The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-19-2021, 09:33 PM   #21
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Watching it now.

Surprised to see
Spoiler:
Rhodey
in it...even if just as a cameo.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 09:41 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Saw the first episode. Kind of a lots of twiddling thumbs but hey, it's the opener.

I was hoping for at least a glimpse of Zemo, but alas.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:08 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

I find it hard to believe Falcon has no money when he worked with Tony Stark and all the other heroes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:11 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I find it hard to believe Falcon has no money when he worked with Tony Stark and all the other heroes.
They talk about it in the episode. And he's right... it'd be weird if Tony Stark was giving out paychecks to anyone.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:46 AM   #25
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Watching it now.

Surprised to see
Spoiler:
Rhodey
in it...even if just as a cameo.
We'll get to see more of him in that Armor Wars show.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:15 PM   #26
AquaParade
Banned

Great start. Loving this new format for the MCU and how much closer I am finally getting to these characters.

What really irks me is not knowing whether we will see physical releases of these shows anytime soon, if at all.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:50 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

I also groaned at Bucky saying, "I tried the online dating thing."

Seriously, was this an attempt to be "hip" with the young 20-25 year old demographic of today? Are we honestly led to believe someone who looks like Bucky cannot get a date? And why are they promoting online dating in a TV show?
Old 03-21-2021, 01:14 AM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Are we honestly led to believe someone who looks like Bucky cannot get a date?
I mean, it tracks that he wouldn't seriously be looking to, right? He was a mind-programmed zombie for many decades until like a year ago in-story (the 5 years doesn't count since he was one of the dusted).
Old 03-22-2021, 06:54 AM   #29
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Great first episode, already enjoying this much more than WandaVision!
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:54 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It had the biggest Disney+ opening ever, beating anything of The Mandalorian and WandaVision.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/falcon-...disney-launch/

I mean, I guess that's fair. Falcon and the Winter Soldier S01E01 is probably "better" and meatier than either WandaVision S01E01 or either season premiere of Mandalorian, honestly.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:18 AM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

I mean it's a traditional action series. Wandavision starts off as a black and white sit-com and people probably didn't know what to make of it if they didn't have an open mind.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:36 PM   #32
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It had the biggest Disney+ opening ever, beating anything of The Mandalorian and WandaVision.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/falcon-...disney-launch/

I mean, I guess that's fair. Falcon and the Winter Soldier S01E01 is probably "better" and meatier than either WandaVision S01E01 or either season premiere of Mandalorian, honestly.
There are a lot of factors at play if you want to compare the two MCU shows. For one, you could say WandaVision laid a lot of groundwork for this show, by slowly getting people on-board Disney+ throughout the series. Now, when Falcon & WS premiers, there are way more people with the service, ready to watch on day one.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:49 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

These shows likely have even high viewships when you realize how many people are watching them on illegally streaming websites and don't have a D+ subscription. I always assume add another 10 million people on top of the official ratings since there's millions who just watch this uploaded anywhere.
Old 03-26-2021, 10:36 AM   #34
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Another decent episode. Seeing Carly Lumby as Isaiah Bradley was pretty neat, big fan of guy since his work on the Justice League animated series.

And now that Eli has also made his MCU debut, I definitely get the feeling they're slowly building up towards a Young Avengers team up.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:48 PM   #35
AquaParade
Banned

I liked the second episode but it's mixed for me. A lot of the writing is exposition that sticks out like a sore thumb. I like these characters though and the fact that we're getting to know U.S. Agent.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:21 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I worry that if WandaVision ended up being a high concept, high potential series that didn't really pay off much beyond setting up a movie we won't even get for a while now (Doctor Strange 2) while jerking us around a bit expectation level wise ("Are we going to see big X-Men stuff? Other universes??")... this show might be more of the same. Only instead of ending up teasing a movie, this show will just provide a bigger teaser for "Secret Invasion" on Disney+ (which WandaVision did as well) which is going to end up being the new "Defenders" culmination, watch. I bet even Loki will show up.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:36 PM   #37
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I'm a fan of "Star-spangled Man With a Plan" from First Avenger, so hearing it referenced in this show made me smile wider than it ought to have.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:41 AM   #38
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I worry that if WandaVision ended up being a high concept, high potential series that didn't really pay off much beyond setting up a movie we won't even get for a while now (Doctor Strange 2) while jerking us around a bit expectation level wise ("Are we going to see big X-Men stuff? Other universes??")... this show might be more of the same. Only instead of ending up teasing a movie, this show will just provide a bigger teaser for "Secret Invasion" on Disney+ (which WandaVision did as well) which is going to end up being the new "Defenders" culmination, watch. I bet even Loki will show up.
I'm surprised Loki is on the Love and Thunder poster since he's supposed to be dead in the main MCU.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:18 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

Way too much gay pandering for shippers in this ep for my liking, but otherwise a good ep. Also funny when the police arrived they arrested the white man (Bucky) instead of the black one. I bet there is some sort of social commentary here.
Old 03-27-2021, 04:48 PM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Way too much gay pandering for shippers in this ep for my liking, but otherwise a good ep. Also funny when the police arrived they arrested the white man (Bucky) instead of the black one. I bet there is some sort of social commentary here.
Absolutely it was. Eyeball rollingly.

As soon as the cop asks Falcon even the first time what he's doing... right away I was going, "Oh god... please tell me they're not going there right now. There is no need to go there right now. The show was doing so great until now..."