The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-18-2021, 12:51 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Are companies being paid by the government to go woke? ESG monies

It seems that way. You know how over the last 2 or 3 years all of these companies and studios suddenly seem hell-bent on pumping out SJW TV shows and comics, despite increasingly dwindling sales and ratings? Well, it turns out if you go woke you don't actually go broke... you instead get rewarded with a ton of money from the government:

https://www.natehoustman.net/2021/11...via-esg-funds/

https://www.heartland.org/news-opini...wake-up-on-esg

https://marcellusdrilling.com/2021/0...esg-investing/

Basically if you can prove that your company is driving a lot of identity politics/LGBTQ/SJW stuff in your TV shows or comics or what-have-you, you unlock all of these ESG monies which are, in turn, re-invested in by the Hollywood elite and all and fattened up by liberal investors who want to change the world by weaponizing the arts.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-18-2021 at 01:26 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 02:05 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
can we please keep this in your containment board (current events)?
No thank you. And this isn't really an "event," per se.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:37 PM   #3
Leo656
The Franchise

This certainly explains a ton. Thanks Andrew, way to stay vigilant.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:23 PM   #4
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The only one that's implying the govt is paying companies to go woke is the one with the EVS quote. One focuses on the environment and ones just....there.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 10:41 PM   #5
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It would make sense. It would explain bombs like Charlie Angel's where they knew they had a bomb on their hands but double-down on it and release it anyway because all that mattered what the whole 'toxic masculinity/defeat the male gaze' and whatever other agenda they wanted to push. Then they turn around and can blame men for it failing.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 12:50 AM   #6
Wildcat
Foot Elite

This is some conspiracy theory. Especially that first link.

-_- Can’t tell if being diverse or superheroes are paid to swap

I think the word Woke is funny. Anytime I see something “politically correct” I joke to myself, *gasp* Woke! or if it’s “offensive” I think, PC Principal would not like that.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:24 AM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I think don't think entertainment companies are paid government money in secret.

Rather, they are probably desperate in their fear of increased government involvment in culture, like the Children’s Television Acts in the 1990's.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
This is some conspiracy theory. Especially that first link.

-_- Can’t tell if being diverse or superheroes are paid to swap

I think the word Woke is funny. Anytime I see something “politically correct” I joke to myself, *gasp* Woke! or if it’s “offensive” I think, PC Principal would not like that.
It was never a good "movement", but it's so insipid that I think the word has evolved to simply encompass anything forced or appropriated or changed with some sense of maliciousness.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

The government? Dunno. By lobbies? I could see that.

I mean, ever notice how, for some reason, the whole "diversity" thing only seems to be about black people and LGBT people? The entertainment industry doesn't seem to care about Indians, native Americans, people in wheel chairs, Samoans, southeast Asians, Arabs, etc.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 06:32 PM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

Don't forget the Jews. Nobody gives a flying f*ck about those people, especially the "tolerant" Liberal Elite. But you're not supposed to point it out. Screws up the narrative.

Old 11-24-2021, 06:38 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Don't forget the Jews. Nobody gives a flying f*ck about those people, especially the "tolerant" Liberal Elite. But you're not supposed to point it out. Screws up the narrative.
Huh there are a lot of Jewish actors on Americans TV and Hollywood. A lot of shows have a Jewish character or two. Seinfeld, one of the most popular TV shows of all time, is a prime example of this.

Believe it or not, but a lot of people outside of USA overestimate the size of your country's Jewish population. Because there's often a token Jewish character around.

If there's several Jewish people in the show business already and plenty of Jewish characters on TV, then it makes sense no lobby would care to demand more Jewish representation on the American media. Also, the vast majority of Jewish Americans are white. And they seem to be very well assimilated and doing fine. So no one views them as some sort of oppressed minority.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:52 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

I was going to ask, does every modern TV show have at least one gay character in it? I think it's pretty much a mandate now for a new show to get greenlit on the air.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 06:53 PM   #13
Prowler
Emperor

Netflix seems to have a lot of shows with woke themes in them.

That turns me off from their platform.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:59 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Huh there are a lot of Jewish actors on Americans TV and Hollywood. A lot of shows have a Jewish character or two. Seinfeld, one of the most popular TV shows of all time, is a prime example of this.

Believe it or not, but a lot of people outside of USA overestimate the size of your country's Jewish population. Because there's often a token Jewish character around.

If there's several Jewish people in the show business already and plenty of Jewish characters on TV, then it makes sense no lobby would care to demand more Jewish representation on the American media. Also, the vast majority of Jewish Americans are white. And they seem to be very well assimilated and doing fine. So no one views them as some sort of oppressed minority.
I don't think it's so much about "representation" - a ton of filmmakers and people on the money side of "the industry" are Jewish, so of course there's going to be a ton of representation.

It's more about how being anti-Semitic is one of the few "acceptable" prejudices left. Like you can't even make fun of fat people without someone jumping your sh*t. But you can totally say the Jews deserved the Holocaust or that they should just give Israel up so the Palestinians will calm down and go away (HAH!) and very few people will bat an eye.

Like you alluded to, black people and LGBTQ+ people act like they have the monopoly on past grievances and all that. But try and even imply that maybe another group had it as bad or worse and they get VERY persnickety. To most of them, not being allowed to go in the Ladies' room because they have a penis is a form of discrimination WAY worse than the gas chambers.

I... disagree. Respectfully.

I have a few Jewish friends who also vote Democrat. Sometimes for fun I ask them how they reconcile the fact that their chosen party hates them and would sell them out in a heartbeat. They never have any GOOD answers but it's fun to watch them try and come up with something.

Old 11-24-2021, 07:19 PM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

I have honestly never met an anti-semite in my life. I was surprised to hear antisemitism is even still a thing in several places.

I've also never met a Jewish person in my life. There are very few in my country. Like less than a thousand. Hundreds of years ago, the Inquisition either killed them, expelled them or forced them to convert to Christianity. Since then, our Jewish population became one of the smallest in Europe and antisemitism pretty much died. After all, who'd hate someone they never met? To me the idea of hating Jewish people just seems bizarre. Something only a neo nazi or something would do.

I also never heard anyone say that about the Holocaust. The only ethnic group I've heard anyone saying something similar about was the Gypsies. They're hated throughout Europe.

Yes, I know the far left tends to be pro-Palestine, but I don't think that's antisemitism. The state of Israel is a country with flaws like any other place in the world. While it's primarily inhabited by Jewish people, it also has a considerable Muslim population. Plus, obviously lots of Jews don't live in Israel. If Israel or any other country does something bad, then it deserves criticism.

It would be odd for Communists to be antisemitic considering Karl Marx and Leon Trotsky were Jewish.

I don't view the Israel/Palestine conflict as a Good vs. Evil thing. If anything, I think both sides are idiots and the powers that be of both governments don't want to end it for their own benefit. And quite frankly, I don't think most people here care about it enough to pick a side.