The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-23-2021, 04:49 PM   #81
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The director did a breakdown of the Prologue.

Old 11-23-2021, 04:49 PM   #82
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The 12 year old in me is interested to see Sam Neil and Goldblum back together again. But that's about it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:14 PM   #83
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The 12 year old in me is interested to see Sam Neil and Goldblum back together again. But that's about it.
I'm very excited about that. Jurassic World really got me back into the franchise. It's sequel jumped the shark a bit in the second half with the mansion though.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:48 PM   #84
sdp
doomer

What problems did you guys have with fallen kingdom? I loved it, I wish the island parts had been longer, the mansion parts were awesome. The not-john hammond was an alright retcon and I didn't mind the clone girl.

I just hated the ending of dinosaurs all over the world which is what this movie is about but I guess there was no stopping it, it was the idea of the novels, the second movie did it, the third movie originally was going to do it, the unfilmed fourth movie was going to do it.

I have no idea what to expect, I'm also excited for the original actors even if it makes no sense that they'd be involved based on their character arcs but whatever. It's meant to reference everything and "end" the saga while leaving it open ended for future movies. The franchise is supposed to take a break after this movie comes out which is good but apparently we'll get more movies eventually which I'm not crazy for dinosaurs everywhere.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 06:01 PM   #85
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

What's cool about this Prologue. It showed some of the original dinosaurs having feathers, Which explains why the Dinosaurs in Jurassic Park and Jurassic World do not due to that missing part of the DNA that they used a frog's DNA to complete.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:05 PM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
What problems did you guys have with fallen kingdom? I loved it, I wish the island parts had been longer, the mansion parts were awesome.
Mostly that it was stupid and unbelievable.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:20 PM   #87
sdp
doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
What's cool about this Prologue. It showed some of the original dinosaurs having feathers, Which explains why the Dinosaurs in Jurassic Park and Jurassic World do not due to that missing part of the DNA that they used a frog's DNA to complete.
This had been fanon in the JP fandom for many many years, it's nice to see it included. I love scaly dinosaurs more than anything but we need to move on and have feathered dinosaurs in media. A movie with feathered dinosaurs is Dinosaur Island 2014, can't think of many others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Mostly that it was stupid and unbelievable.
sure but so are the rest of the sequels, only the first movie really works as "believable".
Old 11-23-2021, 11:33 PM   #88
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Fallen Kingdom was good. Not sure how it’s unbelievable. Some things are kinda far fetched but plausible.

Including the old characters makes sense since the dinosaurs are here. Instead of any of them getting dragged to the islands again.

Bryce Dallas Howard kind of hinted on her instagram that Claire won’t survive. That’s disappointing if true.

The others managed to survive. Unless it’s not just her but I highly doubt they’d kill Grant, Ellie or Malcolm. Does not necessarily mean it’s by a dinosaur but then she can’t return in any future movies.
Old 11-23-2021, 11:59 PM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

For one, there was only like 20 dinos in that room. Now they're let out and the planet is overrun with dinosaurs everywhere? How?
Old 11-24-2021, 12:52 AM   #90
Wildcat
Foot Elite

They’ve already said Dominion is how the dinosaurs become part of earth again. Obviously they’ll try to recover them but they’re unable to for whatever reasons which allows most of them to live on and breed.

JP7 is more likely to have dinosaurs overrunning depending when it takes place. Probably not a dinosaur apocalypse but civilization being altered because of their presence. Like wildlife changes and going outside being dangerous.
Old 11-24-2021, 10:38 AM   #91
IMJ
Foot Elite

I'm looking forward to this because it's a frivolous, eyecandy, fun adventure series. But with that said, I'm always more of a fan of the Dinosaurs running around jungles than becoming "King Kong" monsters in a city.

There's something more visceral about the "man vs dinosaur" as "hunter in the wild jungle" flicks than "T-Rex Drinks From a Pool and terrorizes young girl and her dog".

Just a point of convo with that. It's not a "make or break for me". But again, the weakest parts of the last one where the mansion material.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:31 AM   #92
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Well, this is what I wrote in my post here about the last movie. I don't really even remember it very well now beyond the ending:

===

Saw Jurassic Park 5. Better than 4... but not very good. Seems really desperate in grasping at straws to take things in this series any place new. It really doesn't have much to say. The "Indoraptor"? Government shadow agencies bidding small amounts of money for dinosaurs for... war? A cloned girl inserted to make us see that "we're the same as the dinosaurs"? I don't get the hybrid stuff, and it's two movies in a row now... and the last three now have been trying to "out T-rex the T-rex"... stop that. Best moment was the brontosaurus on the dock as they left. The rest is kind of a sub-end-of-"Lost World" affair. I don't think any movies after this will be even this compelling... I guess, they're just supposed to go around and try and collect them now, Pokemon-style? That doesn't seem very interesting.

It's a lot like Westworld (which makes sense... Westworld was Crichton's Jurassic Park warmup)... the whole thing is the robot revolt. Jurassic Park, the longer you can have the park believably and functionally open, the more mileage you can get. "Jurassic World" presented another chance, but they just repeated the exact same story as the first movie except inserting a lame FAKE dinosaur. The longer you spend building that up and living in that (whether it's the park in the JP movies or Westworld in Westworld), the more you can get out of that.

Better writing, the last Jurassic World could have had crazy stuff confined to an isolated incident paid off by rich investors... leaving future movies to continue delving into that pot. But it left things in exactly the same place as the end of the first movie. To be fair, I'm not sure what else this new movie could have done.

I didn't get what they were going with tonally with the ending. Is it... "Yay! T-Rex and velociraptor are gonna eat people in cities now!"? Because that's pretty sadistic. Is it... "The dinosaurs win! They're reclaiming their empire!" Because they won't. Or what? It doesn't make any sense and I wasn't sure what the movie wanted me to feel. There wasn't THAT many dinosaurs released... there was like 30, tops, in that room. Surely a week with the National Guard and Army combing the area would clean up (i.e., completely murder) all dinos roaming around.
Old 11-24-2021, 04:48 PM   #93
Sumac
Foot Elite

Fallen Kingdom felt like a B-movie parody with a budget. An evil auction to sell dinosaurs. A cartoonish villain. A preachy scenes, like the one with a little girl releasing dinosaurs.

All in all it felt...pointless and stupid.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:00 PM   #94
sdp
doomer

I agree that I think dinosaurs in the mainland are a different type of movie that I don't want Jurassic Park to be, I still enjoy it because dinosaurs but I'd prefer a more what happens in the park, a movie sequel that Jurassic Park The game told about the barbasol can or even a sequel based on Jurassic Park // Chaos Continues video game.

But we can't deny that dinosaurs in the mainland was an idea that is in the original book and has been hinted in every movie after the first, so it's very Michael Chrichton. The movie takes place a few years after Fallen Kingdom and by now the information of cloning dinosaurs has been out and sold for many years (since JW basically when Wu escapes), they released a couple of dozen of dinosaurs but we don't know how long they were selling the others for. The world will only have more dinosaurs, not as its main population either but I guess life finds a way is what they're going for. I'll be the judge when I see the movie. I actually want this movie to do really badly because I don't want a JP 7 unless it's a remake/reboot.
Old 11-24-2021, 10:36 PM   #95
Wildcat
Foot Elite

They’ve spent too much time in the park/islands. Dinosaurs loose in civilization is the next logical step. Encounters like that in the drive-in are cool (I know it’s not gonna be in the movie).

There’s more for the dinosaurs to interact with now. At this point that’s more interesting than more running through the jungle and rides breaking.

Reopening JW after the Indominus Rex events would not have made sense. It was already operational for sometime before then. I’m glad we got to see it in business though.
Old 11-25-2021, 02:26 AM   #96
frank_one
Mad Scientist

For a series of movies called Jurassic WORLD it is about time the dinos leave the park and start roaming the world. Now all I want is a Dino-Riders movie.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:59 AM   #97
Turo602
The King of Kings

I've always wanted this series to explore the idea of dinosaurs and humans "co-existing." So the ending of Fallen Kingdom made me extremely happy with where they were going with this. I just hope they do that dark ending I've always wanted as well where the dinosaurs do win and humans start becoming extinct as Ian Malcolm predicted. It could essentially end up becoming more like Planet of the Apes but with dinosaurs so that it still remains a cautionary tale to not f*ck with nature.
Old 11-25-2021, 04:17 PM   #98
Sumac
Foot Elite

Anther movie set on the island with the dinosaurs, would be just too predictable and goofy. Not to mention non-original.

For better or worse moving away from the park idea is a logical and (possibly) the only way to continue the story without making it "island of the week" movie self-parody. Though Fallen Kingdom almost did it anyway.
Old 11-25-2021, 05:16 PM   #99
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Ever since the 3rd act of Lost World Jurassic Park showed the T-Rex going around San Diego causing problems, I always wanted to see what it looked like if Dinosaurs were released around the world, I think it would fun and wild to see how the people would have to deal with all that.

Like it wouldn't be safe to go outside because there might be a Dinosaur in the corner, Even going camping wouldn't be safe.