The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 03-08-2022, 08:21 AM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

Random Thoughts - Current Events edition

Why do people hate JK Rowling? All I can find is that she seems to think there are only two genders. and she's right.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:28 AM   #2
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Why do people hate JK Rowling? All I can find is that she seems to think there are only two genders. and she's right.
Precisely, because of that.

She stated on several occasions that dicks is not a female body part and that women are actual human beings with their own unique problems and not a costumes psycho rapey men can appropriate and wear, and naturally "very peaceful and accepting" trans community and their psycho allies started acting like typical abusive men when they are told "no" by a woman.

Basically, abusive men who thought they can do anything, including dominating women by pretending to be women, were told "no" and reacted like typical abusive men. **** those freaks.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:14 AM   #3
Galactus
Foot Elite

JK Rowling is a TERF (Trans Exclusiony Radical Feminist). In her case she claims to be supportive of transgender people to live the lifestyle they want up to the point that it encroaches on cis gender women's territory. Broadly this is usually about what public bathrooms or changing rooms that trans-women can go further that if someone says or does something sexist to a trans woman they shouldn't be defended on the basis of feminism because they havent lived their whole lives as women.

The above is largely not why most people take issue with JK Rowling. Even those who are fully supportive of transgender rights most tend to at have some sympathies with the above arguments.

The real reason why some people take issue with JK Rowling is she retweets and supports well known anti trans people, some of which openly advocate physical violence towards to trans people. At this point she knows what these people are but she will support them. This comes across as her being less concerned about the safety and lifestyles of cis women and more that she just wants to attack trans women.

During this people have taken the opportunity to point her homophobic past. Particularly that at one point in her life Rowling seemed to be very supportive of a guy who advocated for the torture of gay people to try and turn them straight. Now it seems that she has legitimately evolved on this issue to the point she retroactively decided Dumbledore was gay. It's more than possible she may evolve on the issue of trans people but in the meantime she's still doing harm to one of the most vulnerable communities in society.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:35 AM   #4
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
The real reason why some people take issue with JK Rowling is she retweets and supports well known anti trans people, some of which openly advocate physical violence towards to trans people. At this point she knows what these people are but she will support them. This comes across as her being less concerned about the safety and lifestyles of cis women and more that she just wants to attack trans women.
No-one buys your lies, sweetheart.

She is being attacked, because, she dares to stand up to women, especially those who are being attacked by trans lobby and receive death and rape threats. Of course, how a mere woman dare to say "no" to men!?

If a man says he is a woman and wants to get into women showers and changing rooms and shelters, than he is a woman and has all rights to do so, whether he has dick or already chopped it off. You know, because, he is a man. More important than a woman and her pesky rights.

An example of a "very horrible twanzophobic" tweet, which literally kills dozens upon dozens of twanz peoplez.

I wonder, how our local SJW gonna spin it? Is he gonna argue that dick is a female organ? Or that stating objective reality is a "violence"? How 'tis gonna work for someone who believes in "objective reality"?

Last edited by Sumac; 03-08-2022 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-08-2022, 10:30 AM   #5
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
No-one buys your lies, sweetheart.

She is being attacked, because, she dares to stand up to women, especially those who are being attacked by trans lobby and receive death and rape threats. Of course, how a mere woman dare to say "no" to men!?

If a man says he is a woman and wants to get into women showers and changing rooms and shelters, than he is a woman and has all rights to do so, whether he has dick or already chopped it off. You know, because, he is a man. More important than a woman and her pesky rights.

An example of a "very horrible twanzophobic" tweet, which literally kills dozens upon dozens of twanz peoplez.
In the context of your post I think you mean "she dares to stand up for women"...although with you I can never quite be sure what you mean.

The truth is trans women have been using female bathrooms and changing rooms largely without incident for as long as there has been a transgender and transvestite communities. It's only in the last decade that it's been built up into this big culture wars issue. While statistically there is no evidence that letting trans women use these spaces changes anything I can certainly see why some women may feel uncomfortable or even unsafe.

For me personally even if we take JK Rowling at face value there is a big contradiction in her beliefs. If she is supportive of trans people's right to live a lifestyle approximating the gender they feel they are then surely they have to be allowed access to female spaces or is she suggesting they use male bathrooms and changing rooms? I can't imagine that is a scenario that will ever end well. That's a problem that TERFS that claim to support most trans rights have yet to come up with an answer to. (Interestingly there isn't anywhere the same level hysteria as trans men using male spaces). Also there are definitely TERFS who limit their arguments around protecting women. I don't see why Rowling can't retweet them and not ones with who have history advocating violence against trans women. Like I said it's hard to view her as entirely sincere that her arguments are just about supporting women when she supports actual transphobes.

I don't know what you think I'm lying about? The fact that Rowling used to be a homophobe? That she is currently supportive of transphobes? Pretty sure both can be proven. The tweet you linked won't come up on my phone but I assume it's Rowling making a very reasonable sounding argument against trans women using female only spaces...and that'd be fine. It doesn't negate all the bad faith arguments she's made.

Last edited by Galactus; 03-08-2022 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-08-2022, 10:58 AM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I wonder, how our local SJW gonna spin it? Is he gonna argue that dick is a female organ?
I've seen it argued vehemently many times, and straight-faced (no pun intended) by people of this mindset. Nuts (also no pun intended).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:55 AM   #7
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
In the context of your post I think you mean "she dares to stand up for women"...although with you I can never quite be sure what you mean.
Oh, please, spare me your cowardly whining.

Quote:
The truth is trans women have been using female bathrooms and changing rooms largely without incident for as long as there has been a transgender and transvestite communities. It's only in the last decade that it's been built up into this big culture wars issue. While statistically there is no evidence that letting trans women use these spaces I can certainly see why some women may feel uncomfortable or even unsafe.
The truth is trans "women" are men and they don't belong to the women showers and changing rooms. No matter what.

Also, about "no incidents" - another lie.
"Kind and accepting trans" everyone!! Oh, poor victims of oppression!

Quote:
For me personally even if we take JK Rowling at face value there is a big contradiction in her beliefs. If she is supportive of trans people's right to live a lifestyle approximating the gender they feel they are then surely they have to be allowed access to female spaces or is she suggesting they use male bathrooms and changing rooms? I can't imagine that is a scenario that will ever end well. That's a problem that TERFS that claim to support most trans rights have yet to come up with an answer to. (Interestingly there isn't anywhere the same level hysteria as trans men using male spaces). Also there are definitely TERFS who limit their arguments around protecting women. I don't see why Rowling can't retweet them and not ones with who have history advocating violence against trans women. Like I said it's hard to view her as entirely sincere that her arguments are just about supporting women when she supports actual transphobes.
Right of small group of dangerous psychopaths, even if they are supported by some bleeding-heart idiots, should not supersede rights of 50% of humanity. Simple as that.

Quote:
I don't know what you think I'm lying about? The fact that Rowling used to be a homophobe? That she is currently supportive of transphobes? Pretty sure both can be proven. The tweet you linked won't come up on my phone but I assume it's Rowling making a very reasonable sounding argument against trans women using female only spaces...and that'd be fine. It doesn't negate all the bad faith arguments she's made.
About...everything?
From Rowling supporting some "howwible twanzphobes" to "men can be women and totes not dangerous".
Old 03-08-2022, 01:36 PM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I love it when two people argue, and I'll be happy regardless of who loses because I detest both of their worldviews

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 02:04 PM   #9
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I love it when two people argue, and I'll be happy regardless of who loses because I detest both of their worldviews
Not really sure where's my opinion crossed you, but, honestly, you can go to swim with sharks, with your "detest", kid.
Old 03-08-2022, 02:10 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Not really sure where's my opinion crossed you, but, honestly, you can go to swim with sharks, with your "detest", kid.
In this particular discussion and topic, I definetly agree with you more than Galactus. When it comes to both of your overall worldviews though, I am definetly not in either of the self-professed anti-authoritarian camps, as I am an authoritarian.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 02:56 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
In this particular discussion and topic, I definetly agree with you more than Galactus. When it comes to both of your overall worldviews though, I am definetly not in either of the self-professed anti-authoritarian camps, as I am an authoritarian.
Well, points for honesty. It's the people that pretend they're not pro-authoritarian but very clearly are that bug me.
Old 03-08-2022, 04:04 PM   #12
Galactus
Foot Elite

Hey, Sumac. I'm not sure how clarifying what you meant is "cowardly whining". I'm not someone who likes to pull up others for typos or using the wrong words sometimes as I do that myself but sometimes it's necessary to clarify what someone actually means. When this happens I don't get angry at that person.

I'm also not sure why you attributed a quote to me of something I didn't say. There's a difference between saying that trans people have been using bathrooms and changing rooms of their choice for decades "largely without incident" to saying that there are "no incidents" at all. Of course there is going to be incidents of assault in public spaces but incidents of trans people attacking anyone in places like rest or changing rooms is substantially less than people of the same cis gender attacking each other in these places.

No one ever said that maintaining a free and equal society would be easy. There will occasionally be instances were the rights of one group will conflict with the rights of another. The idea that the rights of the larger group should be protected more than the smaller is not something that should happen in an equal society. They are never pleasant but that's why we have conversations about these issues to find a path forward. Maybe the answer is gender neutral bathrooms/changing rooms but I tend to think the more likely outcome is that the hysteria surrounding trans people will die down in everyday life and people will simply accept them for what they are and allow them in to the spaces they feel are appropriate.

We've danced fandango before and I'll repeat what I said then; Most scientists say there are genetic reasons why someone's gender identity which is routed in the brain doesn't always align with the physical way they were born. It's also the common consensus that it's healthier for them to live their lives as the gender they identify as. Frankly this whole idea that they are their lifestyle is a choice, they are mentally ill, that they are rapists and shouldn't be allowed in public changing rooms is 100% what people used to say about gay people. Now we look back at that and think it was all ludicrous and I would bet ten or twenty years from now people will think the same about trans people...but hey it's easier to say that everyone that disagrees with you on this issue of lying.

Last edited by Galactus; 03-08-2022 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-08-2022, 04:26 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Most scientists say there are genetic reasons why someone's gender identity which is routed in the brain doesn't always align with the physical way they were born.
So what part of the brain says, "I really, really feel like I need to put on makeup, long painted nails and put on a dress!" Because there's nothing genetic about that whatsoever. We invented these things. Yet they're the first thing transgender people get excited about doing.
Old 03-08-2022, 04:43 PM   #14
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So what part of the brain says, "I really, really feel like I need to put on makeup, long painted nails and put on a dress!" Because there's nothing genetic about that whatsoever. We invented these things. Yet they're the first thing transgender people get excited about doing.
Well I'm not a scientist myself (big shock I know) but I imagine nothing about their genetic makeup or their brains actually compels trans women to wear dresses, put on makeup and wear false nails. Those are fairly typical behavioral and cultural norms for women that I imagine someone who strongly feels from a very young age that they are female is going to gravitate to them.

Now I could be entirely wrong about that. I'd probably have to read more about it but when the majority of the scientific community says that there is evidence to show that there are genetic reasons that explain why trans people feel they were born into the wrong bodies I don't see why anyone would doubt it. In another thread Sumac suggested that it was huge conspiracy but frankly there aren't many companies that get rich just on gender re-alignment surgery. I suspect the number of people that would come out as trans and want to transition would be greater if the stigma around it disappeared but I still doubt it would make anyone Scrooge Mcduck level rich.
Old 03-08-2022, 05:03 PM   #15
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Well I'm not a scientist myself (big shock I know) but I imagine nothing about their genetic makeup or their brains actually compels trans women to wear dresses, put on makeup and wear false nails. Those are fairly typical behavioral and cultural norms for women that I imagine someone who strongly feels from a very young age that they are female is going to gravitate to them
But even your explanation right there implies a neurological issue. By this explanation it implies the difference between being you inhabiting your body or being a consciousness piloting your body. Nobody pilots their body. There is a connection to self there, otherwise you would perceive that you are looking out of your eyes like windows instead of using your eyes to see.

And in absence of "their brains actually compelling" them to undertake behavior (which would be a cognitive anomaly), you then have them behaving "according to cultural norms" that they identify with although inhabiting a body they feel disconnected with - piloting their bodies rather than inhabiting them (which would be a cognitive anomaly).

Therefore by both paradigms you have anomalous cognitive disconnects. A boy strongly feeling from a very young age that they are female is a cognitive anomaly.

And this is the part of debate with virtue signalers and peasant-simps that I can't stand. It's not enough to recognize that their is a cognitive issue there that we should accept and live and let live. But instead we have to play-pretend some fabrication that this disconnect is a "3rd gender" or some other nonsense of language. I'm happy to live and let live, but I'm sick of the fool's bull $#!(.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 05:11 PM   #16
Leo656
The Franchise

I sometimes wonder how much of it is self-loathing gay people, too. Statistically, has to be a few. "No way, I'm not gay, I could never be gay. Turns out I'm a woman, thus explaining perfectly my overwhelming desire to wear dresses and suck c*ck. But no way, not gay, never gay. Just born in the wrong body, otherwise totally normal. And definitely not gay."

Like yeah, maybe that's not all or most of 'em. But bound to be a few of 'em. Y'know?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 05:14 PM   #17
Galactus
Foot Elite

I think you're misunderstanding what I said there. I never said that their brains compel them to take on certain behaviors. Their brains make them feel they are a certain gender. There is nothing in cis women's brains that compel them to wear dresses, put on make up and get their nails done. A lot of them do that stuff because those very typical cultural norms that have developed around women for centuries. By that same token if a person from a young age strongly feels they are female then the likelihood is that they are going adopt those same cultural and behavioral norms. Also just like not all the women wear dresses and put on makeup etc not all trans women do that either. Even if you count that as a "cognitive anomaly" since it's routed in genetics there is nothing that can be done to make trans people feel like they are the gender they were born as and history shows it's very damaging to try. I'd say it's not a "live and let live" attitude if people keep denying them very basic things like being able to identify as the gender they live as.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I sometimes wonder how much of it is self-loathing gay people, too. Statistically, has to be a few. "No way, I'm not gay, I could never be gay. Turns out I'm a woman, thus explaining perfectly my overwhelming desire to wear dresses and suck c*ck. But no way, not gay, never gay. Just born in the wrong body, otherwise totally normal. And definitely not gay."

Like yeah, maybe that's not all or most of 'em. But bound to be a few of 'em. Y'know?
If a guy can't accept he's gay then it's seems very extreme behavior to become something which there is an even greater stigma around. Most self-loathing gay people tend to become homophobes.

Last edited by Galactus; 03-08-2022 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-08-2022, 05:55 PM   #18
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

And also notice that bout 80% of the trans community, if not more, also seems to be a WHITE Problem. which I find rather interesting. I don't know of any black, latino, asian folks with this problem. at least no famous ones. and if they do have it, they keep it on the downlow, unlike white folk who parade it around.

I just find it amusing that every few months, JK Rowling trends on twitter, and it's always a chess game to figure out why.

But, based on my opinions above, this would make me anti trans. and maybe I am, because, quite frankly, I don't understand or suport any of it. But, do what you wanna do with your self...just don't harm others .

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:04 PM   #19
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I don't know of any black, latino, asian folks with this problem.
Funny enough, the first one I'd crossed paths with (first that I know of at least) was black. Back in high school in the 90s and nobody, at least none that I ever witnessed, had any issue with it. (Bathroom access was supposedly via the nurse's office bathroom.)

A little bit of a curiosity, but I never really saw anyone giving them a hard time. (Granted, I was a grade lower so we only shared a lunch period sometimes.) Back then "he" was just considered a guy who was the school cross dresser, as the "trans" issue/discussion wasn't a thing yet, but it would not surprise me if this individual has been living as a trans woman for most of her life now. If so and they're happy with that life and choice, then so be it. That student's choice wasn't hurting anyone back then and if a bunch of 90s teens can deal with it, then it's unfortunate if adults of the same era 25 years later suddenly can't. I haven't seen any evidence that this kid went on to ruin local society by existing they way they chose to.

I'm not sure I've actually ever known or crossed paths with any white trans people in person. Either I haven't or they passed really, really well.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-08-2022 at 07:10 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:24 PM   #20
Leo656
The Franchise

The single biggest giveaway is whether or not the lady before you can palm a basketball or not. If so, then once upon a time that "Christine" was probably "Chris".

Most of the ones I've met also have that warbly Nicole Bass kind of voice but I assume not all of them do. But yeah, to be kind I've never met one who could "pass". The ones you see on TV have the benefit of Hollywood level lighting and make-up. In real life you can generally tell. Not "polite" to say that, but... Still true.

They used to say you can't tell if someone is gay just by looking at them either but I think we've all accepted that to be bullsh*t by now. You can ALMOST always tell if someone is gay or not from a mile away. And not just because nowadays they'll have it on their shirt or something, although that definitely helps.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote