The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-28-2021, 01:53 PM   #1
Icebot
Foot Elite

RIP Michael Collins, Astronaut

Astronaut Michael Collins has just passed away from cancer, he was 90.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wi..._headlines_hed
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:01 PM   #2
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

He was such an important figure.

He will be dearly missed.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:45 PM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

These kinds of guys are the real deal. Always sad when one of them passes.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 06:24 PM   #4
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Well now Michael is back with his comrade Neil in their next world mission, saw a couple of Michael's interviews, interesting personality he had, RIP Michael & Neil.
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:56 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

To think if it wasn't for people like him how much might never have been achieved. Not just the advancement in getting into space and things like the collective efforts of the Space Station, but all the research that takes place because of the advancements that were built on top of the Apollo missions and which often positively impact life back on the ground.

Nor would I even be sitting here in a new (b-day gift) shuttle Discovery shirt... even though he never went up in one, but still helped pave the way for it.

RIP Mr. Collins. Off to the next mission... and to quote the character named after his lone surviving fellow Apollo 11 astronaut... to infinity and beyond.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:20 PM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Nor would I even be sitting here in a new (b-day gift) shuttle Discovery shirt... even though he never went up in one, but still helped pave the way for it.
The Apollo Project was so much cooler than the Space Shuttle. The Apollo flew from Earth to Moon and back. The Space Shuttle just flew in Earth orbit.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:26 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well I didn't say one was better, only that the work of Apollo missions paved the way for later things like the Shuttles.

Though if you aren't in this country and not part of that generation here that grew up in the early days of the Space Shuttle program back when the launches were always live on tv, I could see how you don't care that much.

The Apollo missions were my parent's era of space, the Shuttle missions were mine.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote