property is at, but I'm fine with it prodding along, as it occasionally spits something out that appeals to me.

Whether that's something new, like Neca figures, The Last Ronin, or Shredder's Revenge, or something brought back, like seeing Urban Legends re-colored.

I feel like it's getting lost in your feelings if you need something to die that other people are still enjoying. It's easy enough to just walk away. But that's just my perspective.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 12:56 PM   #8
sdp
-

Mirage #1, Shredder dies, Hamato Yoshi avenged. Every story after that is filler meant to milk the franchise since it was never intended and only done to cash in on the success.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 12:58 PM   #9
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Mirage #1, Shredder dies, Hamato Yoshi avenged. Every story after that is filler meant to milk the franchise since it was never intended and only done to cash in on the success.
No Casey Jones? Shameful!
Old 03-09-2022, 02:34 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Lets go a step further and make this franchise end after this drawing, tmnt in its purest form:

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 03:14 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Let's go before that, Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman never meet because Kevin missed the bus.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 03:37 PM   #12
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

It should have ended with the final Season 4 episode of the 4 Kids cartoon.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 03:46 PM   #13
IMJ
Emperor

Thread has already devolved....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:32 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Let's go even before that, Peter Laird takes up his love of photography and never becomes an artist. Kevin Eastman continues to cook lobsters in that restaurant and never pursues his passion. So TMNT is never created.

Hell let's go back even further. PL's parents never meet and he is never born, and Kevin's parents have a girl instead of a boy.

Hell let's go back even more, World War 3 happens in 1965 wiping out half the human race. Comic books cease to exist as a medium.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:49 AM   #15
Shark_Blade
Emperor

That’s as absurd as calling to end Batman. Imagine stopping anytime prior us getting The Batman, that’d be such ********.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 12:15 PM   #16
neatoman
Emperor

Well, "ending the franchise" might be something of a moot point. It does happen that copyright holders lose interest and nothing is made with the IP but this could always be temporary. And even if the copyright holder does nothing else with the IP, the original work and it's derivatives will eventually fall into the public domain, at which point anyone make more.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:45 PM   #17
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I would never want to end the franchise, but I would get rid of most of the extra mutant turtles outside of the main four. No more Slash, no more Venus, no more Jennika. Also no more alien turtles like Kerma and the Turtleoids or that throwaway gag alien turtle training four Ninja Rats. Tokka could stay since he's normally paired with Rahzar (except in the 2012 series) and I kinda like how they usually pair up evil mutants like that. Also human characters are still allowed to dress like the Ninja Turtles ala Zach from the original cartoon.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 07:59 AM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Lets go a step further and make this franchise end after this drawing, tmnt in its purest form:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...GJ71w&usqp=CAU
And some people almost take offence to the mere implication that Eastman and Laird weren't sober when they drew THAT
Old 04-08-2022, 08:18 AM   #19
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
And some people almost take offence to the mere implication that Eastman and Laird weren't sober when they drew THAT
I don’t find it at all offensive but I doubt they were on drugs. It’s actually a pretty nice little sketch, so I wouldn’t even count on alcohol being involved.

I find it funnier that people have a hard time imagining others coming up with something off-kilter without the use of drugs lol.
So much weird art gets created with or without drugs.

To be clear, nothing against drugs. I’ve had some great experiences on them. Smoking a joint with Kevin and Peter would be a dream come true.

I guess we’ll never know. My bet is eventually someone asks Kevin, he says “no”, and people call him a liar.
Maybe someone could ask Peter if he ever wakes his blog back up. Seems like a reasonable enough question.

Last edited by AquaParade; 04-08-2022 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:04 PM   #20
red1981
Random Punk

why end something that makes people happy, each generation has there own version
red1981 is offline   Reply With Quote