The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-09-2015, 04:10 AM   #21
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

From what the girl told me at the booth, There will be 3 separate lines. A collectors line which is based on the original series. These are very articulate and the turtles have die-cast body/shells. Then there will be 2 series based on the Nick show. One geared towards little kids which has bigger bricks/Half Shell Heroes style figs. And then another series geared towards older kids.

She said that what was displayed was only designed to showcase the figures and the sets/environments were not part of any actual set. They had no idea what any of the sets would include and it was the first time even they had actually seen the new TMNT stuff.

In person, I really liked how these looked. I must say, I am definitely picking some of this stuff up.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:20 AM   #22
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I didn't know pics out already. I know the van in the pictures is a life size display but that means OT van will definitely get a set. I've always wanted a Lego version of that...Well it's megablocks but I don't mind. The figures look cute too.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:42 AM   #23
Miles
Thug

The OT version has me interested. Very cool.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #24
nathanbofficial
Random Punk

Lego it better! But I'm thinking of turning some of these sets into lego sets if the price is good. I'm interested in the original van if it ever comes to pass
nathanbofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #25
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbofficial View Post
Lego it better! But I'm thinking of turning some of these sets into lego sets if the price is good. I'm interested in the original van if it ever comes to pass
Lego isn't really better. Not anymore. Mega Bloks really has stepped up their game.

Now adays all you're paying for with Lego is the name. They're pretty much the same.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:47 PM   #26
MisfitKraang
Foot Soldier

I wish Lego still had the rights but meh they didn't do much with it anyway, hopefully mega blocks will
MisfitKraang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:21 PM   #27
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitKraang View Post
I wish Lego still had the rights but meh they didn't do much with it anyway, hopefully mega blocks will
True, and not doing a Lego TMNT game was a miss opportunity.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:32 PM   #28
Ravnos7
New Recruit

If they release these as blind bagged single figures like the Halo stuff I'll buy a ton. Not so interested in big building block sets though..
Ravnos7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:13 PM   #29
MisfitKraang
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
True, and not doing a Lego TMNT game was a miss opportunity.
Huge missed opportunity! It woulda been so cool exploring the open world NYC or going into the sewers and maybe hunting down all the mutants...oh what could have been...
MisfitKraang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #30
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I'm still salty about LEGO dropping the license.

Just think, we could have Ninja Turtles in LEGO Dimensions right now if LEGO had kept the license!!! Complete with its own open world area just like the other themes in Dimensions. I would love that SO much. LEGO would had to fight against activision probably but activision sucks. if LEGO had pushed hard enough about keeping the license Nick might have dropped activision, because clearly LEGO games are better made and sell better too.

Oh well. Trying to move on!

I will buy some... not sure just how far into this hole I will go, but I will make sure I get a few sets at a minimum.

Most interested in the figures as I prefer LEGO Blocks (not that MB is bad, they are close to LEGO quality these days)
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #31
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

since they have lack of paint, and no elbo articulation, i'm gonna assume theyre in their prototype stage.

other than that....

holy **** they're superior than lego ever were!
s0 much better i love them!

..now if they can give us better articulated, better detailed, more accurate 2014-2016 movie bay turtles...if they can make them as half as good if not better than lego's

as for the 87 line, WOW! thats gonna cost more money since the die cast shells...still...one would hope they make the comic 84 turtles..as an exlusive
OTHER THAN THAT, ALLS I GOTTA SAY IS!

i ship it.

Last edited by METALHEAD; 10-10-2015 at 03:59 PM.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:49 PM   #32
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
since they have lack of paint, and no elbo articulation, i'm gonna assume theyre in their prototype stage.
I don't think the NickToons ones will get elbows. Only the Classic Collectors Line.

MegaBloks tends to treat Kid focused lines different. Hence the lack of Elbows on them.

Some of the huge ships and such they've made in other lines make me hope for a massive classic line Technodrome.

https://www.megabloks.com/en-us/shop...ward-unto-dawn

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 01:37 AM   #33
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
I don't think the NickToons ones will get elbows. Only the Classic Collectors Line.

MegaBloks tends to treat Kid focused lines different. Hence the lack of Elbows on them.

Some of the huge ships and such they've made in other lines make me hope for a massive classic line Technodrome.

https://www.megabloks.com/en-us/shop...ward-unto-dawn
well that's a bummer! at least I hope they come fully painted. I would hope they would make a line for the 2016 movie, with super articulation like the 87 line.

which brings to question...being that I am TRYING to move out before the year is over, I have to wonder, are the nick turtle line gonna cost less? is the fred wolf tmnt line gonna cost more? or about the same? what?

and why die cast shells? I don't get that. is that gonna increase the price? will the two (3) lines gonna coexist together?

wouldn't that cause problems? hrm.. so many questions...

cus ya know..i gotta know! I wanna collect a toyline atleast ONE while I have my first new place wit' my chick. (and she's already anal about my spending habbits)

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:05 AM   #34
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

One thing I've noticed about Megabloks is that their environments are heads and tails way better than Lego, their vehicles tend to be more realistic and their figures are more action-figures. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the Lego collection, I have all the sets. But IMO they dropped the ball with TMNT. They did put out some great sets, but overall I felt very disappointed.

The rep told me those ARE the final Megabloks figures. Remember, these will hit retail no later that January. That's just a few months away. They HAD to be ready due to unique elements & production process. Building/environment & vehicle elements are much easier to throw together as most already exist. Whatever will become the final sets, they have to be in final production phase in order to meet their street date.

I absolutely loved their water tower display for the Nick versions. I can totally see a rooftop showdown set! I'm excited to see the actual sets, which should be VERY soon. Hoping for both a OT & Nick Party Wagon, OT Blimp or at least the Glider, OT & Nick Sewer Lair & Technodrome sets. Even if the OT Technodrome is that main bridge/portal room!

Here are a couple pics I took:
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:07 AM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyu2112 View Post
One thing I've noticed about Megabloks is that their environments are heads and tails way better than Lego, their vehicles tend to be more realistic and their figures are more action-figures. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the Lego collection, I have all the sets. But IMO they dropped the ball with TMNT. They did put out some great sets, but overall I felt very disappointed.

The rep told me those ARE the final Megabloks figures. Remember, these will hit retail no later that January. That's just a few months away. They HAD to be ready due to unique elements & production process. Building/environment & vehicle elements are much easier to throw together as most already exist. Whatever will become the final sets, they have to be in final production phase in order to meet their street date.

I absolutely loved their water tower display for the Nick versions. I can totally see a rooftop showdown set! I'm excited to see the actual sets, which should be VERY soon. Hoping for both a OT & Nick Party Wagon, OT Blimp or at least the Glider, OT & Nick Sewer Lair & Technodrome sets. Even if the OT Technodrome is that main bridge/portal room!
I will totally spend money I shouldn't on a Technodrome and Glider sets.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #36
Unworthy tinker
Hench Mutant

All I can say is...Mega bloks, take my money so I can have tiny TMNT and Monster high characters displayed together. It's a dream come true.

I need these sets, it all looks amazing! Don't get me wrong, Lego was nice, but duuudes, these blow Lego out of the water. Even if the Nick figures lack elbow articulation, they look pretty good.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:25 PM   #37
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

That these are final figures with paint apps missing, and that only FW figures gets the "collector" treatment is a bit disappointing.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:40 PM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Yeah, those Nick MegaBlok TMNT figures are just... insulting, really. Dang.

They look goofy and awkward as hell.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:25 AM   #39
Unworthy tinker
Hench Mutant

I'd still take the sculpted details over simple paint apps to look like a shell. Although, yeah, missing paint is a stinker, and uhh, Donnie really bugs the heck out of me (well, his face looks cute. Maybe he can be salvaged). Otherwise, I personally prefer them over the Lego sets. I own a few Mega Blok sets, so I have faith that maybe they'll look better in person.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:21 PM   #40
Gunstar_Red
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnos7 View Post
If they release these as blind bagged single figures like the Halo stuff I'll buy a ton. Not so interested in big building block sets though..
Me too. I was like this with Lego. I didn't want to buy the large $30-60 sets, just the "budget" bags and mini sets. I really just want the figures.

"Surrender to the fact that life isn't fair."
Gunstar_Red is offline   Reply With Quote