The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-19-2018, 02:33 PM   #21
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Who was the poster on here that got mad at Ciro for basically telling him to **** off after they sent him a message on Facebook about the things they didn't like about his show?
That would be me.

After months of basically saying positive things about the show, I dared to say two things I didn't like. Basically I didn't care for Casey's Stupid FacePaint look...and that the Pulverizer was the most useless tmnt character ever invented.

I basically got F Bombed into oblivion and got told to commit suicide by his yes fans.
I'm still rather shocked at how fast that dove tailed.

It was only after that I learned that he'd already been driven mad by Cube who drove him off here. so the over reaction to an opinion made a little more sense.
Even though I shouldn't have to apologize for an opinion, I did anyway after learning all of the hate he was getting from other people, but he was having none of it...and that was it with that.

Suffice it to say, that was the last time I felt the need to interact with any of the new corporate shows creators.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:48 PM   #22
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
That would be me.

After months of basically saying positive things about the show

It was only after that I learned that he'd already been driven mad by Cube who drove him off here. .
Both of those comments surprised me
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #23
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Both of those comments surprised me
Lets just say I Was more open to the shows flaws .

then Season 2 happened, followed by the Farm episodes, and I all but lost hope at that point and would have given up, if there wasn't still something I liked about it.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'm shocked your not at the fore front of all the complaining.... this entire series would be like your worst nightmare ;o).
Why would I care either way about the latest cartoon for little kids? And even if I did, why would I expect it to be exactly like all the other little kid TMNT cartoons?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:33 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Who was the poster on here that got mad at Ciro for basically telling him to **** off after they sent him a message on Facebook about the things they didn't like about his show?
Vegita-san harassed Ciro over on his social media pages, I'm not surprised he got blocked/banned or whatever.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #26
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I hope that if any of the Rise Crew decide to join this place, that they won't be driven off like Ciro was because Nick Baxter wasn't like his 2k3 counterpart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why would I care either way about the latest cartoon for little kids? And even if I did, why would I expect it to be exactly like all the other little kid TMNT cartoons?
Yeah, there is no reason for you to care about the FAKE tmnt.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #27
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
I picture you going into a froth any time bebop and rocksteady get mentioned as someones favorite characters

Old 02-19-2018, 03:48 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I picture you going into a froth any time bebop and rocksteady get mentioned as someones favorite characters
Well, I've always found that to be a great litmus test.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:53 PM   #29
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I hope that if any of the Rise Crew decide to join this place, that they won't be driven off like Ciro was because Nick Baxter wasn't like his 2k3 counterpart.
I've seen him receive a lot of vulgarity from someone over the finale, just constant swearing at him, how does a person plan to get a point across that way? well unless that the point is just they aren't happy, it did that, Ciro seemed to handle the comments I saw on the finale okay though.
I was surprised to learn he was on here, when I looked for his posts I think one of them said 'I really shouldn't be here' maybe as a creator he thought he shouldn't be?

Last edited by newfan; 02-19-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #30
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I've seen him receive a lot of vulgarity from someone over the finale, just constant swearing at him, how does a person plan to get a point across that way? well unless that the point is just they aren't happy, it did that, but I mean a valid one.
Maybe by that point in season 5 he learned how to deal with it. Back in Season 1, not so much. After I learned how some other 'fans' had been dealing with their feelings towards the show, by going at him with all kinds of crazy stuff...some of the anger I felt at how I had been treated vanished a bit and replaced with understanding.. It all kind of fell into place.

Not one of my prouder moments. But still have no desire to seek out any new tmnt talent from this point forward. Not worth it.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #31
newfan
Mad Scientist

So that show got a lot of it too, I don't know what the overall reaction was to 2012 compared to this one but I imagine similar from those who didn't like it. 2K3 would not really have had the social media aspect in it's time but I imagine there was some negativity before that started?
It isn't just TMNT , I followed a show my daughter likes and they tweeted about not hating.

Last edited by newfan; 02-19-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #32
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
The "fandom" is really making itself look really, really bad and really dumb over RotTMNT. At large. For a variety of reasons, some painfully obvious.
The rest of the internet is worse right now. There's at least some people here who like/are optimistic/don't care here.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
The rest of the internet is worse right now.
There's plenty on FB. Practically every TMNT FB group is lit up like a Christmas tree right now with 30, 40 year-olds galore going, "WHAAAATTT??? They're ruining TMNT!!!! #notmyTMNT!!!"

SAD!
Old 02-19-2018, 04:30 PM   #34
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
There's plenty on FB. Practically every TMNT FB group is lit up like a Christmas tree right now with 30, 40 year-olds galore going, "WHAAAATTT??? They're ruining TMNT!!!! #notmyTMNT!!!"

SAD!
I hate to say it, but it's really the casuals/non-fans. Yeah, they're the TMNT groups on FB, but they're the same kind of people who refuse to accept a non-Cajun Leatherhead or Casey with short hair.

People who have been "in the game" for the whole length are more "meh" about it on the whole.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #35
dragonside
Hench Mutant

I think we have to at least give it a chance.

And hey, if it turns out to be a flop, they'll try again right?

Maybe we'll get an:

Medicore to okay tv show, but a much better movie (series)?

Comics seems like they are doing pretty well.

Balance will come....
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:17 PM   #36
Vegita-San
Emperor

that's because 'old time' fans have been through the wringer already. we've suffered bad tmnt. We've suffered tmnt resurgance. We know there is usually a light at the end of the tunnel.

And I think most of us are at the point where, if there isn't this time, that's OK too. We've had 25 great years and that's enough for most of us.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:27 PM   #37
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
And hey, if it turns out to be a flop, they'll try again right?
God, I hope so. I do worry that a series (this or any other) could flop and they choose to blame the franchise for not being popular anymore rather than their own choices.

Provided I make it to old age, personally I really hope the franchise outlives me. For this generation to be old and dying off, but know the Turtles still hopefully continue on without us would be pretty cool. Nah, 25 years isn't enough... Wish I could live long enough to see them hit a century, but that ain't gonna happen. My nephew could though.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:51 PM   #38
sdp
-

I thought those were the non toxic places of the fandom wasnt that argued in the other thread
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:06 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
I think we have to at least give it a chance.
No we don't. I mean, you should if you want to venture an opinion... but just keep in mind RotTMNT and it's staff don't owe one thing to 30, 40 year old fans.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:34 PM   #40
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I hate to say it, but it's really the casuals/non-fans. Yeah, they're the TMNT groups on FB, but they're the same kind of people who refuse to accept a non-Cajun Leatherhead or Casey with short hair.

People who have been "in the game" for the whole length are more "meh" about it on the whole.

I'm just glad someone else can see that, or is willing to admit it. It's mostly been myself & Cubed making that distinction up to this point.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote