The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2017, 06:09 PM   #661
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior

These things are sweet, but the derp eyes on the turtles are killing my buzz. Mike is fine, the other three are not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22191F1D-BF13-4DE9-9E7E-3024A56A15DE.jpg (74.2 KB, 110 views)
Old 07-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #662
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
Someone else on twitter had a derpy eye on the turtles issue. Randy said- you paid $200 , you are entitled to a perfect product (contact customer service via email above)
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #663
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Someone else on twitter had a derpy eye on the turtles issue. Randy said- you paid $200 , you are entitled to a perfect product (contact customer service via email above)
I have emailed them, thank you. I also have a foot soldier with what looks like a growth on the side of his head. So I captured that and sent it as well.

I really do love this set, and will be very happy with it when my issues are fixed.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #664
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Yeah. It's disappointing when you have a problem, but it is heartening to know that the company wants to make it right. I'm glad I got the luck of the draw.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:21 PM   #665
CH@O$!
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
That happened to me with my arcade Shredder. they sent me the hand I was missing no problem. Might take a little while. They might not get it out until after SDCC is done.
cool thanks for the heads up.

This is the response I got from Neca after I e-mailed them.

"I do apologize. We aware of the ongoing issues with your TMNT set, we are currently compiling the information and are working on a solution. Please allow us some time and we will get back to you shortly with a resolution."
CH@O$! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:57 PM   #666
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

One of my 2 collector cases is minty AF, the other one has a few really minor dings, one of which is a little ovoid shape cut through the vinyl on back that if peeled out would leave a hole. Both seem like they had pressure applied to the back as the back is a bit concave.

I'm not gonna complain about those dings. The minty one is for my minty archive/backup, and the minor dinged one can be the one I leave out in the 'elements'.

But I have yet to open either and check out the figs!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:36 PM   #667
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

I just noticed 3 of my turtles have derp eyes too.. plus raphs bandana is coming off/or wasn't glued properly..

What does neca usually do in a case like this? Refund portion of the money or send replacement parts?
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:56 PM   #668
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
I just noticed 3 of my turtles have derp eyes too.. plus raphs bandana is coming off/or wasn't glued properly..

What does neca usually do in a case like this? Refund portion of the money or send replacement parts?
Typically mail you replacement parts for free.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:23 PM   #669
predaking000
Thug

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the info. Contacted them and they said to contact them tomorrow if the tracking number doesn't start tracking by then.

Re: the miscellaneous QC issues...yeah, that's why I'm not longer a MISB collector. I was always thinking of incomplete pieces and QC errors inside the box.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:14 AM   #670
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Just posted this in the NECA thread, but feel it's also relevant here (apologies for duplicate posting):

Pixel Dan has posted an interesting pic on his Instagram account:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWwGbKCA...pixeldan&hl=en

"I am told this familiar looking diorama will be populated with some new TMNT reveals tomorrow! "

I'd hope/be massively excited if it was Bebop & Rocksteady...& maybe a Rock Soldier?!

Gotta be Foot Clan related, surely?

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:52 AM   #671
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

Traag & Granitor would be EPIC. Bebop and Rocksteady would be most welcome!
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:48 AM   #672
Coro
Mad Scientist

Android body...take bets.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:07 AM   #673
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Diorama will be populated with...
...new line of cute little Scalers!
lololol jk

Android Body would be cool but the odds sound stacked on rock soldiers. While I'm down with that, would seem a bit tacky to jump straight to another army builder banking on quadruple-dips instead of jumping to something people have actually been asking for.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:08 AM   #674
LilithMV
Thug

Android body would be perfect. But if it's a SDCC exclusive (yeah I know it would be), sigh, my wallet will start to cry, again.

But the android body would be too good so it's likely something else. The only other just as good is if they release April, Rocksteady and Bebop.
LilithMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:29 AM   #675
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Diorama will be populated with...
...new line of cute little Scalers!
lololol jk

Android Body would be cool but the odds sound stacked on rock soldiers. While I'm down with that, would seem a bit tacky to jump straight to another army builder banking on quadruple-dips instead of jumping to something people have actually been asking for.
That's NECA
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #676
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

More arcade sets

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #677
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

We don't yet know how these will be offered.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #678
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Just got my set in the mail, anybody else notice the turtles bandana knots have been changed? On the arcade set they could swivel around, not on these, I prefer the arcade bandanas because you could see them from the front. Also the joints seem more stiff and fragile, does the articulation get degraded after a mold is used so many times?

I know it's NECA's style, but not sure if all that shading on the figures was really necessary, the black lines around the turtles eyes and bandana, along with the pupils being different sizes, kinda makes it look like mascara dripping down. Here's a custom paintjob I did of the arcade set last year without all the extra lines/shading:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...id=6&styleid=4

The new Dimension X figures sculpts look great, all new sculpts. I just wish Shredder and Foot Soldiers got all new toon accurate sculpts like them, instead of re-using parts, since they're obviously more popular characters. Seeing this new NECA Shredder almost 100% toon accurate, but with the wrong arms and legs and armor, seems like a missed oppurtunity, could have been the greatest Shredder figure ever.

The collector case is pretty cool, painting these turtles in 1988 colors with that throwback collector case would be the ultimate tribute to Playmates. I have an extra arcade set I'm considering to paint in 1988 colors at some point, but wanna wait to see if NECA plans to re-release them like that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #679
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
Just got my set in the mail, anybody else notice the turtles bandana knots have been changed? On the arcade set they could swivel around, not on these, I prefer the arcade bandanas because you could see them from the front. Also the joints seem more stiff and fragile, does the articulation get degraded after a mold is used so many times?

I know it's NECA's style, but not sure if all that shading on the figures was really necessary, the black lines around the turtles eyes and bandana, along with the pupils being different sizes, kinda makes it look like mascara dripping down. Here's a custom paintjob I did of the arcade set last year without all the extra lines/shading:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...id=6&styleid=4

The new Dimension X figures sculpts look great, all new sculpts. I just wish Shredder and Foot Soldiers got all new toon accurate sculpts like them, instead of re-using parts, since they're obviously more popular characters. Seeing this new NECA Shredder almost 100% toon accurate, but with the wrong arms and legs and armor, seems like a missed oppurtunity, could have been the greatest Shredder figure ever.

The collector case is pretty cool, painting these turtles in 1988 colors with that throwback collector case would be the ultimate tribute to Playmates. I have an extra arcade set I'm considering to paint in 1988 colors at some point, but wanna wait to see if NECA plans to re-release them like that.
You can still swivel the bandana ties, they are just harder to move than the arcade sets.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #680
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Got my set this morning! The shipping box was slightly dented and tape was cut.on one end but no damage to the actual collectors case. No bad quality control on the figures except one of Mikey's pupils is slightly smaller than the other but it doesn't bother me. I am so in love with these, especially Shedder! I already have them displayed in a big fight scene with the Classics Bebop, Rocksteady, Party Wagon, FG Android body and my custom Pizza Monster. I am gonna start building a huge diorama now. I dont have a phone that can post pics so I'll upload some from my laptop later