The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #5581
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
i haven't checked the thread for 'Civil War', but are people ripping all the plot holes from that movie to shreds as well?
Old 06-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #5582
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i haven't checked the thread for 'Civil War', but are people ripping all the plot holes from that movie to shreds as well?
We have discussed them, yes.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #5583
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

wasnt this movie supposed to appeal to kid and adult fans. i know it was marketed mostly to kids but didnt they say it was meant for fans of all ages
Old 06-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #5584
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Ah yes the "other movies might have had plot holes so it's okay that this one did" defense.

Problem with that is, Civil War is probably a way better movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:55 PM   #5585
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Beautiful fan arts have started to crop out.

I look forward from the japanese ones especially.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:57 PM   #5586
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Ah yes the "other movies might have had plot holes so it's okay that this one did" defense.

No "probably" about it. And 95% of the fanboys griping about plot holes in Civil War actually have no idea what a plot hole is
Old 06-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #5587
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Beautiful fan arts from fans have started to crop out.

http://i.imgur.com/wakS8Av.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M6w9rJb.jpg

I look forward from the japanese ones especially.
That's been out for ages. I have it in my profile
Old 06-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #5588
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No "probably" about it. And 95% of the fanboys griping about plot holes in Civil War actually have no idea what a plot hole is
Well no surprise there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #5589
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Did anyone else see that they took a lot from The Blue Door and edited it to make it better?
Old 06-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #5590
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
That's been out for ages. I have it in my profile
That's cool.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #5591
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
What plot holes were in Civil War? There were some minor plot contrivances related to timing but no plot holes.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #5592
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
Did anyone else see that they took a lot from The Blue Door and edited it to make it better?
What exactly was taken from Blue Door?
Old 06-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #5593
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post

i didn't enjoy Civil War at all. the WHOLE plan rested on Iron Man actually showing up at the end (as if)

but that movie is fueled by the power of the Marvel fan-boys that'll defend any Marvel product to the death.

Same with Batman fans!!! try to say anything about the crappy new zillionth issue of Batman #1 and they'll come after you like hungry dogs.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:27 PM   #5594
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
i didn't enjoy Civil War at all. the WHOLE plan rested on Iron Man actually showing up at the end (as if)

but that movie is fueled by the power of the Marvel fan-boys that'll defend any Marvel product to the death.

Same with Batman fans!!! try to say anything about the crappy new zillionth issue of Batman #1 and they'll come after you like hungry dogs.
That's your beef with Civil War? That zemos plan counted on Tony showing up. It's shown in the film that he planned for that and went out of his way to be found. It made plenty of sense. Way more than humans having latent animal dna or shredder suddenly having an alien ally he forgot to mention
Old 06-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #5595
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I went to see it today and I liked it just as much as any summer popcorn flick. The turtles were definitely the biggest highlight for me. The actors really did bring some layers to the parts. They really did act like a family during the conversations they had among themselves and Splinter. The villains were a lot of fun and the chemistry between Bebop and Rocksteady was completely believable. I'm going to go see it again with two of my friends next weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
As the reviews thread is closed (thank you all )
I'm really sorry that happens. Sometimes people can just be so immature.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:42 PM   #5596
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
That's your beef with Civil War? That zemos plan counted on Tony showing up. It's shown in the film that he planned for that and went out of his way to be found. It made plenty of sense. Way more than humans having latent animal dna or shredder suddenly having an alien ally he forgot to mention
not to get off subject of picking apart Tmnt2, but i really thought all the pieces pulling the Avengers apart came together a little too conveniently.
Spiderman (though he was my favorite part of the movie) had no reason to be there.

and how did Zemos know that Iron man was going to show up at all?

my biggest gripe with the movie was Scarlet Witch sending the guy with the bomb off right next to a building full of people.
there was TONS of open space around them that she could have sent him to! but NO! right along the building.
even AS she was doing it i could tell what was going to happen. i say that coming a mile away. but they just did it to service their plot.

i'm not saying "this is better cuz that sux", NO! i'm only pointing out that movies like Civil War and anything Avenger related seems to get more credit than it deserves.
but if people want to enjoy it, i'm not against that.

but it just seems that anyone who enjoyed the new Tmnt2 has to be called a "plant" or 'idiot" or "animal, mineral... or..." whatever other insult these other supposed "fans" want to name throw.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #5597
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I also thought the Stephen Amell was a solid Casey Jones. He was much more likable that the Casey on the 2012 TV series. Brad Garrett's voice actually worked well for Krang because he made him sound menacing.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:53 PM   #5598
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Just saw it..... and man was it great everything about it was awesome. The turtles were great I loved splinter. I was worried about Amell as Casey and I actually really liked him. I can see his character working its way to what we know and love. Little hints at what he becomes I thought it was great. Bebop and Rocksteady were awesome, even the "cringe worthy" aspects were in character for them and was definitely not as bad as some are saying.

Coming out of seeing this movie i can really tell that most of those who don't like this movie were ones who went into it hating it. Most not all but most. Because this one is so good.

Can some one in the spoiler tag list all the Easter eggs I caught some but I want to know if I missed any.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #5599
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
not to get off subject of picking apart Tmnt2, but i really thought all the pieces pulling the Avengers apart came together a little too conveniently.
Spiderman (though he was my favorite part of the movie) had no reason to be there.

and how did Zemos know that Iron man was going to show up at all?

my biggest gripe with the movie was Scarlet Witch sending the guy with the bomb off right next to a building full of people.
there was TONS of open space around them that she could have sent him to! but NO! right along the building.
even AS she was doing it i could tell what was going to happen. i say that coming a mile away. but they just did it to service their plot.

i'm not saying "this is better cuz that sux", NO! i'm only pointing out that movies like Civil War and anything Avenger related seems to get more credit than it deserves.
but if people want to enjoy it, i'm not against that.

but it just seems that anyone who enjoyed the new Tmnt2 has to be called a "plant" or 'idiot" or "animal, mineral... or..." whatever other insult these other supposed "fans" want to name throw.
Perhaps it's time for a sidebar study:

Old 06-04-2016, 04:57 PM   #5600
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Coming out of seeing this movie i can really tell that most of those who don't like this movie were ones who went into it hating it.

There's really no need for this, guy. I'm glad you liked it, but those who didn't have perfectly valid reasons for not enjoying the thing. Don't go projecting motives on people just because you don't understand their perspective; it's disrespectful as hell.

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation