The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 05:50 AM   #41
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

I would love it to be as "Mirage" as possible, but I guess that's never gonna happen.

If they decide to go with an OT style, then well, it's not what I'd like to see really, but it's just fine as long as they do it right, and don't make the Turtles too dumb. Please, keep the action.

It's been said here before, but I think that something like Spectacular Spiderman would be perfect. It works very well, and it would work with the Turtles. Just look at the action series that are being succesfully these days, and go that way. You can use some comedy, that's for sure, but don't let it ruin everything else.

And please, don't do it CGI. Just don't.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #42
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Uh, Clone Wars?
I dont count it thats not a good defense for CG since that show is not a represntation of the normal CG animated show. Its animated by ****ing LucasFilm with a budget that the turtles will be lucky to have half the size of. If it had what Clone Wars has I wouldn't have that much against it but I'm more then sure it wont.

Also Clone Wars is **** compared to the 2D minseries.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #43
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Here's some suggestions

1. Make it like "Wolverine and the X-men"

2. Base it loosely on the comics but don't jerk them off. Bad comic adaptations do no one any good.

3. Don't be afraid to pull from the old toon but don't go buck wild with the idea either. Turtles works as an action comedy, keep it that way.

4. CGI is horrible, avoid it.

5. Have character development. Also have storyline that connect and build to something. Villain of the week might sell toys but it will ward off any long term viewers.

6. Realize that making things "dark" does not make them good. The idea that something is "dark" and "gritty" sounds cool in concept but that doesn't add to the maturity of something. In fact often times it does the exact opposite or makes for laughably bad dialogue. Like when Leo was all "angry" in season 4.

7. Shredder is not the only villain. Kill him early or use him sparingly. He's a lot more interesting when he's not around every episode.

8. There's a huge stock pile of TMNT villains, use them. The last thing we need is someone inventing new and extremely unimaginative villains.

9. Stop making Mikey annoying. Yeah he's the "funny guy" but he's not a complete moron. Give the character some depth. He was quite mature in the comics.

10. Make it like "Wolverine and the X-men"
spitfire pretty much just covered all the bases for me, you hit all the points I wanted to make. Especially points 4. (no CGI) and 9. (stop making Mikey annoying). Thanks for saving me some typing.

I really, really can't stand CGI animnation I just think it looks so ugly even the best of the kind. Creatures some how manage to look decent, even cool at times, but I find human characters always look like ass in CGI. Wolverine and the X-Men has good hand drawn animation, I would to see that in a new series.

Also NO VENUS!!!!! I think I would very well stop watching this series if they pull off a fifth female turtle sh*t. Why do people want her. I find her the most irritating thing about Turtles past. She screws up everything about the turtles.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series

Last edited by Sage Ninja; 02-11-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #44
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior

I would like a mash of the 2k3 series with the 80s toon. I loved the original cartoon, but I’d like to see a little more action than the 80’s toon had. Longer plots would be nice too.
I don’t want ANYTHING from the Next Mutation in the new cartoon, Including Venus. Of course, I don’t mind the Idea of their being a female teenage mutant ninja Lizard or anything.
Archie plotlines would be cool as well.
And just as everyone else has said, NO CGI.
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:08 AM   #45
ToTheNines
[sic]

Now, Laird isn't gonna be involved with this show, I probably don't have to worry about it... but NO FUC*ING SUPER HEROES!!!!

They just make me cringe in the NT and volume 4, they're soooo out of place.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #46
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I just hope we get some old characters back, creative mutants with personality (if they have them) unlike the 2k3 series, archie and mirage characters that have yet to see animation for yet, No cgi, and a good toy line backing this show maybe do one for kids and one for older fans sort of how they do for dcuc.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

If Leatherhead is used, I actually prefer he be a villain again. He doesn't need to act like old toon Leatherhead, but I kind of miss the fights TMNT and Leatherhead used to have.

2k3 Leatherhead was too much like Donatello, I actually prefer he be a villain again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #48
TuЯco
Foot Soldier

Archie comic characters would be cool and alot of one shot characters.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #49
Kendamu
Sewerhead

My list of suggestions.

1) It shouldn't be made immediately clear whether or not Splinter was Yoshi himself or Yoshi's pet. Make it a bit of a mystery that gets uncovered later on.

2) Mikey shouldn't be the laid-back writer of the comics or the ADD surfer dude of the children's materials. Instead, he should be a "normal 15-year-old" in that he likes video games, he tries to skip out on his responsibilities (Ninja training) to go have fun, he's constantly hungry (he's a growing boy), he likes popular music, and he likes to party. Sure, most teens love pizza so pizza isn't taboo here. Sure, most teens love to party so being the "party dude" isn't taboo. He just doesn't need to be stupid or ADD.

3) Raphael doesn't necessarily need to be OT Raph or Wolverine. He can be cynical, sarcastic, and witty and he can have his rivalry with Leonardo, but it doesn't have to be this epic "GRRRRRRRR RAPH ANGRY" bit, either. Like a normal 15-year-old boy he thinks he knows better than anyone else, he leaps before he looks, he thinks he's invincible, and he gets in over his head a lot. Also, instead of making Raph and Leo rival each other in a way that always turns into a heated epic battle or a super serious argument, how about making their rivalry more anime-esque in that they're rivals, but they're friends. They live to out-do each other and to push each other forward rather than Raph being jealous of Leo's leadership role and whatnot.

4) Social networking, linking consoles and handhelds, downloading podcasts... these kinds of things are stuff normal teens know about and know how to do. Please do not make the other Turtles computer illiterate. Don "does machines" for sure, though. That means he'll obviously still be a great engineer, hacker, and computer programmer but that doesn't mean that the other Turtles should be completely technologically stupid.

5) Mix the OT and first movie/Mirage origins together for Splinter and Shredder. Saki is jealous of Yoshi because of Tang Shen, so Saki frames Yoshi. Ta-daaa! Kid friendly, takes from the 80s toon, and takes from the original Mirage comics!

6) The Technodrome will likely be used, but it shouldn't be the main base of the bad guys. It should be treated more like some sort of ultimate mobile battle station that's being built throughout the first season. Maybe it could take hints from the final part of the first TMNT game on NES. There's Shredder's compound and then there's the Technodrome.

7) Foot Ninja should be robots. It should be pretty easy to tell that they're robots, too. That way, when Leonardo decides to use his swords, he can cut through the Foot Soldiers in a kids' show.

8) Ninjas use Ninjutsu.... not just Karate and Kobudo. If they come across a duo of super strong mutants who are packin' some heavy firepower that happen to be a rhino and a warthog, maybe slapstick isn't going to stop them and maybe a straight-forward fight isn't, either. Keeping out of sight, outsmarting them, and improvising (like the first season of the OT) should be how they're taken down. Also, rather than using these super strong mutants every episode, maybe you can bring 'em in once in awhile like Hun was so that each encounter can be epic and each time they're taken down it can be very creatively executed.

9) Baxter should start out like he did in the Mirage comics and 2k3 but eventually become a fly. He also shouldn't go completely insane right away. Maybe keep him around for awhile as a fly still working for Shredder, but have him eventually break out on his own once he works up the guts to do so.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head for an incarnation of the Turtles that's mainly inspired by the OT but has elements of 2k3 and the comics snuck into it.

Last edited by Kendamu; 03-22-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar errors
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #50
ryukenden
Hench Mutant

Serious martial arts fighting during battles. Everything else can be slapstick, just not in fights.
ryukenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #51
Powder
So tired of this place

Goongasnatch said it best.

My only words to be noted, as many before me have said, NO CGI DAMNIT.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #52
Koi
Mad Scientist

This place is so split with what it wants, I highly doubt that the people creating the movie will be able to appeal to both sides of TMNT fans. One side wants macho turtles fights and to be reminiscent to their comics, the other side enjoyed their technodromes and slapstick and reminiscent to their older cartoons.

But their does seem to be some things you both agree on and that is Mikey's off the wall retarded, and adolescent mind.

I just want something new that hasn't been explored and already done in the past TMNT universes. I don't care whichever way they take as well as it is well written and appealing to anyone, not just TMNT fans. I want something enjoyable to watch and not something just to bring up nostalgia. Something new and refreshing to the franchise to end on till Nick brings their cartoon into play.

But that is just my opinion that I would love to happen, but I am afraid they will attempt to do something new and completely horribly written with big booms like a Michael Bay movie, ugh.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #53
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawsher View Post
Something new and refreshing to the franchise to end on till Nick brings their cartoon into play.
Well it looks like the two are gonna debut around the same time, and this thread's for the cartoon anyways.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #54
Koi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Well it looks like the two are gonna debut around the same time, and this thread's for the cartoon anyways.
Oh..... crud. >///<
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #55
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Here is what I would like to see.

1. A main plot line with developing characters. (something like getting vengence for splinter by killing shredder then evolving from there.)
2. 80s villians
3. Dark styling
4.Human shredder,preferably comic like shredder !!!
5. Needs Krang in the series!
6.2k3 turtles (physics) Mikey be comical, but not an complete goofball. Like in the first movie preferably.
7. Not 80's style Casey. More 2k3 like.
8. April, I liked both.
9. The foot (humans), but I wouldn't mind robot foot either or both.
10. 2k3 style fighting.
11. I would like to see a tough guy slash. As well as other mutants.
12.No freakn superheroes, like in 2k3, didn't mind bug man bc he wasnt invinceable like silver idiot.

Thats what I think, i will coment more if I can think of anything
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #56
Powder
So tired of this place

The LAST thing we need is a 2k3 style casey. Nor do we need the OT casey. Comic/movie casey is the win.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #57
Kendamu
Sewerhead

I'd like it if Casey were like OT Casey when out fighting crime, but were more like 1st movie Casey when just chilling out... like he's trying to be a low-budget Batman or something.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #58
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I'd love to have Shredder similar in the 2k3 beginning, being more in the background, a menacing crime boss and have very few real encounters with the shredder persona.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:05 AM   #59
ToTheNines
[sic]

Paulsen = Raph
Clarke = Leo
Old 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #60
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Yeah ur right first movie casey would be better, I forgot like an idiot. And I call myself a turtle fan. lol
I would like to see comic book shredder he is awesome, but I like 2k3's costume.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick