The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-13-2021, 07:47 PM   #1
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

new leak suggests Hasbro making TMNT/PR figures

Let's discuss the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Power Rangers crossover figures from Hasbro.

The first reliable information about them has been posted by Jtprime17 on the TFW2005 boards.

Based on the leak, which figures do you think we are getting?

Last edited by Zulithe; 02-13-2021 at 10:52 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:54 PM   #2
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

I'm simply interested in seeing what Hasbro can do with Turtles figures in general. Don't get me wrong, I'd pick up a set of morphed Turtles, and DEFINITELY a Green Ranger Shredder.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:23 PM   #3
mikey0
Foot Elite

TMNT 2 packs PRG BLT PK A = Leonardo and Raphael
TMNT 2 packs PRG BLT PK B = Michelangelo and Donatello
TMNT 2 packs PRG BLT PK C = April O Neil and Casey Jones
PRG BLT A SQD Venus = SPD Yellow Ranger
PRG BLT A SQD Jupiter = SPD Red Ranger
PRG FAN Boom Shredder = Green Ranger Shredder

Last edited by mikey0; 02-13-2021 at 11:31 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:49 PM   #4
Mr. Orange
Random Punk

The ASQD codes refer to Power Rangers figures from SPD sadly.

Very much looking forward to these. Imagine getting these in the late 90's....
Mr. Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:36 PM   #5
mikey0
Foot Elite

I’m hoping the 2 packs come with the head sculpts of the turtles and April. Hasbro should also do a regular Shredder figure.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:32 PM   #6
mrmaczaps
Banned

Any idea if these will be Target or Walmart exclusives or if they'll be through comic shops, yet?
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:59 PM   #7
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Any idea if these will be Target or Walmart exclusives or if they'll be through comic shops, yet?
The Boom Comics Shredder will be a Fan Exclusive sold through Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth, and GameStop. The other figures should be at everywhere The Lightning Collection figures are sold.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:04 PM   #8
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The Boom Comics Shredder will be a Fan Exclusive sold through Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth, and GameStop. The other figures should be at everywhere The Lightning Collection figures are sold.
Not a fan of MMPR so for someone who has never bought a "lightning collection" figure, sounds like both walmart & target would have it plus comic shops could order them?
Old 02-14-2021, 06:15 PM   #9
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Not a fan of MMPR so for someone who has never bought a "lightning collection" figure, sounds like both walmart & target would have it plus comic shops could order them?
Yes, Walmart, Meijer, Target, and Dorkside Collectibles all should have them. I imagine that some comic book shops will carry them as well.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:18 PM   #10
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Yes, Walmart, Meijer, Target, and Dorkside Collectibles all should have them. I imagine that some comic book shops will carry them as well.
Thanks. I'll have to make sure my dudes at Target know these are coming & see if my LCS can keep an eye out just in case.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:30 PM   #11
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Thanks. I'll have to make sure my dudes at Target know these are coming & see if my LCS can keep an eye out just in case.
You’re welcome. I cannot wait for when these are revealed online.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:54 PM   #12
tmntman
Mad Scientist

I'm excited about Shredder. But I really doubt that the rest of the listing is related to the Boom Comic cross over. Look at all of the previous Lightening Collection releases, they don't focus on one team in any release cycle. I can't believe that they are going to change this to devote all of their shelf space to TMNT/PR cross over figures. It would also call into question how they would negotiate the rights to do this with Playmates. But if Shredder is the only one based on the cross over, this would be in keeping with their past releases and allows Hasbro to skirt Playmates' contract as he will be a specialty market exclusive.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #13
mikey0
Foot Elite

I just hope that Hasbro does Casey Jones and not Foot Soldier Tommy Oliver for the 2 pack with April as the Pink Ranger in it.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:26 PM   #14
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
I'm excited about Shredder. But I really doubt that the rest of the listing is related to the Boom Comic cross over. Look at all of the previous Lightening Collection releases, they don't focus on one team in any release cycle. I can't believe that they are going to change this to devote all of their shelf space to TMNT/PR cross over figures. It would also call into question how they would negotiate the rights to do this with Playmates. But if Shredder is the only one based on the cross over, this would be in keeping with their past releases and allows Hasbro to skirt Playmates' contract as he will be a specialty market exclusive.
Maybe thats why the Turtles figures will be in the Power Ranger gear vs just being Turtles? Just an idea.

As for April & Casey, they wouldn't look any different really than any other female/male pair of figures of a normal PR, other than being the design from this particular comic series. I just hope they aren't overly articulated like more of the PR figures I've seen are, cuz that would turn me off from wanting them for my collection.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:47 PM   #15
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It looks like Shredder may be exclusive. I think if you really want these I'd see if you can get a preorder somewhere. It can be a little hit or miss at stores, and I anticipate, the scalpers will be all over them.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 01:05 PM   #16
Dask
Mad Scientist

I was a huge fan of the TMNT and Batman cross-over and collected all the GameStop figures. I'm not sure if I would take the plunge for MMPR as I was never fan (although, I did find the series entertaining with the White Ranger/Green Ranger antics). For a non-fan, maybe I would pick up the Green Rangers Shredder...not sure. Does anyone know if there are turtles inside the costumes, I haven't been up to date with this particular sub-series?
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 01:22 PM   #17
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I was a huge fan of the TMNT and Batman cross-over and collected all the GameStop figures. I'm not sure if I would take the plunge for MMPR as I was never fan (although, I did find the series entertaining with the White Ranger/Green Ranger antics). For a non-fan, maybe I would pick up the Green Rangers Shredder...not sure. Does anyone know if there are turtles inside the costumes, I haven't been up to date with this particular sub-series?
In the Boom Comics MMPR and TMNT crossover, the turtles and April are in the MMPR costumes and they have the Power Morphers.

I’m hoping that Playmates allowed Hasbro to make alternate heads of the turtles, Shredder, and April for these. Otherwise, these Boom Lightning Collection figures will not display well with the other Lightning Collection figures for Power Rangers fans.
Old 02-16-2021, 05:59 PM   #18
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Why do the morphed TMNT look like turtles? Power Rangers canon dictates they take the shape of the suit regardless of their body shape:

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:36 PM   #19
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Why do the morphed TMNT look like turtles? Power Rangers canon dictates they take the shape of the suit regardless of their body shape:
https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-12-2016/qzj5By.gif
https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-06-2017/poF-V_.gif
Because the turtles looking like turtles is way more awesome than Cruger (sp?) looking more human or Justin looking like an adult.
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:19 PM   #20
JerpJerp
Mouser

At first I'm like hmmm...Then I'm like, I need that black ranger turtle now
JerpJerp is offline   Reply With Quote