The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 11-03-2020, 08:31 AM   #1
Diorm
Hench Mutant

1990 Movie Documentary and Script Book

2:17First time I'm earing about this. Doesnt seems like it's Turtle Power II since it will only talk about the 1990 movie.

And they talk about new screening of the film with new digitized version (already in another thread):
https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...ad.php?t=63212

9:59 They do talk about the script book already available in the store at www.tmntmovie1990.com but I cant seem to find it

16:31 And they would like to make a reboot, or to make something that really follow the first movie. If only...
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:56 AM   #2
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Yeah, i want the book but they dont have it on website, they should get some proper admin for their site.
Im not that excited about 4k transfer, i want to see behind the scenes , henson studios tests and dailies as extra content on bluray releases.
I know that back in 2015 they filled complaint in court for owed profits from the movies, kim and bobby with steve barron, they were owed some money, i hiope it was cleared out.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ofits-lawsuits

They should release eveyrthing thats out there for us, i hope their book is not just stories about production meetings cause people dont care about these at all, sure its cool to know they had it hard to finance it but its actual filming we care about.Im not sure if theyre doing it for themselves to share their production meetings and stories about getting money for the movie or they have access to some interesting video/photo content for fans.

I have a feeling from listening to their interviews that they know very little about actual filming, its kinda like landlords writing book about living with your family , he owns the house your family lives in and paid for it and all, but he never actually lived with you... so its kinda odd.
Anyone else have the same impression ?
Old 11-03-2020, 12:23 PM   #3
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
i hope their book is not just stories about production meetings
You mean the documentary right? Because the book looks like it's only a script book with some storyboard picture in it. They show pages at 10:22
Old 11-03-2020, 02:35 PM   #4
bwwd
Hench Mutant

yes its just storyboards
Old 11-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #5
Raleldor
Mouser

I have the book. I bought it at a TMNT screening last Friday at Disney Springs AMC. It was numbered 4/100. If there's anything you want to know from the script, let me know.
Raleldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:13 PM   #6
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleldor View Post
I have the book. I bought it at a TMNT screening last Friday at Disney Springs AMC. It was numbered 4/100. If there's anything you want to know from the script, let me know.
I would just like to see pictures of the book.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #7
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I remember when you bought a special edition dvd of the 1990 movie or something of the like many moons ago and you refused to upload them because it "wasn't fair" that you had spent all that money for that to just upload it for free.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:31 PM   #8
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I remember when you bought a special edition dvd of the 1990 movie or something of the like many moons ago and you refused to upload them because it "wasn't fair" that you had spent all that money for that to just upload it for free.
I wasn't asking for a page by page scan of the book. I am also interested in buying a copy and was curious to see better images of it.

And I stand by my choices for the thing you are recalling, from a very, very long time ago. Pretty sure all that stuff ended up online anyways, and you didn't need me to do it. No one appreciates me when I do provide things, and people hate me when I don't. I can't win in these situations, and I'm used to that.
Old 11-08-2020, 06:49 PM   #9
Raleldor
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Here's a few pictures.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WD?usp=sharing
Old 11-08-2020, 06:49 PM   #10
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

It's pretty much this, but with different binding. It has the original intro, deleted scenes, extended scenes, everything that was in the script. It's cool they're selling it!

d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:07 PM   #11
Roseangelo
Emperor

Thank you both for the pictures.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:32 AM   #12
Diorm
Hench Mutant

It's a really neat book! Now I really want it.
What are they even doing telling people it's avaiable on the website when it's not? Are they even aware
Old 11-09-2020, 08:25 AM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

I'm guessing the full origin scene wasn't filmed because the permit for filming a speeding truck alone was too expensive?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:51 AM   #14
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

When is doc coming out?
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:05 PM   #15
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'm guessing the full origin scene wasn't filmed because the permit for filming a speeding truck alone was too expensive?
Yeah, it was cut sometime between storyboarding and filming.

Another producer was selling hard-bound copies of the script/storyboard a few years ago for north of $1K, if I'm remembering properly.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:19 PM   #16
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
When is doc coming out?
They didnt tell, but if they ever update their website, we might get some more informations: http://www.tmntmovie1990.com/
Old 11-09-2020, 12:31 PM   #17
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
They didnt tell, but if they ever update their website, we might get some more informations: http://www.tmntmovie1990.com/
well, i'll be waiting for it. Thanks!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 01:33 PM   #18
Raleldor
Mouser

Wow. I just checked that website. They're selling that poster for $50. After buying the book, I just asked if I could have one of those posters and they signed and gave it to me.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:37 PM   #19
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleldor View Post
Wow. I just checked that website. They're selling that poster for $50. After buying the book, I just asked if I could have one of those posters and they signed and gave it to me.
May i ask how much they were charging for that script book?
I would Love to get one as well but looking at their prices for items on their site, I get a feeling this will be expensive.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:07 PM   #20
Raleldor
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
May i ask how much they were charging for that script book?
I would Love to get one as well but looking at their prices for items on their site, I get a feeling this will be expensive.
Yeah... you're right. The book was $250. I looked at it as a once in a lifetime opportunity. I had no idea Kim and Bobby were going to be at the show. This movie meant so much to me throughout all my life. I still remember going to this movie the day it came out. My brother and I went in our Turtles Pajamas, even wearing the colored bandanas, aged 9 and 8. The line we waited in went all the way outside of the theater. It was also at an AMC in Florida, which is where I was at this event. Even though I lived most my life outside of Florida, to have been there then, and to be here now, with these people... it meant so much to me.

I got to see their complete stack of 100 posters as they pulled them out of their envelope from the printer. I got to see them pull out script books from their box. I watched them sign these (and took pictures of them doing it) Several of us there spent quite a bit of time talking to these guys. What they were able to pull off was remarkable considering the time. They even had the original poster that Kim Dawson used to pitch the Turtles to each of the different movie studios back in 1989. I took a picture of that too. It was incredible, and to get that book, right there, #4/100, it meant so much to me, and I think it let them know how much it meant to me by not even balking at the price. I wanted to show them that appreciation. Also, a funny thing.. they were letting us look at #5/100, but Kim said that he couldn't sell that one, and that it was Bobby's (I think that's who. He said it belonged to one of them) but he pulled out #4 and #6 and I bought #4. Given that #5 wasn't for sale, I'd assume that there are not truly 100 actually being sold off. Kind of like when an author has lettered editions of a book. Usually the first two letters go to the author and publisher, and the remaining 24 (or 50) get sold off.