The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-06-2021, 10:12 PM   #101
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Anyways. "Turtle Conventions" would have to be a thing for your hypothetical scenario to happen. And as we all know... wait for it... TMNT isn't actually very popular. Y'all can hate me, I'm gonna keep saying it until it stops being true. Especially since other people boldly and repeatedly claim much more stupid and provably-false things than that around here.
They cancelled all the TMNT conventions because they didn't like all the gross and suspect 40 year olds gathering around a children's event.
Old 08-07-2021, 08:44 AM   #102
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
They cancelled all the TMNT conventions because they didn't like all the gross and suspect 40 year olds gathering around a children's event.

If that's true then they would be doing the same for.... basically any pop culture convention....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:01 AM   #103
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
If that's true then they would be doing the same for.... basically any pop culture convention....
I'm telling ya, man. They already got Gobo.
Old 08-07-2021, 09:10 AM   #104
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
I'm telling ya, man. They already got Gobo.
I don't think I've ever even seen a kid at C2E2.....
Old 08-07-2021, 04:40 PM   #105
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
These profit-minded billion-dollar corporations spend all this money producing, manufacturing and shipping these things because there's NO significant money in it, and some rando on the internet has the charts and graphs to "prove" it.
Of course there's a profit it used to cost something like $0.07 a disc for a manufacturer, I'm sure prices haven't changed much. Even when you count the whole product life cycle it should still be a few dollars at most. But people aren't buying them so it is so little in profits it's not even worth highlighting in their fiscal quarters.

DVD sales peaked in 2006 and have only gone down since then, that's 15 years of a downward trend and even to as far as I could get information they still outsell Blu-Rays (and that's BR and 4K BR combined which are two different formats). Streaming outperforms physical by such a shockingly huge margin to argue otherwise is just ridiculous.

I used to get these type of responses in the early 2010s when people were still holding on to their physical media collections and not understanding the downward trend but come on we're in the 2020s, this isn't some secret. It's like arguing with someone that the internet is the future, when in the 2020s it's now all about how blockchains are disrupting the markets now and will continue to do so for the rest of the decade. Then again some people still think Mattel actually owns He-Man.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 05:14 PM   #106
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Then again some people still think Mattel actually owns He-Man.
Jesus, stop.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 05:59 PM   #107
Vegita-San
Emperor

Season 4 and Season 1 are probably my favorite of the show, because they seemed the most stable, even with the long breaks.

Earths Last stand was an interesting twist, because thanks to one word from leonardo, splinter had enough intuition to survive one more time.

City at War should have been renamed something else. Foot Reborn, because the title didn't really fit.

Insecta was a nice little baxter finale. Bat in the Belfry, while goofy, was a good batman rip off, and the last 7 episodes tied everything together nicely. The only one that didn't really fit was mutant gangland.

And it took a NICKELODEAN show to finally kill off shredder and splinter of all things, when simply chopping off his head took a fox sensors job a mere ten or so years earlier. go figure.

Season 5 introduces tatsu, sadly for only one show really. we get alot of ghostbusters references. and a final appearance by Splinter. Shredder's sudden change of heart going back willingly STILL doesn't make alot of sense. But I guess they needed to finish the episode somehow. tiger claws truce did, however.

on to the rest.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 06:12 PM   #108
CyberCubed
Overlord

The opening 4-parter of Season 5 is one of my favorite arcs of the show, I'm surprised they were able to cram so many storylines and returning characters into just 4 episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 02:07 AM   #109
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The opening 4-parter of Season 5 is one of my favorite arcs of the show, I'm surprised they were able to cram so many storylines and returning characters into just 4 episodes.
That arc is my favourite of season 5, but then it is still attached to the main story, I still feel I would have preferred it last just due to tying up the characters and we would have had time before Shredder returning. I guess the idea was to close up loose ends at the start and then move onto tales.
Tatsu would have been a good character to use earlier but I liked the arc with him here.

Not sure exactly the order I would rank the seasons off the top of my head but 1,2 and 4 would come up stronger then and 3 and 5.

Vegita San, I'm not sure if I am misreading your comment about the beheading, did someone get fired to trying to do that previously? or was it the beheading in 2k3?

Last edited by newfan; 08-14-2021 at 02:18 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:10 AM   #110
sdp
Megan Fox = April

2K3 has shredder getting beheaded and it aired on Fox Box at the time, so I guess that's what he's referring to. I didn't know they fired a censor over that, especially since Shredder picks up the helmet at the end of the episode.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:16 AM   #111
CyberCubed
Overlord

The difference is during Season 1 of the 2k3 series we didn't know Shredder was an Utrom yet, so when Leonardo slashed off his head people thought he was human. Then at the end of the episode his body stands up and picks up his head, so people were speculating he was immortal or something.

The Utrom reveal wasn't until Season 2, so back then it was a bit surprising. The Nick series on the other hand DID allow Leonardo to slash off Shredder's head, so they actually did it for *real* this time.

I think it's also a sign of changing of the times. Censors were still very hard on cartoons in the early 2000's (although less than the 90's), but then in the 2010 decade cartoons have been pushing boundaries more with violence, gay/lesbian relationships, and so forth. I know most of the stuff seen in cartoons nowadays would have never been allowed in the shows I watched as a kid.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:47 AM   #112
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
The difference is during Season 1 of the 2k3 series we didn't know Shredder was an Utrom yet, so when Leonardo slashed off his head people thought he was human. Then at the end of the episode his body stands up and picks up his head, so people were speculating he was immortal or something.

The Utrom reveal wasn't until Season 2, so back then it was a bit surprising. The Nick series on the other hand DID allow Leonardo to slash off Shredder's head, so they actually did it for *real* this time.

I think it's also a sign of changing of the times. Censors were still very hard on cartoons in the early 2000's (although less than the 90's), but then in the 2010 decade cartoons have been pushing boundaries more with violence, gay/lesbian relationships, and so forth. I know most of the stuff seen in cartoons nowadays would have never been allowed in the shows I watched as a kid.
Between Return to New York aired in early October 2003, and unti Secret Origins aired in mid-late Janury 2004, some people thought it was a Human Shredder in an Utrom-built exoskeleton.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:24 AM   #113
sdp
Megan Fox = April

In just a few months this show will be a decade old. What was the revival of a franchise that had been dead and now it is dead again. The 2012 show is the only real success Nick has had with the franchise in the 13 years they've owned it.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:15 AM   #114
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I might!

Honestly I dropped the title with 50 out of complete boredom with the series. It wasn't until after I dropped it that I started hearing about the woke SJW crap permeating the title. I'd throw some money at it again out of story interest, but I don't give a dime to Woke $#!(, and that's what the title seems geared for from word-of-mouth.

If you have a recommendation to sample a digital copy though, please PM me and I might follow your advice.
I'm sorry it took me a long time to get back with you on that, but PM send
Old 08-21-2021, 12:38 PM   #115
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
In just a few months this show will be a decade old. What was the revival of a franchise that had been dead and now it is dead again. The 2012 show is the only real success Nick has had with the franchise in the 13 years they've owned it.
SDP provides a post where every sentence is true and poignant. I'll be darned.... cover me in chocolate and call me gobbsmacked and stunned....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
I'm sorry it took me a long time to get back with you on that, but PM send
's cool! TY!
Old 08-21-2021, 02:44 PM   #116
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's also probably why they shouldn't have ended the show so soon, it could have lasted at least 7 seasons.
Old 08-21-2021, 04:36 PM   #117
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It's also probably why they shouldn't have ended the show so soon, it could have lasted at least 7 seasons.
That is the worst kind of thinking. Stories should end when they reach their end. They shouldn't continue just for the sake of being longer. If there's more story to tell, then take as long as you need, but no longer. This sort of thinking is what led to all the franchise zombies we have now.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 05:19 PM   #118
CyberCubed
Overlord

7 seasons isn't that long though, it's the standard length for a show. There are more stories that could have been told (or comic adaptions or other characters they could have brought in) afterward.
Old 08-22-2021, 03:52 AM   #119
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
7 seasons isn't that long though, it's the standard length for a show. There are more stories that could have been told (or comic adaptions or other characters they could have brought in) afterward.
I dunno, 7 seasons roughly equates to 7 years. That's a pretty long time. And I don't really think there's any one "standard" length of a TV show. Gravity Falls is near perfect, and it was 2 seasons, 40 episodes. Adventure Time took 9 (or 10) seasons. Generator Rex took 3, same with Avatar. Samurai Jack had 5. I could go on. The point is, a good story need only take as long as it needs to tell it's tale. Sure, TMNT could have gone on for longer, but that's true of just about anything. Just look at The Simpsons. You can churn out episodes for as long as you want, but eventually you run out of worthwhile ideas. They could have kept going and done more adaptations or episodes, but did they really need too? 2012 told its main story in 4 seasons and a TV movie. I say let things go out on a high note and fade into a fond memory, rather than parading a corpse around, which only gets worse the longer you do it, and makes everyone sick of it eventually. I think 2012 had as much as it needed. Probably a little more than it needed.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 11:16 AM   #120
CyberCubed
Overlord

The 2k3 series lasted 7 seasons and 156 episodes, I thought the Nick show (which was a lot more popular with mainstream audiences) would last at least as long.