The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-24-2022, 07:34 PM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

When the Turtles actually hosted a show on the BBC.

Here's something I'm pretty sure not many of you guys ever saw.

Back in the early 2000's the BBC had a series of programs detailing the seventies, eighties, and nineties. Where, the music, fashion, and trends of each year were discussed.

For 1988, the FW TMNT series was one of the things the celebs talked about, but the production went one further; the episode itself was actually hosted by the Turtles and probably had the very first CGI animated versions of them.

The other parts can be found on YouTube, but for those who only want to see the reaction to the Turtles here's the segment concentrating on them.
Old 04-25-2022, 03:53 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Very interesting... though a little disturbing. Feels like they used some basic mocap as well, so if that's the case then the first do to that with CGI Turtles, too.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:31 PM   #3
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Very interesting... though a little disturbing. Feels like they used some basic mocap as well, so if that's the case then the first do to that with CGI Turtles, too.
Yeah, it predates the 2007 movie by five years and the 2012 series by ten years. Making it a rather important and largely forgotten piece of TMNT history.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:40 AM   #4
Sumac
Banned

Still looks better than Bay Turtles. xD
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 05:17 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I dunno, at least the Bay Turtles' movement is natural. This mashup of some relatively fluid movement paired with some other rather stiff, robotic motions and looking a bit glued to the spot sometimes creeps me out. lol In an entertained way though.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:03 PM   #6
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I dunno, at least the Bay Turtles' movement is natural. This mashup of some relatively fluid movement paired with some other rather stiff, robotic motions and looking a bit glued to the spot sometimes creeps me out. lol In an entertained way though.
They movements suck, of course, but their designs looks better than that of Bay turtles. At least they look closely to the Turtles and not hulks.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:39 AM   #7
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Neat little piece of obscure Turtles history from a very interesting time for them. (Two years before their next big resurgence with the 4Kids show!) Models actually look pretty solid for the time considering all they really used them for was a brief segment intro here and there. Also cool that they took advantage of having Rob and Cam for interviews by having them also reprise their respective roles. (Though it's a bit odd that they bothered putting in Michelangelo and Donatello at all considering they're fully silent and don't feature in most of the bits. Silence is especially bizarre for Mikey, considering Leo and Raph are stealing all his catchphrases.) Interesting that all the OT episode footage they used was from Season 2 specifically, I believe.

Last edited by Chaotix12345; 04-27-2022 at 03:11 AM.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 04:05 AM   #8
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Neat little piece of obscure Turtles history from a very interesting time for them. (Two years before their next big resurgence with the 4Kids show!) Models actually look pretty solid for the time considering all they really used them for was a brief segment intro here and there. Also cool that they took advantage of having Rob and Cam for interviews by having them also reprise their respective roles. (Though it's a bit odd that they bothered putting in Michelangelo and Donatello at all considering they're fully silent and don't feature in most of the bits. Silence is especially bizarre for Mikey, considering Leo and Raph are stealing all his catchphrases.) Interesting that all the OT episode footage they used was from Season 2 specifically, I believe.
Thank you, I was going to mention that Rob and Cam were in it but didn't because I wasn't quite sure they were involved in it. I guess the others couldn't be booked.
Old 05-02-2022, 10:52 AM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

Very cool. Thanks for sharing this.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote