The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Married... with children?
I am unmarried, no children. 30 69.77%
I am unmarried, children. 0 0%
I am married, no children. 2 4.65%
I am married, children. 6 13.95%
I am engaged, no children. 1 2.33%
I am engaged, children. 1 2.33%
I am divorced, no children. 2 4.65%
I am divorced, children. 0 0%
I am divorced but remarried, no children. 0 0%
I am divorced but remarried, children. 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #21
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What is PCOS?
Google it.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:05 AM   #22
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
There was bound to be someone else on here .

I'm basically being told by my doctors to do hormone regulation - a large part of which is dietary and uncovering what my food sensitivities are. So at least for the next 90 days, I can't have anything with yeast, gluten, eggs or casein.
It's going to be...interesting.
Good luck with that. When were you diagnosed?
Old 03-28-2017, 09:14 AM   #23
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Pretty recently. I think in February? It was confirmed with a blood test.
Spoiler:
It doesn't help me that I have a uterine fibroid either, which means certain things go longer than average when they actually do happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What is PCOS?
PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome. It basically means I have (non-cancerous) cysts in my ovaries. It makes ovulation a little more infrequent, and often wreaks havoc on basic hormonal balances. It's probably contributing to my low thyroid issues. It is possible for women with PCOS to get pregnant (as I would like to one day in the next few years), it's just a little harder. In short, it's a hormonal disease.

Birth control probably will be part of my treatment for hormone regulation as well, but I suck at remembering to take daily medications.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 03-28-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:38 AM   #24
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Not married, no kids.
Thank the lucky stars.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:41 AM   #25
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I have a friend online (won't say who or which form of social media we interact though) who says her parents and grandparents really want to see her settle down and have kids at some point. I for one find it a little sad that even in this day and age parents still try to pressure their fully grown offspring to procreate just so they can experience being grandparents. I mean honestly, what is the purpose of that?!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I have a friend online (won't say who or which form of social media we interact though) who says her parents and grandparents really want to see her settle down and have kids at some point. I for one find it a little sad that even in this day and age parents still try to pressure their fully grown offspring to procreate just so they can experience being grandparents. I mean honestly, what is the purpose of that?!
It's not for everybody but there's plenty of purpose to that. You have to look beyond the box of waffle cookies in front of you.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:45 AM   #27
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You have to look beyond the box of waffle cookies in front of you.
Still holding onto the past, aren't we? Seriously, this is just getting sad.

www.jephael.com
Old 03-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Still holding onto the past, aren't we?
lol, you're one to talk about holding onto the past...

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...lverse/rad.htm

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...rse/fanfic.htm

That's rich, kiddo.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #29
Jephael

Quote:
lol, you're one to talk about holding onto the past...

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/jephaelverse/

That's rich, kiddo.
Frankly I find it a little creepy that you still have an outdated version of my site on your domain. It's like the internet version of keeping a shrine of me in your bedroom.

www.jephael.com
Old 03-28-2017, 11:04 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Frankly I find it a little creepy that you still have an outdated version of my site on your domain. It's like the internet version of keeping a shrine of me in your bedroom.
Why would I? I haven't even logged into my site in a year or two. But if I did, it wouldn't be to look at your Mary Sue fanfiction about you going to other dimensions to hang with Marty McFly, Colonel Sanders and having sex with Tom Welling or whatever is going on in them.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #31
Jephael

Quote:
I haven't even logged into my site in a year or two. But if I did, it wouldn't be to look at your Mary Sue fanfiction about you going to other dimensions to hang with Marty McFly, Colonel Sanders and having sex with Tom Welling or whatever is going on in them.
That's kind of a "glass house" situation there at this point. I mean come on, your Hal and Kyle series is still up on YouTube, but you don't hear me boasting about it, especially not these days.

Besides the main point, you're kinda starting to scare me here. You seem overly obsessed with whatever happened back in 2006 that somehow correlates with that stupid job I had. Honestly, I don't even care anymore. You really need to seek some professional help or something, because I don't feel comfortable being here when you're like this. Get some help, man!!!

www.jephael.com
Old 03-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #32
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Pretty recently. I think in February? It was confirmed with a blood test.
Spoiler:
It doesn't help me that I have a uterine fibroid either, which means certain things go longer than average when they actually do happen.
I hope you're able to get everything under control. At this point in my life, forget it. lol
Quote:
PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome. It basically means I have (non-cancerous) cysts in my ovaries. It makes ovulation a little more infrequent, and often wreaks havoc on basic hormonal balances. It's probably contributing to my low thyroid issues. It is possible for women with PCOS to get pregnant (as I would like to one day in the next few years), it's just a little harder. In short, it's a hormonal disease.

Birth control probably will be part of my treatment for hormone regulation as well, but I suck at remembering to take daily medications.
Some other things linked to PCOS is weight gain, difficulty losing weight, and Type II Diabetes.

Quote:
From a very young age, about 11 or 12, I decided that I wouldn't have kids physically. I saw birth and the thought of going through that was traumatizing to me. I said if I ever had kids, I would adopt...but would want to do that before the age of 30, but it just wasn't affordable and I still can't now.

Anyway, my mom would like for me to settle down, but it's mainly because she doesn't want me to die alone...literally. I'm an only child. She's very worried about that.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Look, this is all kind of a "glass house" situation here at this point. I mean come on, your Hal and Kyle series is still up on YouTube, but you don't hear me boasting about it, especially not these days.
What does that have to do with anything? Why would you be boasting about it?

Quote:
Besides the main point, you're kinda starting to scare me here. You seem overly obsessed with whatever happened back in 2006 that somehow correlates with that stupid job I had.
Huh?

Quote:
Honestly, I don't even care anymore.
Oh, clearly.

Quote:
You really need to seek some professional help or something, because I don't feel comfortable talking to you when you're like this. Get some help, man!!!
Is this you CHARGING at me again? It sounds like you're CHARGING at me again.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:24 AM   #34
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I hope you're able to get everything under control. At this point in my life, forget it. lolSome other things linked to PCOS is weight gain, difficulty losing weight, and Type II Diabetes.

From a very young age, about 11 or 12, I decided that I wouldn't have kids physically. I saw birth and the thought of going through that was traumatizing to me. I said if I ever had kids, I would adopt...but would want to do that before the age of 30, but it just wasn't affordable and I still can't now.

Anyway, my mom would like for me to settle down, but it's mainly because she doesn't want me to die alone...literally. I'm an only child. She's very worried about that.
Hey there's nothing wrong with wanting to find a soulmate, but it should be for the pursuit of true love, not having someone to procreate with.

www.jephael.com
Old 03-28-2017, 11:27 AM   #35
Jephael

Quote:
Is this you CHARGING at me again? It sounds like you're CHARGING at me again.
To the contrary, dude. You're kinda "CHARGING" at me here. I said nothing to provoke you into making that cookie remark, but I just wanted to point out how it's starting to come off extremely creepy and obsessive for you to bring that up time and again. You're basically harassing me here with it, and that's not cool. It has to stop.

www.jephael.com
Old 03-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #36
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
To the contrary, dude. You're kinda "CHARGING" at me here. I said nothing to provoke you into making that cookie remark, but I just wanted to point out how it's starting to come off extremely creepy and obsessive for you to bring that up time and again. You're basically harassing me here with it, and that's not cool. It has to stop.
Yeah, from an outsider looking in, Jeph isn't the one causing the problems here. I don't even see why the stuff that happened eleven years ago is relevant now, especially on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post

I've pretty much always been comfortable with the idea of it. I mean, one of my favorite shows right now is Call the Midwife, where chances are something is going to go terribly wrong . In regards to that, my OB isn't worried about there being a problem with fertility for me, at least not right now.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:57 AM   #37
Jephael

Quote:
Yeah, from an outsider looking in, Jeph isn't the one causing the problems here. I don't even see why the stuff that happened eleven years ago is relevant now, especially on this thread.
Like I said, he's coming off obsessed with me. I'm basically Hal Jordan to his Sinestro.

www.jephael.com
Old 03-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #38
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
I'm not married myself, nor do I have kids so I can't speak for them with justice but in my opinion, people don't want grandkids for an external purpose that will be fufilled once they have them, but its just the sheer joy of having them. Basically, they enjoy having kids for the sake of having kids, its internally fufilling and purposeful in itself, not requiring justification from something else. Same with the institution of marriage that's been here for so long.

Am I right Andrew? (Since youre a dad and a husband)
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:27 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Basically, they enjoy having kids for the sake of having kids, its internally fufilling and purposeful in itself, not requiring justification from something else. Same with the institution of marriage that's been here for so long.

Am I right Andrew? (Since youre a dad and a husband)
Yeah, that sounds about right. Kids are bad-ass. Marriage is pretty neat, too.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:28 PM   #40
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I voted married no kids even though TECHNICALLY I DO have one. I say technically because I gave birth to one but she was adopted at birth by a friend of mine and now lives in Iowa. She knows who we are though and we keep in touch.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creeperandrew, fat hookers