The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-29-2021, 12:38 PM   #21
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
The numbers don't lie, the comic is still selling around the same amount as it did pre-#100:

https://i.imgur.com/mEfZQpj.png

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...07Diamond.html

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...08Diamond.html

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...09Diamond.html

Just because a handful of people on here dislike it doesn't mean the comic isn't still popular or successful.
Thats why I'm saying that this should be another book with Sophie still writing it for those that like that kind of stuff and there should be one that stay true to what was started since the first issue of the IDW run.
The numbers are not telling what kind of people is buying it. And I'm pretty sure the original audience switched with another demography. Maybe its a handful for you, but I keep finding people all around the internet who didnt like the departure the comic took and are still waiting for it to return how it was. Maybe some of those are still buying it in hope it will change (they shouldnt... the only way to get heard is with your money)
If you like it, its fine. I dont. And the only other TMNT comic I can get is one that keeps getting delayed and not in the same canon.
(Or the Andrew run. Yeah I'm gonna call it that)
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 01:52 PM   #22
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
Thats why I'm saying that this should be another book with Sophie still writing it for those that like that kind of stuff and there should be one that stay true to what was started since the first issue of the IDW run.
The numbers are not telling what kind of people is buying it. And I'm pretty sure the original audience switched with another demography. Maybe its a handful for you, but I keep finding people all around the internet who didnt like the departure the comic took and are still waiting for it to return how it was. Maybe some of those are still buying it in hope it will change (they shouldnt... the only way to get heard is with your money)
If you like it, its fine. I dont. And the only other TMNT comic I can get is one that keeps getting delayed and not in the same canon.
(Or the Andrew run. Yeah I'm gonna call it that)
So what other sites are you going to that have people voicing their dislike of the series?
I've seen this said on here many times but no one has ever provided a link or some proof to back these claims up - I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just asking for some evidence, a reasonable request surely?
Old 11-29-2021, 05:48 PM   #23
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
The numbers don't lie, the comic is still selling around the same amount as it did pre-#100:

https://i.imgur.com/mEfZQpj.png

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...07Diamond.html

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...08Diamond.html

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...09Diamond.html

Just because a handful of people on here dislike it doesn't mean the comic isn't still popular or successful.
I'm honestly confused about who the majority of people buying this book are aside from... Well, people like me who do it out of habit and in the hopes that the actual plot will resume. But even that would only seem to account for about 10.000 people based on old sales data.

Who are these additional 5-10.000 buyers? There's pretty much only two people here who actively defend it, at least without admitting it's flawed, otherwise it has mostly received a negative response here. On 4chan there is a similar response to it as well and it's really hard to gauge the response on twitter/reddit because of those sites work.

Is it people who are reading through the Waltz run for the first time and try to keep up? Is it people who picked up Last Ronin (which actually sells better than some Marvel/DC books according to these numbers) and assume it's in continuity with this?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:16 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

I assume Sophie's run will continue till issue 150. Then issue 151-200 will likely be the return of Tom Waltz for the home stretch of the series as it reaches its conclusion.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:17 PM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
So what other sites are you going to that have people voicing their dislike of the series?
I've seen this said on here many times but no one has ever provided a link or some proof to back these claims up - I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just asking for some evidence, a reasonable request surely?
I did manage to find some things on reddit but not much, like I said, the it's kind of difficult to browse for something like this. Most IDW related reddit threads I find talk about Tom's run, not Sophie's.

However, there is one rather long thread I found where most people detail their frustrations with Sophie's run:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TMNT/commen...e_sophies_run/

And of course if you start a thread on /co/ regarding the subject, most people there will tell you it sucks.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 11-29-2021 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:44 PM   #26
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Is it people who are reading through the Waltz run for the first time and try to keep up? Is it people who picked up Last Ronin (which actually sells better than some Marvel/DC books according to these numbers) and assume it's in continuity with this?
This right here describes me. I started by picking up a issue 100 and seeing how awesome all this was. I picked up and glanced though some of the newer issues (110~116 thereabouts) but didnt want to get too spoiled so I went about getting the hardbacks. While I was digesting the hardbacks as I got them (Amazon was a godsend for the deals), I started picking up the comic around the issue where Bebop and Rocksteady bitch out because the Girl Band (Tm) was just so amazing and cool. It really pissed me off.

I have a more obsessive personality so if I pick something up...I pick it up and try to watch it till the end even if I am hate watching/reading it (I do/did it with He-Man Revelations and RWBY for instance). I still hold out hope that the series will feel like it has weight again instead of its current feel. I am not sure how much longer I will keep spending money on it...but I will definitely be spending more on the Last Ronin.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:07 AM   #27
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

A few months ago I posted the one hundredth page of my Fancomic and got no replies whatsoever.

I actually voiced a gentle request to have some replies, the only one I got was telling me "People are too busy complaining about the IDW comic run to care."

This thread shows that that reply was spot on, well I'm very close to getting the 200'th page.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:55 AM   #28
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
A few months ago I posted the one hundredth page of my Fancomic and got no replies whatsoever.

I actually voiced a gentle request to have some replies, the only one I got was telling me "People are too busy complaining about the IDW comic run to care."

This thread shows that that reply was spot on, well I'm very close to getting the 200'th page.
What? You're not entitled to get noticed. And why would a fan comic ever receive anywhere near as much attention as the official comic?
Hahahaha!
Old 11-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #29
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'm honestly confused about who the majority of people buying this book are aside from... Well, people like me who do it out of habit and in the hopes that the actual plot will resume. But even that would only seem to account for about 10.000 people based on old sales data.

Who are these additional 5-10.000 buyers? There's pretty much only two people here who actively defend it, at least without admitting it's flawed, otherwise it has mostly received a negative response here. On 4chan there is a similar response to it as well and it's really hard to gauge the response on twitter/reddit because of those sites work.

I'm assuming you mean myself when referring to those defending the current run but I'd like to point out that I have previously said that I find the pacing slower than it should be.

That Reddit thread is actually quite civilized compared to the usual discourse on here but again it seems to be minority of the overall readership and 4chan is a 24/7 dumpster fire so I wouldn't consider anything on there to be reputable.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:46 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I assume Sophie's run will continue till issue 150. Then issue 151-200 will likely be the return of Tom Waltz for the home stretch of the series as it reaches its conclusion.
I doubt anyone is eyeballing a "conclusion." Doing that would be prematurely admitting defeat, and I don't mean that in a mean or derogatory way. What may happen at some point is they'll bring back Tom then do a spinoff with Sophie's TMNT. I don't foresee any hard severance taking place at this point, though.

I'm sure the original plan was, hey, Sophie, fill in while Tom works on Last Ronin for 3-4 months. But around this time IDW CEOs changed and... I think general directions and "goals" changed with it at the top level, maybe on a couple different levels. We may never know what really went on or is going on. There isn't enough data, though, really. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if "Last Ronin" had sold poorly. Their next move(s) after that would have told the story.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:24 PM   #31
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What? You're not entitled to get noticed. And why would a fan comic ever receive anywhere near as much attention as the official comic?
I never said that, but it's rewarding to get at least some comments than none at all. And I'm not the only fan artist that feels that way.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:26 PM   #32
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I never said that, but it's rewarding to get at least some comments than none at all. And I'm not the only fan artist that feels that way.
To be fair I wasn't aware you were posting a fan-comic anywhere, if you could provide a link I'll gladly take a look.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:29 PM   #33
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
To be fair I wasn't aware you were posting a fan-comic anywhere, if you could provide a link I'll gladly take a look.
Thank you.

Here you are.
https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...ad.php?t=62662
Old 11-30-2021, 01:21 PM   #34
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Casey's gonna bang a pig-person?
Good god, I havn't really kept up with it since issue 100.

Mutant Town is an interesting area to take things too...but this is not one of those areas..

interest in this series has dropped off to near nill, and not because of the pandemic.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 01:24 PM   #35
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
interest in this series has dropped off to near nill, and not because of the pandemic.
The sales figures disagree, in fact they pretty clearly show that the opposite is in fact true.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:31 PM   #36
ChosenOne
Banned

Gotta love the broken record.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 01:45 PM   #37
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That's pretty good, although I suspect I'm missing some necessary background details having not watched the 2012 series and to be totally honest I rarely venture outside of the Comic Discussion section on here, but clearly I should do so more often.
Keep up the good work.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:50 PM   #38
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Gotta love the broken record.
must be an IDW plant .

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 01:54 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 02:06 PM   #40
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
That's pretty good, although I suspect I'm missing some necessary background details having not watched the 2012 series and to be totally honest I rarely venture outside of the Comic Discussion section on here, but clearly I should do so more often.
Keep up the good work.
Thank you, it's also a lot of fun. My intention here was to create a comic which could have been the sixth season. And as such I used what I enjoyed the most of the 2012 series and went from there.

You should look up the episode "Lone rat and cubs" which was written by Kevin Eastman himself to get a good insight to what the series is like.