The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-06-2018, 03:32 PM   #1
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

New Pop Culture Shock (PCS) Statues

So, the company confirmed the license for the original cartoon some time ago, but in this week's newsletter they offered a minor teaser.

No other info is available as far as I know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e1f89769-49e4-4b67-9bcc-e8140e523644.jpg (23.2 KB, 192 views)

Last edited by I Crave Pizza No More; 03-19-2020 at 07:26 AM.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
Antrax
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
So, the company confirmed the license for the original cartoon some time ago, but in this week's newsletter they offered a minor teaser.

No other info is available as far as I know.
Looked up some of their stuff. Their Filmation MOTU Statues look incredible but I am not a fan of their realistic MOTU busts. Good thing that pic looks like it's going to be a statue. What is he standing on though?
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:51 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

It looks like it could be a chunk of one of the robots the turtles face in season 1 episode 2, Enter The Shreder.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:27 PM   #4
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrax View Post
Looked up some of their stuff. Their Filmation MOTU Statues look incredible but I am not a fan of their realistic MOTU busts. Good thing that pic looks like it's going to be a statue. What is he standing on though?
I have a ton of PCS stuff: Conan the Barbarian; He-Man and Battlecat; Filmation He-Man; Filmation Skeletor. Their work is always fantastic.

They're notorious for delays, but you'll always get your stuff and it will always be worthwhile. They also generally offer a 10% or so discount if you pay in full upfront--but keep in mind that you may need to wait 2-3 years to get your statue.

And Powder, I think you're right about it being from that first TMNT mini-series. I will almost certainly buy into this line, just because I know they'll nail it. They cancelled their MOTU line, but not before doing quite a few characters, so that gives me hope that we may get someone besides the TMNT.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #5
Antrax
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It looks like it could be a chunk of one of the robots the turtles face in season 1 episode 2, Enter The Shreder.
You were right https://youtu.be/7BMvXv-UiDE?t=80
Old 05-06-2018, 05:53 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Radical. That's a cool reference, then. Perhaps we can assume these will 100% match the look of the first season turtles, which would make for some pretty neat collectibles.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:40 PM   #7
Antrax
Hench Mutant

Since Raph fought that robot, does that mean he is first to be released?
Old 05-06-2018, 06:47 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

That would be my guess, yeah. Probably a good turtle to start with.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:15 PM   #9
Antrax
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I have a ton of PCS stuff: Conan the Barbarian; He-Man and Battlecat; Filmation He-Man; Filmation Skeletor. Their work is always fantastic.

They're notorious for delays, but you'll always get your stuff and it will always be worthwhile. They also generally offer a 10% or so discount if you pay in full upfront--but keep in mind that you may need to wait 2-3 years to get your statue.

And Powder, I think you're right about it being from that first TMNT mini-series. I will almost certainly buy into this line, just because I know they'll nail it. They cancelled their MOTU line, but not before doing quite a few characters, so that gives me hope that we may get someone besides the TMNT.
Do you have any or could you recommend any video reviews or pics? 1/6 scale ~$300 or 1/4 scale ~$350 most likely? Are the EX versions originally more expensive and how quickly do they sell out? Sorry for all the questions, I'm sure I'll have more.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:29 PM   #10
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrax View Post
Do you have any or could you recommend any video reviews or pics? 1/6 scale ~$300 or 1/4 scale ~$350 most likely? Are the EX versions originally more expensive and how quickly do they sell out? Sorry for all the questions, I'm sure I'll have more.

I generally browse the statue forums through Tapatalk, but give me a day or two and I'll find links to the threads for the statues. Conan is 1:3 scale and was like $900. He-Man and Battlecat are 1:4 scale and the combo was also close to $900. I think the Filmation Skeletor and He-Man are 1:3 scale and might have retailed for a little over $300.

They almost always do EX versions, sometimes several kinds. They do a ton of Street Fighter and Mortal Combat statues, and some of those seem to have 3-4 variants. The Filmation He-Man stuff all had regular versions and only one EX version. The price was either the same or maybe different by about $15. Some of the statues (I think the Street Fighter stuff) sells out immediately--PCS actually e-mails the on-sale time the day before so that people can be ready. I don't recall the He-Man stuff selling out right away, and Conan lasted a couple of days (but then went back into stock, maybe due to cancellations). So, it's hard to say. My guess is that if you want one and you're able to order it on the first day, you'll get it.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #11
tmntman
Mad Scientist

I wonder if this means Ikon Collectibles has lost the license. That might explain why they are suddenly shipping Michealangelo, Rocksteady and Bebop all at once.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:01 PM   #12
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

yea they are a bit pricey, but they are some of my favorite statues. the mortal kombat line is ridiculous. im sure they will have amazing pieces.
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:04 AM   #13
Antrax
Hench Mutant

New image with a pre-order date of June 25th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (65.7 KB, 114 views)
Old 06-17-2018, 03:22 PM   #14
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Wow! That looks awesome!

If they did come up for preorder, what site is it? *edit* Nevermind, pretty sure I found it. They have some AMAZING statues! WOW!

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 06-17-2018 at 03:38 PM.
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:24 PM   #15
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
Wow! That looks awesome!

If they did come up for preorder, what site is it? *edit* Nevermind, pretty sure I found it. They have some AMAZING statues! WOW!
Share for the rest of us?

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:59 PM   #16
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
They also generally offer a 10% or so discount if you pay in full upfront--but keep in mind that you may need to wait 2-3 years to get your statue.
OMG! 2 or 3 years, dang! I was considering getting this for my first statue ever. But not with that time frame. Also can’t even find the pre order listing. Last I checked nothing is on their official website.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:29 PM   #17
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Share for the rest of us?
www.popcultureshocktoys.com

Nothing active yet for the TMNT, though. They'll announce the exact pre-order date and time via e-mail if you're subscribed to their newsletter. I don't think the TMNT stuff will sell out instantly, but some of the Street Fighter stuff does. But I wouldn't wait more than a few hours to order if you're serious about getting them.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:31 PM   #18
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
OMG! 2 or 3 years, dang! I was considering getting this for my first statue ever. But not with that time frame. Also can’t even find the pre order listing. Last I checked nothing is on their official website.
Sideshow is usually better about filling their preorders more quickly but even then you still might end up waiting a year or more. PCS does excellent work, but just go into it knowing that you're going to be waiting a couple of years to get your piece.

Last edited by I Crave Pizza No More; 06-17-2018 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:00 AM   #19
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Images of both versions are live on popcultureshocktoys.com

Looks like either version is $500. The exclusive version comes with an extra set of teeth and an additional set of hands.

Their site says that presales go live at 3PST tomorrow.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:17 AM   #20
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Man awesome! too bad it's gonna be $2000 for a full set

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 06-24-2018 at 09:23 AM.
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote