The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #61
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant

My reaction to this episode:

I'm totally finding a recipe for pizza gyozas!

Too bad for the turtles, Shedder won't be as merciful. Wonder if Splinter will practice what he preaches when they eventually face off? Showing compassion has its place, but letting the bad guys walk away more then once!? C'mon!! They should at least leave them to the cops, Batman stye.

I thought it was sweet how Mike hugged Murasami awwwplz.gif

Still, I love TMNT. FFL

Last edited by blue_angel99; 11-11-2012 at 10:30 AM.
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #62
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post

Too bad for the turtles, Shedder won't be as merciful. Wonder if Splinter will practice what he preaches when they eventually face off? Showing compassion has its place, but letting the bad guys walk away more then once!? C'mon!! They should at least leave them to the cops, Batman stye.

Still, I love TMNT. FFL
That was what I had a problem with. I am against the idea of the turtles murdering their opponents,but letting them walk away? Truss them up for the police to get a long jail sentence! There is little excuse not to!

Going back to the screenshot of Mike '87,would it not have made mor sense to say mask of their own face instead of tattoo? I blame that one on the writers.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #63
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I really liked Xever, and I hadn't liked him in his first appearance since he just randomly appeared as a street thug doing crazy good martial arts spinning around like an idiot but this was a better appearance. I hope they don't mutate then too quickly I'd like it if it happened near the end of the season so we have at least one season of their human forms. Brad was made a bit of a wimp at times during the episode. Shredder's spikes are too big the arm and shin ones at least, they look ridiculous and makes it difficult for me to take him seriously because of them sadly, other than that I like him.
I liked the blind man and I kind of wish he has a similar relation to Andre the blind man from the next mutation. The action was good but something is missing it just didn't feel as epic as some of the 2k3 fights and I'm not sure what, the mood just wasn't there it still felt a bit "light hearted" in the end, maybe it's the character designs(?). Also the music is lacking, I never thought 2k3 had very iconic music but this one is even more on the background. Sad that the best background music to date is still the one from the OT not counting the movies.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #64
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

I really really liked the episode, the series is getting way batter than I ever expected. Leo was awesome, and the scene fights keep getting better. Can't wait to see them against Shredder.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #65
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefight Doughnuts View Post
Duhhh!

Also: I caught the credits. He was Shimono, so I was right. I love when I can do that
Norinaga? Name rings a bell!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #66
shihe
Hench Mutant

I'm usually not that good of a critic when it comes to TV shows and movies.

This episode was VERY entertaining, as was every single one before it.

I really like what the writers and animators are doing with this show, me and my GF love it and never miss an episode.
Being the daughter of a martial artist, my GF immediately noticed how the moves here look like actual martial arts techniques compared to those of the past animated shows.

I'm personally in love with the coreographs, and how dynamic they are. And how they add a "Jackie Chan" touch to them (using surroundings to their advantage).

This episode cracked me up, all 4 turtles do, not to mention Splinter.

Anyway, just a general analysis, not going in-depth with the episode.

To be honest, I feel sorry for Michael Bay to try to get his movie to top this show (or the original movie).
We'll see how that turns out, but this show is amazing. I'm nervous on how the Shredder will be played.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #67
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post

I thought it was sweet how Mike hugged Murasami Attachment 3682

Still, I love TMNT. FFL
I totally lol'd at their reactions to first tastin them! Made me wanna try some

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #68
Route77
Random Punk

IMDb rating for this episode is not as high as I expected. I'm guessing that number will change though.
Route77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

If there is any gripe for this episode, its that the Foot Soldiers didn't get a single hit in. The only time the Turtles got hit was by Xever and Bradford.

I'd like to see the Foot Soldiers prove to be more of a threat in future episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #70
funatic
Mad Scientist

Wow. This was a good ep. I've enjoyed the series so far but this was a real standout. Great plot and well written, not too childish but still super funny (eyes falling out after eating pizza-gyozas, mikey's face-tattoo, etc.), and a nice turnaround with the Purple Dragon at the end. The fight scenes were awesome and a nice build-up to Shredder taking the scene hopefully next episode. Also, great to see a water tower take out the foot, AGAIN. Hope the series stays at this level!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #71
Tinus
Random Punk

Hands down the best episode so far! Great action scenes and I liked how Leo got some time to shine in this one. It will be hard to top this episode.
Tinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #72
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior

was just now able to watch it. this was an awesome ep! it had everything ive sorta come to expect from this show so far. a third of they through the season and each ep is just better and better than the last!

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #73
Stone Warrior

I'm actually surprised this was also a Raph episode co-starring with Leo's. For all his criticisms about Leo's act of mercy (which is valid), it's also nice that when push comes to shove, Raph won't throw a helpless enemy over a building just because he's a jerk who definitely won't treat him the same way had their positions were reversed.

It really shows how Leo and Raph get each other. Definitely appreciate their interactions more.

And Mikey was awesome in that fight. XD

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 11-12-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #74
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior

This was another awesome episode. The show is becoming better and better and soon it might become even more popular than both OT and 2K3 were! Cant wait until they fight Shredder for first time!
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #75
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I don't know about it being more popular than FW or 4Kids, but they definitely are doing a great job with the episodes. I loved Mikey's face tattoo, and Murakami was great. I edited my other review post and added some other quotes that I remembered from the episode. I liked Splinter's quote about war and peace and how Raph said the guy must've lost a lot of wars.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #76
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I think this was ones of my favorites so far.
Mot much else to say really.
Good stuff all around and it's nice to see April getting involved and not being such a total brat.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #77
Hero
British Bloke

Managed to watch this. Really good ep. Looking forward to seeing more Shredder.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #78
CyberCubed
Overlord

A funny line was when Mike said, "Look its Bradford! ....And...that other guy."

Xever really was low-key in his first appearance.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #79
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier

Loved Mikey's face tattoo. A nod to the old school fans. I have an old Mikey Christmas tree ornament whose face looks just like that.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #80
cryan
Stone Warrior

I don't worry about spoilers and and all that.I missed this episode.So,is this the episode where Xever and Bradford get mutated?
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick