The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-07-2024, 12:52 AM   #1
Lil G
Stone Warrior

NECA 2k3 Figures

Does anybody know is this is possible to happen? This whole waiting for Super 7 to drop random figures at a random time thing over the course of some, what, years? It's ridiculous, especially when they wouldn't be superior to what NECA would do with them anyway. Sorry, slight vent but I'm a huge 2k3 fan and feel like Nick keeps treating one of the most beloved iterations of the Turtles with disrespect. I understand it's not as marketable or "Turtlemania" as the other iterations but c'mon it helped hold down an entire block of children's local television for practically a decade, there has to be a fan base big enough to get them started on pushing the series. It seriously bugs me to see the Fred Wolf turtles gets 19,000 figures (all respect to the Fred Wolf fans, I'm jealous.. I consider myself a Fred Wolf fan but not to that extent) and the 2k3 show gets original re-releases... like wow cool thanks Nick you totally get it. Thanks for giving me what I had for 20 years already I just know NECA would do a great job, get it to us in a timely manner, capitalize on what's left of the 2k3 nostalgia that's literally barely been explored, and boost the Turtles brand in the process
Lil G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 01:50 AM   #2
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

I don't think the release of figures is as much a decision on Viacom/Nickelodeon's part, so much as the toy companies themselves. The simple matter is that NECA hasn't expressed too much interest in starting a 2003 line yet (interviews have shown that it's a possibility down the line, but not as high priority), while Super7 is ready and willing to jump into it. And it's fine if you prefer the products of one company over another, I guess, but you gotta at least give Super7 credit for taking the initiative (even though I know they're having a lot of problems right now which is just leading to more delays).

Whether NECA makes figures for 2003 or not relies more on NECA themselves, as I'm pretty sure they have the rights to do it. They just haven't wanted to. But it could happen eventually, especially if they were shown there was a demand for it.

As for the Playmates re-releases, that's just Playmates being Playmates. They do re-releases of old stuff all the time. Especially if they think it'll be good competition for other companies like NECA and Super7. I don't think it's a coincidence at all that these 2003 re-releases came out not too long after Super7 mentioned working on 2003 figures.

What I can agree on, though, is that Viacom/Nickelodeon hasn't been giving this particular iteration of TMNT the best treatment ever since the buyout back in... 2009, was it? Though in recent years, they've begun acknowledging it a little more than before, gradually.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 08:32 PM   #3
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

They're not really interested in the 2K3 show, saddly, first they´ll make millions of Toon figs before getting into the 2K3 line, saddly.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 08:59 PM   #4
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

And to me, that's okay ... there's still so much they need to finish in the 1987 and movie line before they get to 2003. They have their hands full at the moment with 1987 series, '90s movie era, Archie, Mirage, and now the Last Ronin.

Not sure if they'll ever come back to video game stuff, but I'd like to see them get more out of Archie before any 2003 love.